Pompey 3 M'cmbe 3 Barkhuizen, Goodall, Fleming PLAYER THREAD

Re: Pompey 3 M'cmbe 3 Barkhuizen, Goodall, Fleming PLAYER TH

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Quinny said Morecambe were diabolical 2nd half

Two points dropped... Don't care what anyone says

What was your view on the game Blackpool Shrimp? Would of taken a point before hand. Wouldn't you?
lancaster shrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:00 pm

J.S. wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:
jon MFC fan wrote:and that proves that playing 4-2-3-1 with one forward we can score goals

Yes when the baldy guy doesn't play

Don't you think it's time you gave it a rest re. Ellison? The man has given everything to this team since the day he signed.
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

like it or not... this is a Morecambe fc forum
everyone is entitled to their opinion
halftimeresults

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 pm

halftimeresults wrote:quinny did say that we defended shocking!
it's quite puzzling when JImbo was king at organising the backline!

Exactly and it's about time it was sorted out otherwise all the pre season promise will go to waste. We've all got to face the fact that we arecsimply not good enough and for me it's time for changes in the centre with young Doyle recalled and given his chance to show what he can do...
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:11 pm

halftimeresults wrote:like it or not... this is a Morecambe fc forum
everyone is entitled to their opinion

Except when they talk unsubstantiated shit every week. Fantastic performance from our lads who were always up against a strong Portsmouth team and crowd, who should be more embarrassed for their 1st half performance. We were superb but just couldn't hold on for another 2 minutes for a historic win with us loyal fans outnumbered by more than 15,000! If you can't or won't support the lads then please show some respect for them and those who do go and support them or shut the **** up!!!
John L

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:17 pm

John L... I don't care what you say I've watched Morecambe for over 30 years fair enough not recently

But when quinny says we played diabolical 2nd half that's good enough for me

I'm not a blinkered fan who thinks all is rosy... Losing a 3-0 lead is simply not good enough
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby John L » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:John L... I don't care what you say I've watched Morecambe for over 30 years fair enough not recently

But when quinny says we played diabolical 2nd half that's good enough for me

I'm not a blinkered fan who thinks all is rosy... Losing a 3-0 lead is simply not good enougg

Suit yourself then pal... :roll:
John L

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Quinny said Morecambe were diabolical 2nd half

Two points dropped... Don't care what anyone says

Keith wrote:Apparently a fantastic performance with 100% given all around the pitch. So close.

You might not care what I say, but I care more about what the Morecambe Player commentary team said, over ninety minutes. We hit the woodwork and should have had a penalty.

16,000+ Portsmouth fans supporting a big money club and they still couldn't beat little old Morecambe. It was 10 v 10 at the end, in fact 10 v 9 for a while as an injured player was off the pitch. Sounds like they threw everything at us at the end and we were exhausted.

But obviously, you know we were crap and dropped points based upon Quinny's occasional comments on Radio Lancashire?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:24 pm

TAXI for Blackpool Shrimp :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Quinny is honest as always... If he says we were diabolical 2nd half we were
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:27 pm

Didn't go today (believe we took 69), but so frustrating to give away a 3-0 lead and drop 2 points. Yes, I think most people would've taken a draw at the start of the game, but given the situation we found ourselves in you've got to make sure you come away with all three points; we are a professional football club and I really don't like the attitude of 'oh well, we didn't expect to win anyway so it's a bonus'. We need to toughen up.

Good to see Fleming amongst the goalscorers.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby John L » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:36 pm

John L

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Didn't go today (believe we took 69), but so frustrating to give away a 3-0 lead and drop 2 points. Yes, I think most people would've taken a draw at the start of the game, but given the situation we found ourselves in you've got to make sure you come away with all three points; we are a professional football club and I really don't like the attitude of 'oh well, we didn't expect to win anyway so it's a bonus'. We need to toughen up.

At last a sensible post. If that figure of 69 is correct then that is the smallest away support from any team in the Football League this season.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm

A game of 2 halves... The banter with Pompey has been brilliant and they are commending us on how we battered them in the 1st half.
Shame we couldn't hang on, Paz and Beeley played their hearts out, but if they have no forward line to release the ball to and the alamo coming at you , what do you expect

More Pompey fans in this pub than we get at the Globe :lol:

Fabulous entertainment
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby quinny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Not sure if I said we were diabolical I DID say we were second best for long periods of the second half and gave the ball away too cheaply at times when we had chances to keep it. I remember saying we were sensational in the first half.
Last edited by quinny on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quinny

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:14 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Didn't go today (believe we took 69), but so frustrating to give away a 3-0 lead and drop 2 points. Yes, I think most people would've taken a draw at the start of the game, but given the situation we found ourselves in you've got to make sure you come away with all three points; we are a professional football club and I really don't like the attitude of 'oh well, we didn't expect to win anyway so it's a bonus'. We need to toughen up.

There's a subtle difference between being happy to take a point and giving away a 3 goal lead. We'd all have taken the point before the game but we certainly should not be happy at losing a 3 goal lead. That said we should be proud of the boys putting up that sort of 1st half performance again the league favourites & their huge resources (Roberts apparently on 1/3 of our total budget!).
Ego Tripping

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:14 pm

imagesCAJYRQTM.jpg
imagesCAJYRQTM.jpg (1.97 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

BS I would take note
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Exactly and it's about time it was sorted out otherwise all the pre season promise will go to waste. We've all got to face the fact that we arecsimply not good enough and for me it's time for changes in the centre with young Doyle recalled and given his chance to show what he can do...

Are you dropping Parrish or Dugdale then?
morecambegeek

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 pm

marky No.1 wrote:A game of 2 halves... The banter with Pompey has been brilliant and they are commending us on how we battered them in the 1st half.
Shame we couldn't hang on, Paz and Beeley played their hearts out, but if they have no forward line to release the ball to and the alamo coming at you , what do you expect

More Pompey fans in this pub than we get at the Globe :lol:

Fabulous entertainment

Some obviously take notice of what Quinny says (though his actual words may have been 'misinterpreted' by some) and some take notice of what the player commentators say.....which is all we can do if we are not at the match. For my own part I usually take note of what Marky 1 says as I find that his view is similar to mine at the few matches I am able to attend. If he says we battered them in the first half ( remember they are the bookies favourite to take the title and have massive support compared with us) surely we can understand players who give their all tiring towards the end when we are without our captain through injury, two of our stalwarts through 'foolishness?', and Goodall injured and substituted, so taking one of the substitute places up, leaving the likes of Devit struggling to last with an injury. Give the lads some praise for their efforts, it's not as if they gave up trying! :roll:
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Looking on the positive side , you have to ignor the way the match went and just look at the result , a draw with a team like Pompey and their wage bill. Roberts is reputed to be on £5k per week and the rest won't be on peanuts either.

Another positive , 4 matches played and 4 points. The same 4 fixtures last season also yielded 4 points although from different sources.

Another positive , we have beaten the dreaded Accrington Stanley !

We have had some dreadful luck so far with injuries and some self inflicted damage although you have to hand it to Wycombe , they are the masters of provoking a reaction from the opposition.

If we can beat Notts County next Saturday 7 points from our first 5 matches will be a decent return.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby quinny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

I do feel as though things have really been taken out of context here.
I was as disappointed as anyone to see them score late on but we were brilliant in the first half and could have been further ahead. Our football in the first half was as good as I have ever seen.
I did say the defending for their second goal was poor and I did say that we didn't keep the ball as well as we could have done when they had 10 men but overall this was a really good result.
As I tweeted after the game the lads were dead on their feet because they had given their all which they had.
I am a bit disappointed that people have chosen to pick up on the negatives I mentioned in the game because this was a fantastic result overall and I did produce a lot of superlatives in the first half that people have chosen to ignore.
quinny

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:14 pm

quinny wrote:I do feel as though things have really been taken out of context here.
I was as disappointed as anyone to see them score late on but we were brilliant in the first half and could have been further ahead. Our football in the first half was as good as I have ever seen.
I did say the defending for their second goal was poor and I did say that we didn't keep the ball as well as we could have done when they had 10 men but overall this was a really good result.
As I tweeted after the game the lads were dead on their feet because they had given their all which they had.
I am a bit disappointed that people have chosen to pick up on the negatives I mentioned in the game because this was a fantastic result overall and I did produce a lot of superlatives in the first half that people have chosen to ignore.

Unfortunately Derek, some people on here only ever go for a negative post. If selectively [mis]quoting you, out of context, backs up their jaundiced view, they will. It sounded like a fantastic match.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Are you dropping Parrish or Dugdale then?

What needs to be done...needs to be done for the greater good. If that means dropping players who have served us well to date but are now responsible for poor or non existing marking when crosses come into our box, then so be it. Neither Paz or Ryan can escape criticism asxboth have allowed players to get into goal scoring positions too often that have resulted in a goal. This season it's happened v Hartlepool, Sheffield United and Wycombe. Watch the replays if you doubt what I'm saying. If only we had somebody like Arts in there....plus of course JImbo...... :(

However to finish on a positive note...really am pleased for Barks who scored a wonderful individual goal. More often same please...
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 pm

We were 1st on the highlights show, thank goodness claridge wasn't there!

Our 1st goal was a brilliant move and it was great to see the header from a corner

From a different view their 2nd goal looked even worse as their striker want unchallenged. I praised Paz and Beeley before but Wilson for me wasn't quite up to speed today leaving the winger and fullback with far too much space
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Keith wrote:
quinny wrote:I do feel as though things have really been taken out of context here.

Unfortunately Derek, some people on here only ever go for a negative post. If selectively [mis]quoting you, out of context, backs up their jaundiced view, they will. It sounded like a fantastic match.

Blackpool Shrimp,

As someone who has never, as far as I'm aware, criticised you for not being able to get to many matches, and hopefully never will, I just wondered if you were prepared to respond to this apparent suggestion (me putting 2 + 2 together, of course) that you have misrepresented Derek's comments?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby quinny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:38 pm

I have been racking my brains and I think I did say "shocking" defending for their second goal so that is perhaps something people have picked up on,
Overall though it would be great to look at the positives from the game because there really were a lot of them.
I think when everyone is fit with football like I saw today we will cause a few upsets and score plenty of goals along the way.
It would be great to hear some pluses to end the strand on a good note.
Quinny
quinny

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion