Morecambe 0 Wycombe 3 f/t

Re: Morecambe 0 Wycombe 3 f/t

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:08 am

Not arguing about the attendance figure, but I walked in with 3 Season Tickets today. Regardless of who was at the end of them the VAT was paid at 17.5 % last July, Seemed like a bargain at the time but I am yet to be convinced
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:08 am

so you had 3, i had 3, the fly guy had 14, and the arena looked MT , (TEXT TALK 4 EMPTY)

I like going to watch our town team, as do around 1300 other local people, plus away fans, but there are lies, and statistics, the people around here are apathetic, its an embarassment :?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:34 am

My point re the vat business was more a general point I.e. Including unused comps etc which fo have implications.

I wasn't disputing the towns apathy, I agree there is a general lack of interest in the team. The attendance today on paper was decent considering the time, the way we have been playing etc.

There was however quid a kid, discounted entry for prem/championship season ticket holders and a very large number of scouts and press (no one else worth watching) Wycombe also travelled well with about 250 fans. So take all those out and the there was as you day about 1350, if we had been playing Southend or someone similar the attendance would have been very poor.

We are in a difficult position though as morecambe historically has a migrant population so lots of Bradford, Leeds fans. As was shown today a lot of local people go watch premier sides, a dad and his lad can get two rovers season tickets for under £300 where they can see some if the very elite players of world football. No matter who you follow that's an attractive offer for any football fan. There are a number of north west clubs offering similar deals for elite level football.

Morecambe as a club cannot compete with such heavily subsidised ticket prices so must find done way of marketing themselves more effectively to rope in support. Whether that be the uni, schools deals, community initiatives, ticket deals I don't know. What is clear though that until the team begins to entertain people and play football people will cease to spend their money on what is essentially a luxury item.

I do have a proposal for the final 3 home game which are unfortunately very important know. A year or two ago Blackburn (when threatened with relegation) recognised the importance of fans. They had 3 very important home game against basement rivals, they offered a deal of 3 tickets for £30, tenner a ticket. We could look at something similar to get people through the gates and help support the team in those last few games. It may also be a way of re engaging some casual fans and hopefully encourage them for next year.
LA1Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion