Jimbo's new car

Re: Jimbo's new car

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Posh wrote:I bought a biro from WH Smith. Big mistake!

Well at least you didn't go to Wildings for your biro! I went there to buy one about five years ago. Well, I didn't actually buy it, more pinched it, but it's the same thing. Anyway, it's stopped working. So I took it back and they refused to change it! Damn cheek! Next time I'll take my chances and pinch a pen from Hargreaves, otherwise I'll have to buy one from W H Smiths, despite their reputation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Elite Motors gave me a pen and a spare refil 8-)
Mark S

Postby captain sparkle » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:52 pm

i bought some christmas tree lights from Woolies on the prom, a few years back, and they wouldn't work. I took them back, and said to the young girl sales assistant 'this festive festoonery is faulty', she just gave me a slightly scared, blank look, and said 'I'll just get the manager'.
They swapped them over, eventually.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby captain sparkle » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh yea, this is what i wanted to say!!!
Remember the first car Jim had when he came?
we were coming into the ground one match day, and saw an old bloke drive a taxi into it, and then drive off!!!
We got his reg no. and company address, and reported him to Jimbo.
The cheek!

Presume the old bloke WAS a taxi driver, maybe he'd just stolen it.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Freez » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 pm

OK, does anyone remember Fahys of Morecambe? They used to be on the prom between the train station and the old Empire building, dealing in quality British Leyland vehicles!! They no longer exist.
Many years ago a mate of mine inherited a bit of money via his grandad and was in the market for a newer motor. So he roped me in to pootle round a few garages and see what we could find for around 1000 quid, a tidy some for those days.
So we do Pye Motors with all the Dagenham dustbins, (Cortina's, Escrots, Grandads etc) and eventually end up at Fahys.
Now my mate Chas takes a fancy to a second hand mini, in red, white roof, wide arches, chubby tyres, spotlamps, the works, proper sporty and cool.
He does the usual tyre kicking and gawping under the bonnet with the polyester suited moustache thats attempting to sell it to him before asking for a test drive.
He trots off to get the keys and returns clutching some boiler suits and crash helmets for us all. We stare at one another blankly but put them on and I climb in the back (despite my asthma) and Chas climbs behind the wheel and off we go.
Well, he really gives it some, through the streets of Turin, down some steps while a wedding is coming out, through a piazza dragging a washing line, onto a marble floored covered arcade (bloke cleaning the floor gets annoyed and throws his chammy to the floor and gives up), before you know we have the cops chasing us through sewers and across a wier!!! Imagine?
Eventually, we end up running up the back of a specially prepared coach in the lower alpine mountains and ditching the mini out the back, complete right -off!!!
Fahys no longer exist!! I for one, know the reason why! ;)
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Freez wrote:OK, does anyone remember Fahys of Morecambe? They used to be on the prom between the train station and the old Empire building, dealing in quality British Leyland vehicles!! They no longer exist.
Many years ago a mate of mine inherited a bit of money via his grandad and was in the market for a newer motor. So he roped me in to pootle round a few garages and see what we could find for around 1000 quid, a tidy some for those days.
So we do Pye Motors with all the Dagenham dustbins, (Cortina's, Escrots, Grandads etc) and eventually end up at Fahys.
Now my mate Chas takes a fancy to a second hand mini, in red, white roof, wide arches, chubby tyres, spotlamps, the works, proper sporty and cool.
He does the usual tyre kicking and gawping under the bonnet with the polyester suited moustache thats attempting to sell it to him before asking for a test drive.
He trots off to get the keys and returns clutching some boiler suits and crash helmets for us all. We stare at one another blankly but put them on and I climb in the back (despite my asthma) and Chas climbs behind the wheel and off we go.
Well, he really gives it some, through the streets of Turin, down some steps while a wedding is coming out, through a piazza dragging a washing line, onto a marble floored covered arcade (bloke cleaning the floor gets annoyed and throws his chammy to the floor and gives up), before you know we have the cops chasing us through sewers and across a wier!!! Imagine?
Eventually, we end up running up the back of a specially prepared coach in the lower alpine mountains and ditching the mini out the back, complete right -off!!!

The sons of Fahys managing director are David and Ian Hainsworth and they run David Ian Skoda !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Freez wrote:OK, does anyone remember Fahys of Morecambe? They used to be on the prom between the train station and the old Empire building, dealing in quality British Leyland vehicles!! They no longer exist.

Fahys was reborn on whitelund under the name of DAVIDIAN (skoda)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

The sons of Fahys managing director are David and Ian Hainsworth and they run David Ian Skoda !

:lol: :lol: Pipped at the post heysham :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Previous

Return to General Discussion