Congratulations North Stand

Re: Congratulations North Stand

Postby Freez » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:32 pm

We have enjoyed years of craic at the footy home and away, now we are in the league why does that have to change Red Knight?
We do not have to "fit in", to be like everybody else, we have established a healthy reputation for being a fun set of fans, attitudes towards us may still be aggressive and confrontational from certain clubs, but we should still aim to disarm them with wit and sarcasm, not reply in kind.
The suggestion that this is in some way old fashioned and parochial and is not "Football League" doesn't wash.

Regarding the songs, good atmosphere the other night barring one or two daft chants, keep making the noise.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Sammy h » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Freez wrote:We have enjoyed years of craic at the footy home and away, now we are in the league why does that have to change Red Knight?
We do not have to "fit in", to be like everybody else, we have established a healthy reputation for being a fun set of fans, attitudes towards us may still be aggressive and confrontational from certain clubs, but we should still aim to disarm them with wit and sarcasm, not reply in kind.
The suggestion that this is in some way old fashioned and parochial and is not "Football League" doesn't wash.

Regarding the songs, good atmosphere the other night barring one or two daft chants, kepp making the noise.

Keep*
:oops:

Sorry couldn't resist :lol:
Last edited by Sammy h on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:36 pm

That's enough. this has gone beyond any type of molehill that has ever been turned into a mountain on this ridiculous board. Three of you now (one of which I consider a friend), have singled me out personally for what I see as chanting with passion. Yes passion is supporting your team but the occasional piss-taking is part and parcel of football and does nobody any harm. You probably won't agree but that is all I know it to be. I know Rochdale fans too. For Christs sake I work with Accy fans. Posh, I never once sang “you’re the scum of Lancashire” to Rochdale. There are three problems with that, 1. Rochdale is not in Lancashire, its in greater Manchester. 2. I don’t myself believe it 3. The chant was “you the shit of Lancashire”. I will not be made into a scapegoat, I am all too often associated with starting chants like this by people like you because I start a number of the positive chants too, nobody says anything about those. I think you need to scan the North Stand a hell of a lot more to realise that, something I thought Morecambe Mick would have done. I joined in yes, but I did not start that once, just like some of the "abusive" ones on Tuesday. You can ask Carlisle Paul that if you care so much (and I suspect you probably do) as that is who I was stood with at the time. Marky is right, it is the younger element starting the negative stuff, but they are younger (or more irish ;)) than me.

I feel you are using the fact that I post on this board and the younger, more abusive lads, don’t. I am hoping this is an attempted wind up for this “we can blame him for it” attitude is making me feel brutally victimised. This “hatred” that you describe is bizarre, I have nothing but affection for this club, the fans, staff, everyone. Just ask the fans who know me best (I used to include Morecambe Mick in that). I don't care about The Fury's opinion because I don't know him, he doesn't know me, he is in no position to judge me. I don’t care about other teams, just like they don’t care whether or not I sing if I hate them. Hating other teams is not what I do or represent, I can only describe the "fire in my eyes" you see as raw desire and hope to get this club to the top.

I love this club far more than any of your puerile opinions and to receive this sort of persecution means this board has reached a level of unfairness I previously had not thought possible. I will continue to make noise, however, whenever and wherever I can because that is who I am and that is what I stand for. I simply will not fall out with people I hold in high regard over things as insignificant and unimportant as this and therefore resign from Shrimpsvoices.
Bare Ben

Postby mfc:) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Well done for whoever has made ben stop from comeing on here!
Ben is one of the people who get the atmosphere going in the North stand and when going away games
Just because of a couple of songs that are not aimed at morecambe fc and aimed at the other fans players from other team ect not in a good way is really silly!
Its a football game not a church!
mfc:)

Postby cultured » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:12 am

Everydays a schoolday - Rochdale was put into the borough of Greater Manchester in 2002.
cultured

Postby sgt major » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:41 am

It seems, to mee, that there are double standards on this board regarding this subject.

Lots of Morecambe fans claim to support Premier League sides who have more vociferous and intimidating support at their "second" clubs and have more than our handful on the North Stand hurling abuse at everyone. I hope soon to hear of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and other fans berrating their second team's fans!!!!!

Footie fans will copy, that is the nature of the game. Does anyone think there are any new ideas in the music industry????
sgt major

Postby World Cup Willie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 am

The whole point behind my original comment was that there would be more singing in the North Stand if everyone joined in, and people will not join in with songs that are purile and offensive, and songs that are just wrong....We don't hate Stanley, we don't necessarily think their keeper is sh*t. However, we all love Morecambe as a place and as a club, so lets celebrate that, rather than decrying other people and places.
World Cup Willie

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:57 am

Why argue on this forum, sing whatever you want to at matches the only people that can stop you are the stewards so if you dont get thrown out by them don't bother stopping what your doing. If people don't like it then its tough really you cant force them to stop singing abusive songs because you dont like it. Personally i don't care i'll join in chants but if i dont like a chant i wont sing it. I think some fans on here are too busy trying to be liked by "everyone", yes we are a friendly club everyone knows that.

Plus the north stand aint loud enough to beheard when singing these abusive songs anyway so only we lose :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby philbigmfcfan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:38 pm

i have to agree the north stand was on fire !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
philbigmfcfan

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 pm

sgt major wrote:It seems, to mee, that there are double standards on this board regarding this subject.

Lots of Morecambe fans claim to support Premier League sides who have more vociferous and intimidating support at their "second" clubs and have more than our handful on the North Stand hurling abuse at everyone. I hope soon to hear of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and other fans berrating their second team's fans!!!!!

Footie fans will copy, that is the nature of the game. Does anyone think there are any new ideas in the music industry????

To be fair Mick, I think there are very few Morecambe fans that "support" a Premier League team Some never really did (the nearest I've ever been to Man Utd's home ground is the Trafford Centre!) and many others have given up on those teams. I know there are people who used to go to watch Premiership clubs every week, who now don't go from one season to the next and just watch them on Sky. So the question is 'why?' Perhaps one of the reasons for not watching Premiership football is exactly the issue that we're trying to defend, that you can be passionate and supportive without being abusive. Perhaps we can lead the way as a club that builds upon the 'friendly' reputation so that we are welcoming of everyone and that people who don't like swearing & vitriol can come with their kids to enjoy the experience? If having fans that can learn to be loud, proud & witty not hateful, we may actually see a rise in our gates?

Think of it in a different way Mick. The York Hotel has built up a fine reputation as a place where home and away fans can mix, drink and enjoy the craic. If you had a small group of say five people, who every time an opposition fan walked in the door started "singing" SCUM,SCUM,SCUM making an "intimidating atmosphere" would you think it was okay? After all, there are 'home fans only' pubs up and down the country, they're only "copying" what goes on elsewhere? Or would you have a quiet word and ask them not to do it? I'm sure if it was hurting your business and your reputation, you'd put a stop to it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mfc:) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:23 pm

God any chance this topic can be stoped!? it seems now it is never going to stop it has got different views and people are just going to keep replying. i think its gone long enough and plus of the fact that people starting writing comments that got aimed at people like bare ben and now he has decided to not come on here anymore just proves how what some people write on here can make people feel hurt !.Stop living in the pass and just concentrate on the future!!.

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

mfc:) wrote:God any chance this topic can be stoped!? it seems now it is never going to stop it has got different views and people are just going to keep replying. i think its gone long enough and plus of the fact that people starting writing comments that got aimed at people like bare ben and now he has decided to not come on here anymore just proves how what some people write on here can make people feel hurt !.Stop living in the pass and just concentrate on the future!!.

No, going to let this run for now as it is what the board is all about, debate.

You can choose not to click on the topic if it is upsetting you.

Serious suggestion with no agenda or malice intended - Have you younger lads ever thought about setting up your own board? Worth a thought.
Mark S

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Are you being serious Mark? your comment asking if the younger ones have thought about setting up their board is rediculous.

It's as if your saying that this board is primarily for the older supporters and that the younger ones views would be better on another board away from this!

How about we simply stop bickering.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby harry-g » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Have you younger lads ever thought about setting up your own board? Worth a thought.

We Sort Of Have, On bebo.

http://www.bebo.com/morecambe-fc-07-08

&

http://www.bebo.com/MorecambeFC
harry-g

Postby The Red Knight » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Mark S wrote:
mfc:) wrote:You can choose not to click on the topic if it is upsetting you.

Upsetting topic on message board = ignore it.
Upsetting chant at football ground = bitch and moan about it and hound the person singing into quitting.
The Red Knight

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 pm

The Red Knight wrote:
Mark S wrote:
mfc:) wrote:You can choose not to click on the topic if it is upsetting you.

Upsetting topic on message board = ignore it.
Upsetting chant at football ground = bitch and moan about it and hound the person singing into quitting.

Its a discussion board. 'Stuff' is discussed. What do you expect? :roll:

If you dont like it, ignore it. Easy. You are doing a good job in ignoring the fact that the majority of fans do not like the abusive chanting. :lol:

Seriously, set up another forum for like minded people. That way you would be the majority, instead of the minority. ;)
Mark S

Postby The Red Knight » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Its a discussion board. 'Stuff' is discussed. What do you expect?

Its a football ground. Songs about the opposition are sung. What do you expect? :roll:
The Red Knight

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:02 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Are you being serious Mark? your comment asking if the younger ones have thought about setting up their board is rediculous.

It's as if your saying that this board is primarily for the older supporters and that the younger ones views would be better on another board away from this!

This board is for anyone to enjoy. Enjoy being the operative word. All I am suggesting after reading your complaints about the board is, if you dont like it you can choose to either ignore it or do something about it and set up your own board.

Its your choice. If you want the 'bickering' to stop, then ignore the topic and stop bickering.
Mark S

Postby mfc:) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:08 pm

All you get on here is people complaining it really does get silly at times. it would be great if we all agreed but we no that will not happen. New section on the group
Debateing talk -Morecambe fc because we never seem to debate over anything else
general topics as we have now- on different topics leaving out morecambe fc inless you are for sure it want come in to lots of debateing and argueing.
Just a idea and the chatroom might run more to a happy flow.

Postby badger » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:08 pm

I THINK WE SOULD STOP THIS LOAD OF CRAP. WE ARE GOING ON LIKE A LOAD OF GRUMPY OLD WOMEN.WE SOULD BE TALKING ABOUT ALDERSHOT TOMORROW.

NORTH STAND, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND SING YOUR HEARTS FORE THE LADS.
badger

Postby Posh » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Posh, I never once sang “your the scum of Lancashire” to Rochdale. There are three problems with that, 1. Rochdale is not in Lancashire, its in greater Manchester. 2. I don’t myself believe it 3. The chant was “your the shit of Lancashire”.

I'll let others interpret your logic but I saw you start the chant and try to keep it going the third time only to be left on your own.

Bare Ben wrote:to receive this sort of persecution means this board has reached a level of unfairness I previously had not thought possible.

All I can say to that is 'h orth' and I think you'll know what I mean about persecution.

Ben, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think you're a bright bloke and have a lot to offer the world. You make your case very well with a degree of wit and intelligence. However you know you do stupid stuff, you admitted it as much at Notts Forest, so why make out you're an angel?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby The Red Knight » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Mark S wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:Are you being serious Mark? your comment asking if the younger ones have thought about setting up their board is rediculous.

This board is for anyone to enjoy. Enjoy being the operative word. All I am suggesting after reading your complaints about the board is, if you dont like it you can choose to either ignore it or do something about it and set up your own board.

Its your choice. If you want the 'bickering' to stop, then ignore the topic and stop bickering.

I don't have any problem with the message board at all. I was simply trying to point out the double standards displayed in terms of telling people to simply ignore messages if they don't like them but the same advice isn't offered to people who say they don't like the chants.
The Red Knight

Postby marky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 pm

The two can't even be compared. It's a lot easier to ignore something that appears on your computer screen than it is abusive/unsavoury chanting at a football ground. What always makes me laugh in these threads is someone, generally a person trying to defend the actions being discussed, asks for the thread to be closed when they run out of arguments.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:46 pm

marky wrote:The two can't even be compared. It's a lot easier to ignore something that appears on your computer screen than it is abusive/unsavoury chanting at a football ground. What always makes me laugh in these threads is someone, generally a person trying to defend the actions being discussed, asks for the thread to be closed when they run out of arguments.

Exactly.
Mark S

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 pm

it's a football match for god sake what do you expect! yes some chants are pointless and are aimed at winding up the players and fans of the oppistion but what do you want? most people who sing are there to see their mates watch the match and have a good time not take s**t from their fellow suppoters
heysham_mfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion