Scott Davies

Re: Scott Davies

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 am

Article in this weeks Visitor explains in some detail this seasons reduction in playing budget.

What I find hard to grasp is that it would appear that Jim has had a reduction mid way through pre season after possibly agreeing a budget at the end of last season.

This suggests to me that attempts to secure more funding from whatever means have either failed or negotiations are still going on which is what is implied in the Vis article.

Maybe we are asking too much for sponsorship of The Globe. The often mentioned rumour of sponsorship from the Power Station has either fallen through, was no more than a rumour or is still in going.

As for the Chinese link..... :?: :?: :?: Once again a lot of speculation but didn't Peter McG forecast that we would see evidence of their involvement sooner rather than later at the last fans forum... :?: :?: :?:

However the course of action taken by the Board is the most sensible one given the circumstances as claimed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Scott Davies

Postby KenH » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 am

Christies Child wrote:What I find hard to grasp is that it would appear that Jim has had a reduction mid way through pre season after possibly agreeing a budget at the end of last season.

The thing with budgets is that they have to change as circumstances change.

Budget may have been spent on loans, such as Davies, and don't forget Lumley for a match and also that lad who we had for a month to cover for Lawrence last Autumn. Jim was also frustrated at not being able to loan out our surplus players. Also the additional costs of transport/accommodation for the Dover cup game.

Not to mention our poor cup runs - I'm sure some level of income would have been forecast for a couple of home games at least, but they just didn't happen with away cup matches and not actually progressing to higher stages. A massive deficit considering the Wolves and Newcastle televised games the year before.

Nor the loss from the expected sale of Little Jack last Summer, the proceeds of which may well have been built into his budget.

If the money's not there, it isn't - even if the original budget assumed it would be. The magic money growing tree is extinct.
KenH

Re: Goalkeeper- Scott Davies

Postby MfcChris » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 am

parceldave wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:That's a turn up. Scott Davies has signed a twelve month contract with Tranmere!

Well what do expect when we don't have a negotiator , Mr Mace no more and Mr Hodgeson no more , so who is doing the wheeling and dealing . :o

No ambition to get to a league which would mean 2,000 miles less travelling a season . :( .

How can you expect to better yourself without spending any money .

What a disgraceful post. Based on assumptions we didn't offer Davies a deal or didn't offer him enough?

I would be surprised if we even went for him when we don't need him. We need him next year and if Tranmere don't get promoted I guess he will replace Baz.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:37 pm

KenH wrote:
parceldave wrote:How can you expect to better yourself without spending any money .

How can you spend what you don't have. Your comment would be valid if the club was sat on money in the bank or it hadn't already mortgaged/loaned it's property/assets, but as Labour said upon losing office, "there's no money left".

Considering the club has made a loss of over £2m in the last 3/4 years, someone is "spending money"! The directors are constantly putting in huge sums of money to cover the losses. That money lost has to come from somewhere. Considering the signings made this Summer already, there must be more money going into Jim's player budget. Yes, it would be nice if someone donated their lottery winnings or some rich Russian put a few million in, but back in the real world, if the money isn't there, it isn't - spending can only come from one place - loans mostly from the directors.

Do you really think that the Board aren't constantly trying to raise money? Do you really think it's as simple as saying "hey, why don't we borrow a couple of million from the bank and sign some more good players?".

Hey why don't we start by getting someone to sponsor the stadium as it doesn't have a name now according to some people on facebook who think its quite embarrassing , and I don't think you have to go to the extreme of borrowing 2million , I think 1 would be quite enough. ;)
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:42 pm

MfcChris wrote:
parceldave wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:That's a turn up. Scott Davies has signed a twelve month contract with Tranmere!

Well what do expect when we don't have a negotiator , Mr Mace no more and Mr Hodgeson no more , so who is doing the wheeling and dealing . :o

No ambition to get to a league which would mean 2,000 miles less travelling a season . :( .

How can you expect to better yourself without spending any money .

What a disgraceful post. Based on assumptions we didn't offer Davies a deal or didn't offer him enough?

I would be surprised if we even went for him when we don't need him. We need him next year and if Tranmere don't get promoted I guess he will replace Baz.

So you are assuming that Tranmere wont get promoted and that no one else will want him and we can go and get him when we feel like it . Not assuming much there are we.
parceldave

Previous

Return to General Discussion