Take your p45 Sammy and just go

Re: Take your p45 Sammy and just go

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:I'm going to say this :?

YES it was a poor game but I was expecting that as Barnet are fighting for their lives already and we're not exactly setting the world alight at the moment, One could argue that firstly their penalty was a complete joke as the guy went down with no contact whatsoever and we had a great view of it from row L, Secondly at the other end one of their players in Rugby mode and all that drop ball nonsense that followed?????????????????? What was that all about?
The the bar bender that deserved a goal

0-2 Down and we managed to get back in the game and maybe could have nicked it but for another chesterfield style clearance, Although poor at times I just don't think we're getting the breaks of luck you sometimes need and i'm sure when we do it'll be like last season when all the doubters (myself included) are proved wrong once more.

Let Sammy and Mark sort it and they will, that you can be sure of ;)

IMO we only got back into the game because Barnet pressed the self destruct button. We still played the lob it up to Mullin tactic which is such a bad way to play.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:17 pm

As others have pointed out we lost BOTH OF OUR FIRST CHOICE DEFENDERS through injury so under the circumstances even you must make some kind of allowance for that one :roll:
HALMA 1983

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:As others have pointed out we lost BOTH OF OUR FIRST CHOICE DEFENDERS through injury so under the circumstances even you must make some kind of allowance for that one :roll:

Doesnt explain what I just had to endure, in the end we replaced them with 2 people who have played centre back before.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 pm

I just don't understand that when you are 2-0 down that the manager goes quiet and just sits there looking totally uninterested in what's going on.

I also couldn't understand the logic of playing Brown as a wide player for the entire game. Surely he should have moved into centre midfield to add some steel into that area and bring on Rundle who is a established wide man. Stanners didn't contribute much for me other than the usual sideways balls.

v Bury on Tursday, don't be surprised if Jimbo makes a return.

And having a goalkeeper as Captain....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Poor very poor.

The only good thing was the crowd of 2200 which was more than many probably expcted.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Well let's face it, we've got one of the best squads in L2. Due to some poor line ups we're really not playing very well. Face the facts, Sammy's playing some poor line ups and something else is obviously wrong.

Stanley shoould be playing every game with either Drummond or Fleming. Wilson is easily one of the best full backs in L2 and Calpadi was appaling.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:As others have pointed out we lost BOTH OF OUR FIRST CHOICE DEFENDERS through injury so under the circumstances even you must make some kind of allowance for that one :roll:

no not at all am sick of people blaming only the defence when goals go in against us the midfield gave hardly no protection for the back line
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:38 pm

If only that was true. Sammy's first choice centre backs are Parrish and McCready who both played until Mossy imploded. Scott is also a centre back and not a right back so in my view no excuses.

Lawrence Wilson was being watched by loads of scouts after an incredible start to season 09/10. Since then he clearly is being told to sit back and he's been turned from an awesome prospect to being ditched for someone on a four month contact who was woeful. So from having Yatesy doing a fine job right back is now a lottery and Wilson doing a fine job left back is now looking like a shambles too. All part of Sammy's plans I'm sure.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Where are all the fans who were pleased when Artell left?

We could have used him at both ends of the pitch today , preferably with the captains armband on! He scored his 3rd league goal of the season today as well.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:44 pm

You all realise of course that our Manager is a stubborn man who doesn't like people to question him and certainly doesn't encourage players to have their say. Therefore, we have to live with it despite knowing that a change of style is desperately needed....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:47 pm

and something i would like to point out i have noticed with SM when we are losing

instead of standing on the touchline talking to the players he just gives up and sits on the bench and sulks like today when we went 0 - 2 down

and people go on about negative attitudes on here
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:56 pm

What do you want him to do play the match for them?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ftm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm

well done old man k.

sticking you head above the happy clappers!!!

people on here are too frightened to say it how it is!

how are you anyways?
ftm

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 pm

ftm wrote:well done old man k.

sticking you head above the happy clappers!!!

people on here are too frightened to say it how it is!

how are you anyways?

Lol!

Might well need another week after watching that!
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby ockers » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 pm

blimey.......... 8 games in........
the difference between 8th and 22nd?
3 points yes three points and youre posting that kind of message
between playoffs and us its 4 points after 4 games
perhaps you could explain to me how that can be?
ockers

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 pm

ockers wrote:blimey.......... 8 games in........

The gap might as well be 20 points because playing like we did today we will not trouble the playoffs this season.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Sacking the manager is not the answer... It's too early in the season and we lost two defenders and had a blind hamster as a referee. I'd prefer to take the positives from the fact that we havent lost at home in the league yet ;)
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby ockers » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

The gap might as well be 20 points because playing like we did today we will not trouble the playoffs this season.

you know we had moments like this last season before we turned it round adn finished 4th

we had some forced changes today and as ezz is trying to post our strongest team on another thread we now have haining and mccready out for some time
whilst we have a big squad to lose two key players will impact on us

i sincerley hope that in time your embarrased by your posting rather than satying told you so, weve all done it
i think with the standard of the league weve seen so far were in for a long very hard season
again imho
good crowd today a great game fo rth eneutral incidents talking points an dto be honest i thought barnet played some good football with some very good strong players withth elike sof kabba poole southam and uddin in their ranks but was impressed with holmes and marshall
as for pace we have our own in duffy parrish fleming wilson
bring on the shakers
time for a chill out and a beer tonight me thinks
ockers

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Eventually we'll click.....it's not like we've had performances that have been consistantly poor. So many times we've been winning and thrown it away, but today was definately the worst performance.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Still 4 clubs worse than us :o

Just wish we looked like a team and not some blokes that have met each other for a kickabout on Ryelands Park. We need a guru to get the lads to know each other. As 2 of our players went for the same ball on at least 3 occasions plus giving the ball away far too easily, Sammy was asking them to communicate! Maybe that is where we are going wrong? A paintballing session probably wouldn't go amiss!!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:33 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Still 4 clubs worse than us :o

Just wish we looked like a team and not some blokes that have met each other for a kickabout on Ryelands Park. We need a guru to get the lads to know each other. As 2 of our players went for the same ball on at least 3 occasions plus giving the ball away far too easily, Sammy was asking them to communicate! Maybe that is where we are going wrong? A paintballing session probably wouldn't go amiss!!

haha theyve already done that some time ago and that aint worked
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Personally, i think 11 of us of Shrimpsvoices should play.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:07 pm

While the injuries to the central defence is a worry, bringing Jimbo back in may be a good thing. He may not necessarily still be the best central defender at the club, he is by far the best leader at the club.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Hope he is a revelation to be honest, sometimes you had one defender to dominate the air and the other to position and lead the rest. Jim can potentially do both, but the leadership qualities are definately needed right now!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Hopefully if Jim starts for the next game he can get the team a bit more organised.
heysham_mfc

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Sean it's an excellent point. A few wins and we're right in the mix again. I think the concern is the style of play and where a good run is going to come from. The leaders and battlers have gone from the side - Arts and Bents. There is no consistency on tactics or selection. And finally other than Baz and Andy Parrish there's no one who you can say are consistently playing well. Finally, and it has to be said, like the last two seasons, I've got serious concerns over some of Sammy's signings, some of whom appear done in indecent haste rather than careful long-term planning.

Like the majority 'trust in Sammy' and all that, progress every year but you can understand the concerns, particularly when it's clear with players Capaldi and Shuker we're spending big.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion