Barnet yesterday .....

Re: Barnet yesterday .....

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:30 pm

OvertheBar wrote:read this link (it should work) about a young Barnet player stabbed to death on Saturday night outside a bar in Croydon...kind of puts the 'ejection' into perspective

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/76149

Agreed. Condolences to everyone at Barnet especially his family. :(
Mark S

Barnet yesterday .....

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:34 pm

I also like Scott Davies as well (we have two good keepers in the club now) Its also nice to chat with someone else on here who also wants to chat about football and not tv licences or planes etc Bring on the Grimsby next week hopefully we can keep this run going and i can also guarantee that the Barnet team we played yesterday will beat quite a few teams at underhill this season
Howe Magic

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:41 pm

I could chat about TV licences HM...my renewal just dropped through the letterbox on Saturday!

To be honest it was a real treat for me yesterday to get to an away game. One of my lads has just started uni in London so I can use it as an excuse to go to some more, her highness upstairs (season ticket holder btw) doesn't want to drive to away games...seemingly she also has a season ticket to the shops.
OvertheBar

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:59 pm

BBC Web Site wrote:Oliver's older brother, Herve, 27, died of a heart attack earlier this year while playing football.

Two sons dying within a few months of each other? I can't even imagine the pain his family must be going through. Condolences to all at Barnet everyone who knew him.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:19 am

OvertheBar wrote:Your points per player HoweMagic were close apart from Roche and Parrish.
Parrish just doesn't float my boat, he is still tentative and probably plays better up and down the right side of the park...I'd give him 5

I agree with the "tentative" description of Parrish which I am sure they will be working on - but as for not floating a boat he could have raised the Titanic at Oldham! (There you go Howe Magic, football discussion without planes, - just a boat instead !) :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion