A Message from the lads (old thread)

Re: A Message from the lads

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 am

I made this video in belief that we'd finish 7th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR5K76bqEK4

BELIEVE !!!
Crooky MFC

Postby scar » Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 am

Great post Jim.

From presenting you with Man of the Match awards in the conference through chatting after matches in JB's through to just the other day, you've always been a fantastic ambassador to the club. Never one to gloss over poor performances or shirk from giving credit where it has been due.

I can't think of a more deserving club captain than yourself. If there was ever an "Honorary Sandgrownun" award, you'd be the first to receive it.

Good luck for tonight to you and the entire team.
scar

Postby John L » Thu May 20, 2010 11:01 am

Wow!!! Great post, Jim! That's really made my day! Dominic and I have thoroughly enjoyed supporting our home town club over the last seven or so years, having originally been pursuaded by a friend that, even for a non-league club, they play good football. I have to say that throughout this time you, Jim, have played a huge part to make this great club what it is, through your leadership, commitment and desire to be the very best, and you are an inspiration to every one of us who follows our club home and away. It's also been an absolute pleasure to meet you on a number of occasions. We have had some wonderful experiences at Christie Park, such as the play-off match against York, the JPT match against Port Vale and the league matches against Barnet, Peterborough, Rotherham, Bradford, Bury, Notts County, Bournemouth and Crewe amongst many others. To add to this, away trips to Deepdale (1st time around!), Molineux, Chester, MK Dons, Shrewbury and, of course, Wembley will live long in the memory and I'm certain that there will be many more to come! Like many others of the 523 who came to support you last Sunday, we proudly sang and clapped to the end, happily showing our continued appreciation as you all came off the pitch, because we all feel a big part of this family and we fully appreciate the efforts of you and your team-mates, win, lose or draw. This is what makes Morecambe the best club in the league and we will do the same tonight to help make it a special one. Whatever happens, you have all played huge parts in making this season the best ever for Morecambe FC and it's supporters and for this we will be forever grateful. Pepperami, Mossy, Moose, Jimbo, Stanners, Gaz, Waynaldo, Jevo, Wainer, Scotty, Manny, Fraser, Drummy, Aaron, Duffs, Willo, Matty, Mullers, Pazza, Henry, Rory, Ben and Will, you guys are Morecambe FC, so go out there tonight and give it your all for the fans, the club, the gaffer, the shirt.... and we will be there right behind you, giving our full support all the way, to make it a night to remember for each and every one of us. It's been an amazing ride so far, and it's going to get even better....
John L

Postby Castaway » Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 am

Wow. Jim Bentley - you are my legend! It takes some serious steel to come on here and apologise. It is so refreshing in this day and age in football to hear somewhere with such passion, honesty and intergrity lead this club forward on the pitch (John Terry you are not fit to be in the same sentence and Jimbo). I can't stress enough how much I want you to stay at the club after you finish being our rock in defence - we need to find a role which makes sense for you and your club.

I wasn't exactly excited to spend money travelling on the train from London and taking time off work when i'm snowed under, after Sunday's shower but Jim i'll be there tonight with a bit more fire in my belly after your rallying speach.

Morecambe till I die.
Castaway

Postby Joe Oh » Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Although Sunday was really hard to take, I'll always be more than happy with a season so long as the team has made progress. Moving from 11th to 4th is an incredible step- in Premier League terms that would be the same as Wigan (11th last season) getting in the Champions League. It makes the prospect of our 4th season in the Football League even more exciting.

On top of that, I was lucky enough to witness that ridiculous come back against Crewe which was an amazing experience.

I feel lucky to support Morecambe at such an exciting period in our history and to have such a down to earth captain who is capable of speaking to the fans in such an honest way.
Joe Oh

Postby darrenlock » Thu May 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Good luck Jim liked reading your message i'll be at Christie Park tonight i am going 3-1
darrenlock

Postby johno » Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 pm

well said jim i know how distraught you were after the game nothing to lose tonight but everything to gain history in the making.
johno

Postby Moose » Thu May 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Mark S wrote:Made this a sticky so everyone will see it and hopefully add his or her best wishes to the bottom.

Who's going to be the first to dare and and add his/her best wishes to Jim's bottom then? :shock:

Thanks for that Jim, but I think I'll just leave a message on here. ;)
Moose

Postby BHmfc » Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Thank you Jim, i respect you even more now , if that's possible. Tonights game is not just about the result, although 7-0 would be nice, its about the last 89 years for this old ground and the last 46 years for me. MEMORIES, GOOD AND BAD, THATS WHAT SUPPORTING A TEAM IS ALL ABOUT.
BHmfc

Postby katylise » Thu May 20, 2010 2:26 pm

I hope the team all know that as fans, we will support you, through good as well as bad times. There certainly have been plenty for us to be proud of this season. Cannot wait for the new season. Good luck tonight XX
katylise

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 20, 2010 3:19 pm

cheers Jim we are behind you all the way tonight!!!!!
COME ON MORECAMBE :!: :D
heysham_mfc

Postby outsider » Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 pm

I BELIEVE
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Dan.Campbell » Thu May 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Jim Bentley - Great player, inspirational leader and true gentleman.
Dan.Campbell

Postby maxamoo 1 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I BELIEVE TOO
maxamoo 1

Postby Bare bum » Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Jim

don't marry her, marry me!

Top banana, man
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Dids » Thu May 20, 2010 3:53 pm

I BELIEVE
Dids

Postby Christie Top Cat » Thu May 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Well said Jimbo! A true pro :) :) :D :D
Christie Top Cat

Postby Curly » Thu May 20, 2010 4:56 pm

captain sparkle wrote:WOW! Was i the only person reading it with a tear in their eye?
The dambusters music playing?

we can pull this thing out of the bag!!
'it's a game of 2 halves', we're only half way through.
No one expected THAT scoreline last saturday,what do people expect tonight?
let's all give it 'some rice' tonight,
us , the lads, the back room staff, the bar staff, the car park attendants, the turnstile folk, the car wash staff, mrs. brady- the old lady, everyone
BELIEVE!

JUST GIVING/CAPTAIN SPARKLE

You weren't on your own Sparky!
Makes you feel proud to have a captain like Jimbo at your club.
I could see how the players felt as they trudged off the pitch, each one heads down,
well, Heads Up Lads, The Fans are here for the distance,
not just one game.

Come On You Reds.......The Morecambe
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby m.f.c.k-c » Thu May 20, 2010 5:21 pm

I have never done a post on here before but read the forum every day, of all the great post you lot put on here.

Great post from Jimbo, they are all a great bunch of lads and nothing is ever to much for them when it come to signing shirts, photo's and other merchandice that the kids bring down especially my son.

But his quote to me after Sundays game was, " never mind mum there's always next season, and Im glad Im a Morecambe FC supporter and it does'nt matter how many they lose Ill never change to the likes of Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea, Im Morecambe through and through.

Come on the lads.
m.f.c.k-c

Postby Oxshrimp » Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Jim, Many Thanks for the letter. We wanted a display and we got one. Well done tonight lads! Couldn't have asked for more. They were a tough nut to crack over the 2 legs, but we went out on a high.

Christie is dead...Long live the Globe!

UP THE SHRIMPS 8-)
Oxshrimp

Postby Keith » Thu May 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Not read the replies yet, but the original post... top bloke!

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Caged Lion » Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks so much for posting on here Jim, it is fantastic that you care enough to join in. No need to apologise for the result last Sunday...it has been a great season and is just the beginning for the club. We were trashed on Sunday but it was still great to be a Morecambe fan.

The 'singers' really got Christie Park rocking tonight even the Main Standbys were up on their feet...it must have been great for you all to feel the lurrrvvv
Caged Lion

Postby gbpacker » Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 am

The message from Jim Bentley was straight from the heart. He was most likely hurting more than anyone else but the measure of the man is that he thought about it, decided to talk to everyone through this channel and we are extremely fortunate to have a captain who cares so much about the club, Outstanding individuals like Jim are pretty rare in this materialistic world who as well as being a professional football player is basically a football fan. What an example to the football world - thanks Jim and well done.
gbpacker

Postby Aspers » Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 am

The title should've said.
Message from a bunch of ballet dancers pretending to know about football.

Oh hang on a minute.

Excellent post Jim and Thank you.
8-)
Aspers

Postby Vinny » Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 am

Thanks JIMBO! YOU'RE A TRUE MORECAMBE LEADER, HERO AND LEGEND!!

I hadn't seen Jim's message until just going out for the last Crustie match ever, when I was told I MUST read Jim's message before going to the game. What a revelation and inspiration! What honest humiliation, gratitude and determination!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE for this club and my home town Jimbo! I sincerely hope you now have another GREAT DAY on the 30th MAY - BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH!!

And Jimbo, now I realise you do read this message board, I'd also like to say a BIG THANK YOU as it's YOUR INSPIRATION that has got me going out jogging for the past couple of years, despite my aging years, a few miles most days of the week - and I feel so much better for it! I cried as I jogged around the pitch last night with that etherial swirling fog. One of lifes' unforgettable experiences!

MORECAMBE FC - everyone associated with the club - the players, Sammy & Lills, our Chairman, the Board and back room staff, AND ALL the FANTASTIC SUPPORTERS THERE LAST NIGHT for the final curtain on Christie - YOU ARE THE BEST IN THE LAND - CONGRATULATIONS for OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL SEASON EVER!!! So PROUD TO BE ONE OF THE SHRIMPS!!!

BRING ON THE GLOBE ARENA ERA!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion