DAVE ARTELL

Re: DAVE ARTELL

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 pm

So what you are saying is he was right to tell her to f**k off?
From what this guy is saying, his female friend wasnt slating his performance at all nor hurling offensive verbals at him. No matter how you put it no paying fan deserves to be told to f**k off particulary when this fan is contributing to Mr Artells wages.
In some cases yes, some fans do deserve to be told, some deserve a good belting but from what the post said, Artells response was out of order.
chrise27007mk2

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote: some deserve a good belting

Really? I would prefer it if you pointed your gun in the other direction Sir 8-)

I don't think this conversation is getting us anywhere T.B.H.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:43 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I don't think this conversation is getting us anywhere T.B.H.

Exactly. The Moose is no longer with us. Unfortunately .................. :(
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 pm

:lol:

TBH no its not but i dont agree with it.
chrise27007mk2

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:I don't think this conversation is getting us anywhere T.B.H.

Exactly. The Moose is no longer with us. Unfortunately .................. :(

Unfortunately :(
chrise27007mk2

Postby Opinionated » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:
Opinionated wrote:
alwaysright wrote:Artell !!!!! i remember him playing in a game lastseason a Christie when he played 1 of his usual wayward hoofs upfield, too which my friend (female) said to him, what sort of pass was that, and Artell shouted back at her, why dont you f--- off, my friend actually wrote to Artell and the club for an apology but unfortunatly she got no reply from either, Artell, yeh nice guy........not.

To be fair if somebody other than your boss criticised you during work hours you wouldn't be best pleased either.

A female?

That's a kick in the teeth for feminism!
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby keepthefaith » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Maybe the expletives were a bit harsh but...
From the post, I take it to mean that being near enough for Arts to hear what was said....I PRESUME this lady was in the paddock. Now on a weekly basis, some of the unneccessary abuse being shouted from that paddock was completely uncalled for. And in the defence of the players, in the middle of the game when they hear something, they cannot possibly judge whether it was said in jest, or whether it was abuse -so he reacted how he saw fit at the time, no? Nobody would have blinked if he had responded to a bloke like that. If she is 'big' enough to shout it.....
Now this 'lady' obviously said it loud enough, deliberately for Artell to hear. Why? For a reaction?!
All I'm saying is, you take the rough with the smooth. If you feel it appropriate to tell a professional your opinion on how he is doing his job, is he then not allowed to give you his opinion also?
Having met Artell and his family a few times after games at CP, I found him to be a genuine, family orientated, very intelligent bloke. And I can only think that the way he reacted was due to the constant torrent of abuse that the players were 'expected' to put up with from that Paddock at CP.
Notice what is absent from the new Globe Arena???
keepthefaith

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm

keepthefaith wrote:Notice what is absent from the new Globe Arena???

Dave Artell?
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:25 pm

keepthefaith wrote:Notice what is absent from the new Globe Arena???

Certainly not the abuse towards our own players and management, unfortunately.....
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby alwaysright » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:37 pm

keepthefaith, are you being serious with your posts ???? iv never read so much crap, my friend never swore at Artell and for him to reply with what he said was disgusting !!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Hes gone, get over it. Move on.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Was all this "incident" brought up on here at the time ?? :?

No real point in discussing it now really.
Seasider9601

Postby Sharpy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:47 pm

doesn't surprise me he had a go at a fan. he came across as a right violent arse most of the time. constantly mouthing off at officials, sprinting up to them when there was no need to. i for one am glad to see the back of him and his hoof ball.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:50 pm

I disagree Sharpy. He was passionate about the game, and a winner.

Not sure where you get your "violent" opinion from ???? :?
Seasider9601

Postby Sharpy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:54 pm

running up and screaming in officials faces seems a bit violent to me, aggression not passion. not a good example to be setting to the team and any budding young footballers watching, especially as captain as he was last season. no captain or vice captain should ever swear at a fan, the ones paying his wages after all!
Sharpy

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:00 pm

It happens all the time on the telly when the "big" boys are out to play
marky No.1

Postby Sharpy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:59 pm

doesn't make it acceptable though does it. is it too much to ask that the morecambe captain shows some class when he is on the field?
Sharpy

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 pm

:)
Sharpy wrote:doesn't make it acceptable though does it. is it too much to ask that the morecambe captain shows some class when he is on the field?

Give it a rest. You're making yourself sound stupid. Dave Artell, who I spoke to many times, is an articulate, intelligent and passionate footballer who gave his all for Morecambe FC. He played well and scored goals when it mattered, - Crewe, Shrewsbury, etc. etc. - was popular in the dressing room, a leader on the pitch and someone who off the pitch watched, studied and learnt about others teams and players that proved invaluable.

Having said all that, right or wrong, he's gone and making allegations does no one any favours.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Sharpy wrote:doesn't make it acceptable though does it. is it too much to ask that the morecambe captain shows some class when he is on the field?

Sharpy or shall i call you shabby,youre like an anoying POPUP f...k..f
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:04 pm

All heat of the moment stuff, from the sounds of it, on both sides.

Had the woman in question approached him afterwards in a calm manner and said she thought he was out of order, I am absolutely certain he'd have apologised appropriately.

As has been said by all those who have had dealings with him, he's an intelligent and articulate family man. Yes, he's passionate about football but he's not so yobbish as to say something like that during the flurry of a game and then stick to it when things have calmed down later.

I doubt he ever saw the letter if, indeed, it was delivered to the club (and was composed in the appropriate way).

If he had then it's completely out of character for him not to have replied.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby alwaysright » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:33 am

Shrimper, as i said in my post, my friend actually wrote to Artell via the club regarding his outburst and asked for an apology from him but unfortunatly he didnt have the manners to reply
alwaysright

Postby Ntini » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 am

alwaysright wrote:Shrimper, as i said in my post, my friend actually wrote to Artell via the club regarding his outburst and asked for an apology from him but unfortunatly he didnt have the manners to reply

I think that could be jumping the gun a little, as how are you sure he received said mail?
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby alwaysright » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am

Actually she wrote 2 letters, 1 to the player and 1 to the club, regarding the said players behaviour and didnt get a reply from either !!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Ntini » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:12 am

alwaysright wrote:Actually she wrote 2 letters, 1 to the player and 1 to the club, regarding the said players behaviour and didnt get a reply from either !!!!!!

If it wasn't sent to his home address (which I'm guessing it wasn't) and you didn't give it to him personally, then all I'm saying is that there is a chance that he may not have got the letter. In which case it's a bit unfair to slate the man, especially when he's no longer here.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Sharpy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:34 pm

actually can't believe people are trying to defend him!!! it doesn't matter what his overall personality is at all, the guy turned to directly swear at a fan! nothing makes this acceptable, take a look at jim, im not always a fan of him when he plays but the guy is an absolute gent! would he ever swear at a fan? does that make him un passionate because he doesn't swear at fans?
and no i won't fk off. another one of the "rose tinted glasses" crowd are we?
Sharpy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion