The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:I just thought there were some late payments not no payments?

"just"?

If you don't get paid next payday but your employer asks you to carry on working for a few weeks without money, would you say you "weren't paid"? You may get the money eventually, but don't know that at the time. Are you still going to work as hard and with as much motivation as when you were getting paid on time, while also contacting your mortgage company etc to let them know that you have no money?

Okay, 'paid late' on numerous occasions, yet still turned out.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:42 am

Whilst I have every sympathy for those wanting the club to get rid of Jim, and I too think he's done all he can for us, as I've said before, it's not going to happen because we can't afford it. He's not going to walk, and we can't pay him off, so the best case scenario is he leaves at the end of this season when his contract is up. This has the added benefit that the club is effectively, even if not officially, up for sale, as the owners' 2 year commitment runs out at the end of the season. Surely it is more attractive to any prospective purchaser to be in a position to appoint their own manager without having to worry about paying off the old one, and if they want to keep Jim (I sincerely hope not), then they are free to do so (and alienate a large portion of the support - I'm not saying all or even a majority, as I simply don't know, but it is, surely, large). On that basis, can I ask nicely that we accept the situation as it is and cease the repetitive, and in some instances nasty, calls for him to be sacked?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:Whilst I have every sympathy for those wanting the club to get rid of Jim, and I too think he's done all he can for us, as I've said before, it's not going to happen because we can't afford it. He's not going to walk, and we can't pay him off, so the best case scenario is he leaves at the end of this season when his contract is up. This has the added benefit that the club is effectively, even if not officially, up for sale, as the owners' 2 year commitment runs out at the end of the season. Surely it is more attractive to any prospective purchaser to be in a position to appoint their own manager without having to worry about paying off the old one, and if they want to keep Jim (I sincerely hope not), then they are free to do so (and alienate a large portion of the support - I'm not saying all or even a majority, as I simply don't know, but it is, surely, large). On that basis, can I ask nicely that we accept the situation as it is and cease the repetitive, and in some instances nasty, calls for him to be sacked?

I think this is a good post and agree with your sentiment. I share your views on Jim and agree that his time is coming to an end but like you say, I am resigned to it being at the end of his contract sadly.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:Whilst I have every sympathy for those wanting the club to get rid of Jim, and I too think he's done all he can for us, as I've said before, it's not going to happen because we can't afford it. He's not going to walk, and we can't pay him off, so the best case scenario is he leaves at the end of this season when his contract is up. This has the added benefit that the club is effectively, even if not officially, up for sale, as the owners' 2 year commitment runs out at the end of the season. Surely it is more attractive to any prospective purchaser to be in a position to appoint their own manager without having to worry about paying off the old one, and if they want to keep Jim (I sincerely hope not), then they are free to do so (and alienate a large portion of the support - I'm not saying all or even a majority, as I simply don't know, but it is, surely, large). On that basis, can I ask nicely that we accept the situation as it is and cease the repetitive, and in some instances nasty, calls for him to be sacked?

I think this is a good post and agree with your sentiment. Although I don't share your views on Jim and I am happy to give him until the end of his contract to turn things around once again. 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Keith wrote:

I think this is a good post and agree with your sentiment. Although I don't share your views on Jim and I am happy to give him until the end of his contract to turn things around once again. 8-)

That is the time I have read one of your posts without getting bored.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Keith wrote:

me too, 2nd this.

I think Jim will keep us up, but like Brexit i fancy a change, even though its unknown territory.
Andy D

Postby al1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 am

I would like change now before it is too late,the round up gang must be living on 'fantasy island'
al1

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 am

al1 wrote:I would like change now before it is too late,the round up gang must be living on 'fantasy island'

The fantasy is thinking there's money available to pay Jim off and bring someone else in. I'm being realistic in saying his contract expires at the end of the season and we can let him go then.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby al1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:23 am

If he had anything about him he would walk away,he has lost the players and fans as well as lots of games!
al1

Postby Slanester » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:53 am

al1 wrote:the round up gang

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Slanester

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:30 am

Slanester wrote:
al1 wrote:the round up gang

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Yes, I know, and interestingly, even people like me who want a new manager but are realistic about the chances now seem to be included
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby glagys » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:57 pm

So how many more games ?? Bratfud will no doubt beat us next week,
glagys

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm

glagys wrote:So how many more games ?? Bratfud will no doubt beat us next week,

Be nice to see some sort of effort to entice people back for this game to try and match the amount of Bratfud fans in the ground. "Like a home game for them" could be added to your Bentley Bingo cards next week
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:12 pm

This is the first time in our 13 League seasons I have felt pessimistic about avoiding the drop.

In previous seasons we could see which areas need tweaking , like last season the defence and midfield were ok but nobody was scoring goals and Jim brought in Collins , Bennett and Mingoia and we went on a great run.

This season there are weak spots all over the team and you just can't see where the next win is coming from.

Maybe the "Round-up Gang" are more optimistic :o :o :o :o
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Unless things change drastically we are going down there is no doubt about that

Scunthorpe and Stevenage will have more money than us to spend in January and will probably fight there way out of trouble

Unless Macclesfield get demoted we are looking doomed
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Round-up Gang"

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Slanester

Postby Vinny » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Maybe Jim has his mind on other opportunities? ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49861475 ;)
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Shrimptheworld » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Will he get more more money from the dole than what we are when we do our job. 80k a year a joke. sh.... at his job rod Taylor he need to be sacked now
Attachments
IMG-20191005-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20191005-WA0020.jpg (52.66 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Shrimptheworld

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Shrimptheworld wrote:Will he get more more money from the dole than we are when we do our job. 80k a year a joke. sh.... at his job rod Taylor he need to be sacked now

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Angler1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:35 pm

I think it's time the club brought in a new manager, one that has no link to the club previously. A total clear out required. This must be done now or we will be relegated this season.
Angler1

Postby glagys » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Give Kevin Nolan a ring
glagys

Postby Slanester » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Excellent article in The visitor. Bradford manager’s comments with regard our current manager.
Then again, what does he know :? :roll: :roll:
Slanester

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Slanester wrote:Excellent article in The visitor. Bradford manager’s comments with regard our current manager.
who's their manager? Any chance of a link to said article so we can all enjoy it? :)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
Slanester wrote:Excellent article in The visitor. Bradford manager’s comments with regard our current manager.
who's their manager? Any chance of a link to said article so we can all enjoy it? :)

Gary Bowyer.

Sorry absolute Tech nerd( as well as footy, before anybody gets it in :D ) It has been posted on the fans fb page, if that helps.
Slanester

Postby al1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Without reading this article I wonder how many times mr bowyer has seen us play!
al1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion