Free travel to Barnet game (old thread)

Re: Free travel to Barnet game

Postby bigreddog » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Joelinho wrote:Anyone thinking fancy dress? Time to dust off the Hawaiian shirt..

Though I would love to see shrimper in womens' clothing, I'm all for the Hawaiin shirt theme, if only because it wont mean any further purchases for the wardrobe.

I like the sound of The Barnet Beach Party, Hawaiin shirts, inflatable palm trees et al, then maybe shrimper can wear a grass skirt and fit in while fullfilling his ambitions to be a cross dresser.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:59 pm

I would think the Board are digesting Fans discussion, before they decide exactly which road to go down, apart from the M6 and M1 of course

In the meantime Barnet strengthen with 2 players from the Championship

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 412195.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby matty » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Having already done Hawain/beach shirts why don't we do something different. BRD is right tho - keep costs down - why not have a shit shirt day - wear the worst shirt you have in your wardrobe (prize of free travel for the worst!)
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm

matty wrote:Having already done Hawain/beach shirts why don't we do something different. BRD is right tho - keep costs down - why not have a shit shirt day - wear the worst shirt you have in your wardrobe (prize of free travel for the worst!)

There'll be a big queue outside your house then, asking for a borrow :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Why not just RED and WHITE, the club colours?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Great idea but surely you mean ticket stubbs from two previous away trips?

I think it is designed to try and get more fans travelling rather than simply rewarding those who travel regularly. Hopefully some of those who don't normally go to away games will get the bug. Getting a travel voucher by attending the previous home game would be a good way to make sure that regular fans get confirmed travel (and perhaps boost attendances at the home game).

The club have asked for fans to wear red for the game.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MFC Club Shop » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi All

Just thought I would mention that the Chairman and board have asked that in exchange for the free travel those going to the Barnet game wear Red and White as a theme. As an incentive we will be offering some superb deals for fans in the club shop to help with this theme. I will confirm these deals once we have finalised them and will also post here when I have finalised the booking procedure for the coach.

Thanks for your time
Phill
Club Shop
MFC Club Shop

Postby halftimeresults » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:40 pm

halftimeresults

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:54 pm

halftimeresults wrote:http://www.globearena.co.uk/news/29/Free-Travel-for-MFC-Fans-to-Barnet.htm

Hmmm good idea to take a deposit off people when they book, but giving it back before they travel which still gives people the chance to not take up the seat, although I presume there will be some discreet doormen to make sure nobody escapes!

If it was me I would give it to them as they get off the coach at Barnet :lol:
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:05 pm

I said the same thing, give it back when enroute,

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:http://www.globearena.co.uk/news/29/Free-Travel-for-MFC-Fans-to-Barnet.htm

Hmmm good idea to take a deposit off people when they book, but giving it back before they travel which still gives people the chance to not take up the seat, although I presume there will be some discreet doormen to make sure nobody escapes!

What are you on about? Who in the right mind would go to the trouble of booking a coach place, then get up early and claim their deposit back at 8.00am on a Saturday morning, then slyly try to get away with not getting on the coach! :roll:

The whole idea of this gesture is to get folk like me to an away game I would have not normally have considered. It looks like the spaces are unlimited (providing you book in advance), so lets try and promote it to as many fair-weather fans as possible. :D
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

What are you on about? Who in the right mind would go to the trouble of booking a coach place, then get up early and claim their deposit back at 8.00am on a Saturday morning, then slyly try to get away with not getting on the coach! :roll:

The whole idea of this gesture is to get folk like me to an away game I would have not normally have considered. It looks like the spaces are unlimited (providing you book in advance), so lets try and promote it to as many fair-weather fans as possible. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 pm

"what are you on about" If I knew that I wouldn't be posting on here! :lol:

You may be surprised how many people cock out for various reasons at the last moment. Yes people would pay their tenner with all intent to go and then for whatever reason wouldn't make it on the Saturday. Wouldn't stop them sending someone out early to get their tenner back though.

Not trying to pee on the chips by any means, but as the club and players have organised to pay for this I personally don't want people messing THEM about and sending coaches with empty seats. That is all.
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 am

marky No.1 wrote:"what are you on about" If I knew that I wouldn't be posting on here! :lol:

You may be surprised how many people cock out for various reasons at the last moment. Yes people would pay their tenner with all intent to go and then for whatever reason wouldn't make it on the Saturday. Wouldn't stop them sending someone out early to get their tenner back though.

Not trying to pee on the chips by any means, but as the club and players have organised to pay for this I personally don't want people messing THEM about and sending coaches with empty seats. That is all.

agree with you there pal, now and again its unavoidable but in those circumstances you should still pay the fair as you have left an empty seat, I am sure however this will not happen!! :-)
thegentlegiant

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
agree with you there pal, now and again its unavoidable but in those circumstances you should still pay the fair as you have left an empty seat, I am sure however this will not happen!! :-)

Indeed. It is is a great opportunity for those that travel and have travelled together with those that have not, to get together, have a grand day out, sing their hearts out and cheer us on to what could well be a result in a very decisive fixture. Barnet will be thinking "why us?" :lol:

The more the merrier! :D
marky No.1

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:34 am

marky No.1 wrote:Barnet will be thinking "why us?"

or they might be thinking 'this could turn out to be a good pay day' :D
broadwayshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:56 am

broadwayshrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Barnet will be thinking "why us?"

or they might be thinking 'this could turn out to be a good pay day' :D

They are also doing a friend for a fiver ticket offer so we should be looking a a 3,000+ attendance.
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 pm

What if 158 people want to go, but 3 coaches hold 52 each. Does two people get a coach to themselves :D
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby outsider » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:05 pm

no, they just ask for 1 57 seater :roll:

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:07 pm

outsider wrote:no, they just ask for 1 57 seater :roll:

8-)
thegentlegiant

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Dont suppose anyone can or will do a poster so I can advertise this great offer in my shop window
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm largely disappointed by this too. I've followed MFC all over the place over 26 yrs (lifetime!) and find this quite dejecting as I too, have missed out on this offer. Not through choice, just sheer bad luck.

The club website, the local press, even some on S.V's pointed out that the club will accommodate for the number of fans whom wish to travel through this offer, whether that be 100 or 1000.

Surely Morecambe Jack could enlighten me?

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Peter McGuigan wrote:we will put on as many coaches as we need for the game

The coaches are not limited so nobody will miss out. Outsider is right though that people should have to buy their match day tickets in order to reserve a seat, otherwise no doubt some will just not turn up on the day.

Or Peter McGuigan?

Someone knows more than they are letting on...!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Let's be fair though, you need to give the club enough time to advise the coach company how many coaches they require. Were you expecting them to ring up travellers choice on Saturday morning and say "hi there, please can you send 7 coaches round to take us to and from Barnet" for specific times? Everybody has had ages to get themselves sorted.

That said you can probably rock up in the morning, I'm sure one or two will sleep in and miss the bus....or not even bother rocking up. Won't be me though, I'm not the chairman of the supporters club!!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Might be worth having a word with the club about being on standby. Maybe the few who have missed out can chip in to fill a car load? I am sure someone will buy you a pint if you push the boat out!
Wild Bill

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:11 pm

As you have felt the need to post twice, I'll post my response twice.

Don't get on my back, I only quoted what Peter McGuigan was quoted as saying on the official club website at the time. Im not a club spokesman :roll:
Morecambe Jack

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion