Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Re: Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Postby Peperami no. 1 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
Why change the manager and get someone else in who does not know the players

Because they may pick players on ability and form and not just name alone!

Think I have already said there needs to be a change in the stating XI and tactics :o. Who are you singling out that should not have started today on ability / form? Sure it was a poor team performance from what I witnessed.

Lets face it most fans think we could do a better job or choose somebody who could. Just like trying to attract new players we will struggle to replace Sammy with anyone better. Nobody is perfect and if Sammy did not have his faults sure he would have progressed up the league by now.
Peperami no. 1

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Just like trying to attract new players we will struggle to replace Sammy with anyone better

Why would we?
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:57 pm

would not normaly say this but after today we do need a change in management sure he may not have had a fully fit squad to pick from but you can't keep making excuses for not winning it's just not good enough. we need a change someone with new ideas but John Coleman is notthe man to take us forward
heysham_mfc

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Why not John Coleman? He's doing a fantastic job at Accy with poorer crowds and constant financial problems. Imagine what he could do a club like ours.
Duffman

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Callum wrote:Why not John Coleman? He's doing a fantastic job at Accy with poorer crowds and constant financial problems. Imagine what he could do a club like ours.

yes he is doing a fantastic job at accy no disrespect just feel we could do better
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:03 pm

That was one bitter pill to swallow today, especially when they equalised and yet again the changes needed to stabilise weren't made and we paid for it, Smith kept it respectable but even his enthusiasm was lost on sammy who regretfully decided to try and hold out for a draw with his now trade mark poor ill timed substitutions,

Sammy down and out in the dugout feeling sorry for himself, stamping feet and kicking posts was sad to see but only he can make it happen and turn this thing around, some big decisions must be made before next saturdays game as it could be his last should there be a repeat of today.
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Callum wrote:Why not John Coleman? He's doing a fantastic job at Accy with poorer crowds and constant financial problems. Imagine what he could do a club like ours.

yes he is doing a fantastic job at accy no disrespect just feel we could do better

Don't flatter yourself :lol: I think you've got that one the wrong way around
HALMA 1983

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:07 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

:? :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:11 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:yes he is doing a fantastic job at accy no disrespect just feel we could do better

:? :?:

Accy are 14th, we're 21st, that's a step down. It would be us that would need to convince him but we're getting ahead of ourselves.
Duffman

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:17 pm

it's hardy a step down is it!? we are a bigger club in every department apart from the table. If you had to pick between the two teams (if you were not a Morecambe fan) who would you pick....EXACTLY
heysham_mfc

Postby marky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Careful, you're sounding awfully like a Bradford fan... What I find REALLY hilarious is that the same people who were berating me for suggesting it might be time for a change are, one week later, suddenly saying the same thing! Sammy McIlroy is tactically inept, makes crazier substitutions than Jim Harvey and plays certain people even after they've been shaken up in a car crash (and I hope all 3 are ok). He's built up the best squad we've had on paper, yet we've won 1 match this season and are in 21st. Time after time it's been proven that the players he picks regardless struggle later on in matches and it has cost us many points. He picks the team, he chooses tactics, he gives the team talks and he's in charge of training. He's soley responsible and has one more game.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:45 pm

It's naive to blame it all on the manager - the players must shoulder a massive portion of the blame for that abysmal display.

Short of Wilson and Smith, no one can hold their head up after that performance. We played like a team of strangers - passes going astray, hoof balls, massive spaces in midfield and defence. We've seen what these players can play like against Notts County - shame on them for not producing performances like that more often.
campdave

Postby bill ding » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:56 pm

campdave wrote:It's naive to blame it all on the manager - the players must shoulder a massive portion of the blame for that abysmal display.

Short of Wilson and Smith, no one can hold their head up after that performance. We played like a team of strangers - passes going astray, hoof balls, massive spaces in midfield and defence. We've seen what these players can play like against Notts County - shame on them for not producing performances like that more often.

Thought garry hunter had a good game today. Ok it wasnt a faultless performance but if he made a mistake he was straight back in there making ammends . Not affraid to tackle players who are a lot bigger than him , my MOTM today. Lawrence wilson played very well too until he had to go for a poo :o
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Because they may pick players on ability and form and not just name alone![/quote]

Really?? I thought we had our best team out??
Are you saying that we shouldn't put the inform players on (whoever they are as we havn't been winning)
Again, who's going to come in and wave their magic wand to make us win?[/quote]

Anyone can see that some players get a start no matter how they are playing, while others who deserve a chance don't get a look in. As for who could come in, well I am more than sure that a decent short list of applicants could be drawn up. Until you know who is interested there would be no point in guessing. There are many an ex-player or out of work manager who would come to the club with both hunger and passion.[/quote]

An ex-player?? hahah right thats brightened my day some people just don't have a clue
Managers out of work....are out fo work for a reason why would they turn into a good manager here?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:24 pm

ezz wrote:Because they may pick players on ability and form and not just name alone!

Really?? I thought we had our best team out??
Are you saying that we shouldn't put the inform players on (whoever they are as we havn't been winning)
Again, who's going to come in and wave their magic wand to make us win?[/quote]

Anyone can see that some players get a start no matter how they are playing, while others who deserve a chance don't get a look in. As for who could come in, well I am more than sure that a decent short list of applicants could be drawn up. Until you know who is interested there would be no point in guessing. There are many an ex-player or out of work manager who would come to the club with both hunger and passion.[/quote]

An ex-player?? hahah right thats brightened my day some people just don't have a clue
Managers out of work....are out fo work for a reason why would they turn into a good manager here?[/quote]
being out of work does not make them a bad manager I can think of quite a few good managers that are out of work
heysham_mfc

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Managers out of work....are out fo work for a reason why would they turn into a good manager here?

Aren't all managers ex-players? I didn't just mean ex-Morecambe players. God some people are just dim!
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Dim?? If you want an recently ex player with little experience of managing to take the helm of out club then I'll have what your smoking.
Why don't you draw us up a short list of managers, realistic managers that will do this instantly magical better job than Sammy?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:40 pm

There's some decent debate on this thread; it would be nice if it could continue without some members resorting to name calling.
campdave

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:42 pm

ezz wrote:Dim?? If you want an recently ex player with little experience of managing to take the helm of out club then I'll have what your smoking.
Why don't you draw us up a short list of managers, realistic managers that will do this instantly magical better job than Sammy?

There would be no 'instantly magical' turnaround with a new manager. I am sure however that there are people who could take over and do better than 1 win in 14!
Last edited by Old Man Kensey on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:42 pm

campdave wrote:There's some decent debate on this thread; it would be nice if it could continue without some members resorting to name calling.

I just see it as the ones who resort to name calling have little debate left in them worth saying. 8-)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby CASS » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Oh lord ! Were in a bit of a mess and I do not know what the answer is ! But there are a few regular posters missing on this thread and their silence perhaps speaks volumes with regard to what road to take......Something has got to happen :cry:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
ezz wrote:Dim?? If you want an recently ex player with little experience of managing to take the helm of out club then I'll have what your smoking.

There would be no 'instantly magical' turnaround with a new manager. I am sure however that there are people who could take over and do better than 1 win in 14!

Ok, but as I said name one.
Then justify how the new manager would accomplish this with the exact same squad.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby cyranodm » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Ask yourself what has changed since last April?

The only experienced "academic" brain is missing from the bench.

Simple as that!!!!!!!
cyranodm

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:51 pm

ezz wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

Ok, but as I said name one.
Then justify how the new manager would accomplish this with the exact same squad.

I've already said in this thread that there is no point in guessing possible managers at this point. I have also pointed out that some players are picked above others week in week out no matter how they are playing. Are you saying that there are no possible managers that could take over and improve things? If that's the case we are up the creek without even a canoe.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Which players? Who should play instead of them?

It's all well saying they shouldn't have played after the game as well.
In my eyes the responsibility is always joint with the manager and the players, right now the manager is picking the best from what he's got in which I think is a good side the players are performing extremely poorly.
But then there is the argument that it was the manager who bought the players, again I like everyone else was certainly happy with the signings pre-season. They just ain't cutting it with their performances and need a kick up the ar*e
Get over it ;)
ezz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion