Player on the way? McCready signs (bloody ANCIENT thread!)

Re: Player on the way? - Chris McCready signs

Postby Posh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Interesting post Marky and tend to agree with general points regarding Dave Artell but doesn't weigh up his ability to get us to promotion rather than his perceived value in League 1. However agree with point he'd struggle at a higher level. If so then the replacement has to be better and we'll find out soon enough. You talk about him playing at a higher level, including a season in the Championship, but omit to mention he was deemed not good enough by a team who finished below us in League 2 and whose defensive record and League position improved dramatically on his departure. Crewe also plummeted two leagues while he was at the club. I hope he works out but your determination to rubbish Dave Artell's record has required some rose tinted glasses (there is a first time for everything) to justify your point.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 am

the only thing what concerns me is the "sick note tag" all be it niggling injuries, so then when you get back into the team in takes you a good few games to get match fit etc etc :|

but it's all good if he's been brought up through the ranks at Crewe with Dario Gradi, he will be a footballing center-half comfortable on the ball

fingers crossed no injury's, the Lad is due some good luck
George Dawes

Postby durianmuncher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:59 am

The 'Sicknote' tag is mildly concerning, but I'm sure it has been taken into consideration, and wasn't recent anyway.

Personally, I find this signing very exciting indeed and am really looking forward to the first match he is involved in. His position versatility is ideal.
durianmuncher

Previous

Return to General Discussion