Morecambe v Northampton

Re: Morecambe v Northampton

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 am

we seem to be going a bit O/T from the thread title here
heysham_mfc

Postby The Marksman » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 am

Getting back on topic, I'd like to throw a thought out there.

Crazy as it may seem given the lad's quality on the ball, I'd like to see Craney dropped for a short while. I'm not sure that a midfield three of him, Drummond and Hunter has quite enough bite in it. We can get away with him when we had Manny or Frazer there to do more of the dirty work, but for now I'd like to see Hunter, Drummond and Stanners playing until either Manny or Frazer is back. Craney on for the last half hour or so.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the match?
The Marksman

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:54 am

The Marksman wrote:, but for now I'd like to see Hunter, Drummond and Stanners playing until either Manny or Frazer is back. Craney on for the last half hour or so.

Personally I disagree - removing Craney removes all creativity from the midfield.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 am

I've thought on a few occasions that I'd take Craney off, then he's come on strong again - he did just that on Saturday.

Most of our good moves came through him or from Lawrence Wilson getting beyond his men on the left. Craney got possession, looked like he was just going to keep hold of the ball before moving it on to a team-mate, but then he'd turn and take it past two players before setting up a chance.

If he wasn't in there I'd worry about creating enough chances. Stanners and Gary are workers and I like them but couldn't honestly argue for either of them to take Craney's place.

Drummy was excellent as well at Torquay but it was mainly in a defensive role, then spraying a long pass out wide.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion