FA Cup replay date set

Re: FA Cup replay date set

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Phoenix wrote:All these people that want a reduction on Tuesday because they missed 30 minutes today, how much would you pay extra when a game goes into extra time?

I'm assuming as an official/representative of the club Brian you won't need to be paying £26 for this one tie?
Dazzer

Postby CASS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 pm

[quote="RedRedWine"]I love it how people from south lakes feel the need to capitalise letters to define a point. LOOK AT ME, I HAVE CAPS LOCK! :roll: [/quote
I f you would care to look at posts I have made on this forum and the old forum cap lock,s
do not feature to much. It is not,I can tell you a South Lakes thing. I was just attempting to make a point and just to emphasise how I feel I decided CAP LOCKS would perhaps make people look up and take notice,which you have. I also for the FIRST TIME posted "f£$K&!G for the same reason.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:29 pm

Phoenix wrote:All these people that want a reduction on Tuesday because they missed 30 minutes today, how much would you pay extra when a game goes into extra time?

We pay £13 for a result. That's a win, draw or a defeat. If we watch a replay then the rules stipulate that the game will have 30 minutes of extra time if it's still a draw after 90 minutes and then obviously penalties. But the game has a result.

The game today did not have a result.

As i've said on another thread i think the FA should compensate a club if the game selected by an FA official is abandoned beyond the home clubs control.

Still can't help feeling that 'our' club could do so much more. If not anymore than it's good PR.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Dazzer wrote:

I'm assuming as an official/representative of the club Brian you won't need to be paying £26 for this one tie?

Nor will I be taking any pay for the time spent maintaining the photos let alone put in an expense claim for the £700 camera body bought in September.
Phoenix

Postby marky » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:29 pm

If there's one thing Morecambe FC are terrible at as a club, it's PR. I notice the announcement on the official site have been amended - it puts the club in an even worse light. Today's attendance was shocking for an FA Cup 2nd Round tie - Tuesday's will be much, much worse.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:42 pm

No worse than most people had alredy worked out but at least it makes it very clear.
Phoenix

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:04 pm

marky wrote:If there's one thing Morecambe FC are terrible at as a club, it's PR. I notice the announcement on the official site have been amended - it puts the club in an even worse light. Today's attendance was shocking for an FA Cup 2nd Round tie - Tuesday's will be much, much worse.

PR, marketing and commercial

Have to say though the new club shop is a lot better they actually have the things you want in stock now :o it's used used to be pot luck if they had in what you wanted.

On the Chesterfield thing the other week they were playing Shrewsbury on a Fri night, a game which you would think would attract a big crowd anyway but they were doing a 2 for 1 offer on tickets.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MTID » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Its a toughie aint it! We feel as if the club are ripping us off, so we have a right not to bother going on Tuesday BUT we are Morecambe fans and the team need our support so what dya do??
I think the club are making a big boo boo here though, if the draw tomorrow draws us against a big club, and we reduced the admision on tuesday to say £5 adults £1 kids, we could get a bumper crowd in on Tuesday.
MTID

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:14 pm

MTID wrote:Its a toughie aint it! We feel as if the club are ripping us off, so we have a right not to bother going on Tuesday BUT we are Morecambe fans and the team need our support so what dya do??
I think the club are making a big boo boo here though, if the draw tomorrow draws us against a big club, and we reduced the admision on tuesday to say £5 adults £1 kids, we could get a bumper crowd in on Tuesday.

No need to go that low, HALF would be a FAIR starting point with £8 being the maximum
Full price is a pisstake
HALMA 1983

Postby marky » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:26 pm

71% of a game was viewed today so no more than 71% should be charged on Tuesday, in my view. That would work out as £10.65 for Main Stand, £9.23 for Paddock/North Stand/Away End and £8.52 for carwash. For me they should be rounded down to £10, £9 and £8 respectively at a minimum (for adults).
marky

Postby Duffman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:43 pm

I for one won't be going to the replay on tuesday, I've explained in length in another post but like most people money is tight and the club have not even offered a tiny discount. Like someone said you pay for the result not how many minutes.

The games doesn't count for anything but yet the fans have to pay again.
Duffman

Postby Mark S » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:45 pm

You are all missing the point IMO.

BOTH clubs have to agree to a reduction.

Look at it from a neutral viewpoint

If you are the home club, you would surely be looking at reducing to compensate the majority of fans that were in attendance today and being hopeful of attracting a load more on top with the prospect of a juicy third round tie.

If you were the away club who brought 10% of the attendance and were likely to bring less than 100 on a Tuesday night and you had the power of veto on reduced admission safe in the knowledge that you could appease your fans by offering to pay for a couple of coaches and that would be paid for by the gate receipt share of the replay, and the added bonus that it is going to cause unrest and split the home support, what would you do?

I would bet my house that we had our hands tied in this.

Its the team that counts in this. Its the team that deserves our support. Lets get down to Christie on Tuesday and get behind our team. Every fan counts! They will bring less than 100 and we have the advantage of a real vocal home support if we choose to take it!

Dont fall into the trap that has been set for us, rise above it (FFS we have even got people who were not there today and unaffected up in arms about this) and get us through to the 3rd round.

They are there for the taking!
Mark S

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:52 pm

MikeB wrote:I feel sorry for Ockers who will now have to produce another match programme! I've been in that situation before and had to work all day Sunday and Monday and all night Sunday, just to make the print deadline of Monday evening.

no chance mike
same programme tuesday
why would i need to produce a full 68 page programme for a game 3 days later?
we're under no obligation to reproduce a programme for tuesdays game
you may have been paid on a per programme basis i'm not
Shrimpsscene

Postby Duffman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:55 pm

That's all well and good Mark but Cheltenham are offering their fans free coach travel with a ticket from today's game. Clearly the Cheltenham board wanted to make it easier for their fans so why didn't the clubs have a chat after game? If we all had reduced admission, but they charged their fans for traveling, they would pay the same and us home fans would also get a break.
Duffman

Postby Mark S » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:59 pm

Read the post again Callum and do the Maths.

FFS!

Lets say a reduced 1200 home fans at £13 versus 2,000 fans at half price?

Which one of those scenarios is more luctrative to them when they get a share of the gate?

Win Win for them. More money to pay for the two coaches it will take to bring up the 100 fans they will bring and less home support.

Come on guys! Wake up and smell the coffee!
Mark S

Postby Duffman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:12 am

Mark S wrote:Read the post again Callum and do the Maths.

FFS!

Which one of those scenarios is more luctrative to them when they get a share of the gate?

Win Win for them. More money to pay for the two coaches it will take to bring up the 100 fans they will bring and less home support.

But you're giving the impression our board are squeaky clean and do everything they can for the fans. It seems on this message board the club can't do anything wrong. Maybe Mark, just maybe, now and again the club might make decisions to try and get more money from fans.
Duffman

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:15 am

Mark S wrote:Its the team that counts in this. Its the team that deserves our support. Lets get down to Christie on Tuesday and get behind our team. Every fan counts! They will bring less than 100 and we have the advantage of a real vocal home support if we choose to take it!

Dont fall into the trap that has been set for us, rise above it (FFS we have even got people who were not there today and unaffected up in arms about this) and get us through to the 3rd round.

They are there for the taking!

Easy to say when you don't pay in the first place. My family can't afford the extra £40.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:21 am

Missing the point?

To me the point is that people have paid for something and not received it.........Then have been asked to pay full price again. Unless you are stupid, it would not happen in any other walk of life. I'd only even consider paying a percentage again becauseof sheer blind love for the club. But people also have principals, I'm not an idiot and do not wish to b treated as such.

It's a really difficult situation for the club, but a situation that could and should have been handled much, much better IMO. The sad thing is that this is not the first time. I love the board to bits, and they are all very successful individuals, which is why it's such a shame that this has been handled so carelessly. It would have been nice if they'd showed more professionalism. We still have no statement from the chief executive. The national media have been having a go and all we get is an alteration to a two paragraph posting on the official site.

Only at MFC.

I understand your point Mark (and the math), but looking long-term this isn't at all the best way of trying to build up a support base (heck, even the ones who pay at the moment don't like it). Looking long-term, this stance could actually turn-off the very people we are trying to get down to Christie.

Phoenix wrote:
Dazzer wrote:

Nor will I be taking any pay for the time spent maintaining the photos let alone put in an expense claim for the £700 camera body bought in September.

And nor should you. If I collected stamps I wouldn't claim my expenses back on the club. There is no need to get high and mighty (awaiting sarcastic reply....), everybody appreciates what you do for the club but Dazzer was just pointing out that you are a different stakeholder in this arguemnet and the replay does not really affect you in the same way it does others.
RedRedWine1

Postby Duffman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:26 am

Me and two friends built an unofficial website with match reports and all sorts. We paid for hosting and domain names and spent several hours a week working on the website but I would never ever use it in an argument because we chose to pay for it and provide a service.
Duffman

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:29 am

Marky

Cheap shot that shows you up.

I am due to be in Gloucester on Tuesday and Wednesday with a nice comfy hotel stay on Tuesday night next week and I was praying for a Wednesday night match.

I am now driving up on Tuesday after day one of my meeting at my own expense and then driving straight back down after the match. No one is putting a coach on for me. i reckon that will cost me at least £40.

The thing you remote fans forget (and you with your family ties at the club shouldnt) is that there are many people who are dedicated and work for nothing, sometimes at personal expense) to ensure that match day is a professional, safe experience.

Sorry mate, you just take pleasure in stirring things up.
Mark S

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:33 am

Which part of can't afford £40 do you not understand? By the way, some people would use the ties my family have with the club to get in for nowt but no member of my family has ever done that and they never will.
marky

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:36 am

Callum wrote:
Mark S wrote:Read the post again Callum and do the Maths.

FFS!

But you're giving the impression our board are squeaky clean and do everything they can for the fans. It seems on this message board the club can't do anything wrong. Maybe Mark, just maybe, now and again the club might make decisions to try and get more money from fans.

Again apply logic to that arguement.

If you were our board would you prefer 1200 pissed off fans paying full price or 1800 happy fans paying half price plus an extra 500 or 600 that might be attracted down after tomorrows draw?

That aside, I refuse to believe that we have suddenly become a 'screw the fans, we are a business club'. Anyone that doubts that just have a chat with Rod taylor.
Mark S

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:38 am

This seems to be going drastically off-topic.......maybe even heading for a bitch fight! :lol:

Just point out that I'm not trying to put anybody down, just putting opinions out there to debate.

Nobody is right or wrong, just trying to be constructive....don't eat me.
RedRedWine1

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:41 am

marky wrote:Which part of can't afford £40 do you not understand? By the way, some people would use the ties my family have with the club to get in for nowt but no member of my family has ever done that and they never will.

Your arguement was about money and the supposed lack of money that I would be investing in getting to the match. As I said it will cost me personally £40 to get to this match but I refuse to be fooled by propaganda.

If you are suggesting that volunteers should pay to get into a match then you are insulting every single one of them.
Mark S

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:43 am

RedRedWine wrote:This seems to be going drastically off-topic.......maybe even heading for a bitch fight! :lol:

Just point out that I'm not trying to put anybody down, just putting opinions out there to debate.

Nobody is right or wrong, just trying to be constructive....don't eat me.

RRW My original post was part of the debate and offering a different view to the mob. It wasnt me that made it personal.

I am not going to bitch fight as you so eloquentley put it :lol: I have said my bit and that is it, before I get seriously insulted.
Mark S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion