1-1

Re: 1-1

Postby Jordan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:36 pm

I dont know whats worse. The fact that you embarrassed our club by getting thrown out or the fact that you are unrepentant.

I wasnt there, but I heard from someone that was there that you were rightly thrown out

I Dont Understand How You Can Comment And Tell Me Im 'Unrepentant' When For One You Dont Know Me As A Person And If You Did You Would Know That It Was Out Of Character. And Two You Wasnt Even At The Game, I Think You Havent Got Any Right To Comment On The Incident If You Were'nt Their. I Dont Mind People Opinions Who Was At The Game And Seen What Happened.
Jordan

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Peter wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:I was a bit disappointed with some of our own fans though, goading the Barnet supporters with songs about having no points and "going down". After last year when they were our best mates I thought it was out of order.

These young twits need reining-in.
When there's only a smallish attendance idiots stand out.
Someone pitch-side should take a few photos of them, and get them banned from away travel.

:lol: :lol:
For having a few many to shandys?

Atleast they make the effort to get to the games

You know full well that I can't get to many games and the reason why, in case that was a slice of beef with me? I'll go when I can.

I think Jordan understands why he was kicked out and will watch himself in future. And that is a good thing. But it wasn't just him, he was just the one made an example of.

The Barnet fans gesturing to us and some of ours back... well, its not on either way, but its easier to throw out 1 of 100 than 1 of 1600. Fair enough sing some songs but don't make a dick of yourself.
Joel Ninety

Postby Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:54 pm

1 of 100 than 1 of 1600.

And more often than not the remaining 1699 behave themselves.
Phoenix

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Jordan wrote:
I dont know whats worse. The fact that you embarrassed our club by getting thrown out or the fact that you are unrepentant.

I wasnt there, but I heard from someone that was there that you were rightly thrown out

I Dont Understand How You Can Comment And Tell Me Im 'Unrepentant' When For One You Dont Know Me As A Person And If You Did You Would Know That It Was Out Of Character. And Two You Wasnt Even At The Game, I Think You Havent Got Any Right To Comment On The Incident If You Were'nt Their. I Dont Mind People Opinions Who Was At The Game And Seen What Happened.

You are correct. I dont know you.

Unrepentant means 'Having or exhibiting no remorse' Thats what I meant by it. Couldnt find anywhere in your post where you said 'Sorry, I screwed up, had too much to drink, took things a bit too far and got thrown out for losing my temper. Its out of character for me and a one off'.

As I stated, I wasnt there but spoke to someone who was. The old 'you were not there, so you cant comment' argument is tired and old. If it was correct, none of us would watch the news and discuss any current affairs.

I will tell you a secret, I got thrown out of Deepdale in the Carling Cup just before the second half for being stupid enough to try and smuggle a plastic bottle of beer into the stands. I didnt argue, it was a fair cop. I spent the rest of the evening and the days and weeks that followed apologising to the people with me and eating humble pie. I felt I let my mates down and the Club. I still get a ribbing about it to this day.

Just as HoweMagic is fed up with moaners, I am fed up with young lads who cant handle their beer, get too lairy and then call it 'banter' when they have sobered up.

If you didnt have a drink yesterday, I apologise.

I will leave it there.
Mark S

Postby Jordan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:25 pm

'Sorry, I screwed up, had too much to drink, took things a bit too far and got thrown out for losing my temper. Its out of character for me and a one off'.

I dont agree with that. I have apologised to most people who i feel i need to apologise to. I dont feel i have to apologise to you for what i did and i still dont think and i dont accept critisism off you as you don't know me as a person, and you was not their yesterday. Also people who do know me as a person know it was out of carachter and also 'bare ben' has said that on here today.

Ok, i addmit i had some drink yesterday, but most away games ive been to with morecambe i have drank, but i have never been in trouble so its not a case of cant handle my beer, its a case of me making a mistake and now i realise that.

I think Jordan understands why he was kicked out and will watch himself in future. And that is a good thing. But it wasn't just him, he was just the one made an example of.

The Barnet fans gesturing to us and some of ours back... well, its not on either way, but its easier to throw out 1 of 100 than 1 of 1600. Fair enough sing some songs but don't make a dick of yourself.

This is correct i do understand why i was thrown out and i will watch myself in the future. But i have said this in every post so far and i will keep saying it, i dont agree with the way it got handled, by that i dont mean i didnt deserve to be thrown out i mean that if i get thrown out for making gestures why doesnt the same happen with home fans, i agree that its easier to throw 1 out of 100 out then it is to throw 1600 out.

I know i was wrong yesterday but i feel that it has been made into a lot bigger deal than it was by some people, and one of the main reasons for that is people that didnt go and have just 'heard' it from other people and know comment about it.
Jordan

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Jordan wrote:This is correct i do understand why i was thrown out and i will watch myself in the future. But i have said this in every post so far and i will keep saying it, i dont agree with the way it got handled, by that i dont mean i didnt deserve to be thrown out i mean that if i get thrown out for making gestures why doesnt the same happen with home fans, i agree that its easier to throw 1 out of 100 out then it is to throw 1600 out.

I'd suggest that you've answered your own question, and if you think about it, it makes sense.

Jordan wrote:its easier to throw 1 out of 100 out then it is to throw 1600 out.

Is that fair? Possibly not. Is it how the world works? Yes, of course! A basic risk assessment suggests the action taken is to not inflame the majority unless there really is no alternative. I've seen Morecambe fans at Morecambe who have acted in a manner that, if they were at an away match, with less than a hundred others, would have led to an expulsion or even an arrest. As it was a "quiet word" after the event was acceptable. I know of one occasion when someone received a ban after the event. It may even be that the police avoid ejecting fans from both sides at the same time in case they start to fight once outside the ground?

The reason that this thread is keeping going is, in my opinion, that the comment appeared to be that you felt 'hard done by' because Barnet's idiots weren't treated the same as you? A 'conditional' I'm sorry isn't really the same as an unconditional one.

I'm sure you've learnt your lesson and I'm sure you'll act differently in the future, to that end, it's probably a salutary lesson.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Threads like this are making me less sorry that I'm going to less away matches this season.
campdave

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:35 pm

marky wrote: This information is passed from security officer to security officer and very quickly (ALL MORECAMBE) fans begin to be treated with suspicion and security measures are stepped up, which spoils things for the majority.

Is that what you want Jordan (and pals)?
If you want respect then grow-up, and earn it.
Plain Peter

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:43 pm

It's plain to see that Shrimpsvoices plays its own part in generating campdaves sort of attitude amongst our fans. All it took was somebody to mention what was a small matter that has become blown way out of proportion once again in true shrimpsvoices style. Mark might be tired of the "young ones who cant handle their drink", but I, like many others, am tired of this negative crap that is being constantly written. This is a football forum where people should be able to talk about football without being drawn off-topic by hear'say and people who want to talk about breaking the law by not having a TV licence. I for one belive what Jordan did to be trivial and because he was ejected hes condemned as "a drunken youth who can't handle his beer, he's disgraced the club etc". Why is Jordan to experience this yet CC can openly discuss breaking the law??" Yesterday was completely different to Forest, Jordan is a mature lad, not a yob like he is being made out as be on what has become a ridiculous forum. He was told by several different people "that will be all over SV tomorrow" because it allows the same members of the forum to talk about something negative and nothing to do with Morecambe Football Club. It is a sorry state of affairs and I hope SV battles through the shame it is bringing on our supporters.
Bare Ben

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Peter wrote:
marky wrote: This information is passed from security officer to security officer and very quickly (ALL MORECAMBE) fans begin to be treated with suspicion and security measures are stepped up, which spoils things for the majority.

Is that what you want Jordan (and pals)?
If you want respect then grow-up, and earn it.

Do you expect him to answer that? What I really want to say to you now would result in me being banned so I won't. You don't have my respect, you're pathetic, Jordan knows he did wrong and you contantly reminding him makes you a really big man **** *** :evil:
Bare Ben

Postby Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Jordan, before you registered and posted your first message there had been one comment about the supporters yesterday but nothing I thought any more unusual than I've seen at away games in the last few years. The first one to mention Jordan getting thrown out was ... Jordan. Perhaps if people don't like it being discussed they'd be better not mentioning it in the first place?
Phoenix

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Phoenix wrote:Perhaps if people don't like it being discussed they'd be better not mentioning it in the first place?

That doesn't make what has been said appropriate.
Bare Ben

Postby marky » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Yesterday was completely different to Forest, Jordan is a mature lad, not a yob like he is being made out as be on what has become a ridiculous forum. He was told by several different people "that will be all over SV tomorrow" because it allows the same members of the forum to talk about something negative and nothing to do with Morecambe Football Club. It is a sorry state of affairs and I hope SV battles through the shame it is bringing on our supporters.

Ben, if supporters didn't keep getting into trouble, then we wouldn't be having this debate. Cause and effect. The behaviour of fans has everything to do with the club. Heck, the behaviour of English fans in the 80s caused countless problems for fans of both country and clubs in European football. Even today, we see over-zealous policing abroad as a result. Unlike most at Forest, Jordan's apologised which I think is commendable. However, I don't recall this issue ever being raised on these forums (both old and new) and it seems to be appearing after every away game at the moment. As far as I'm aware, most members of this forum were also members on the old one. That is merely an observation. All I'm saying is if isolated insidents keep occuring, no matter who it is, all of us will be tarred with the same brush.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 pm

That doesn't make what has been said appropriate.

Ben, none of it would have been said if Jordan hadn't mentioned it.
I dont feel i have to apologise to you for what i did and i still dont think and i dont accept critisism off you as you don't know me as a person, and you was not their yesterday.

Jordan, you opened yourself up for discussion when you posted on a public forum that you'd been thrown out.
Phoenix

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Do you expect him to answer that? What I really want to say to you now would result in me being banned so I won't. You don't have my respect, you're pathetic, Jordan knows he did wrong and you contantly reminding him makes you a really big man **** *** :evil:

Thank the Lord I relinquished the name Bare Dolly, and became Poulton Prawn.
Take it from me, don't be scared of being banned on SV, you can always reinvent yourself.
BUT in the flesh, if you really want to support your beloved Morecambe, then watch out, Big Brother is watching, and if you get nabbed......
.....there's always Giant Axe :shock: .
Plain Peter

Postby Jordan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:32 pm

Jordan, you opened yourself up for discussion when you posted on a public forum that you'd been thrown out.

Its not like people didnt know already.
I was told by numerous people yesterday that you will get a load of **** on SV tomorrow, so thats why i made an account so i could get my opinion across aswell, and i also accept other peoples views on it all. But the only thing that bothers me is people who didnt go yesterday and are just commenting on hear'say.
Jordan

Postby Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Its not like people didnt know already.

It sounds like the people that already knew, you'd talked to and they understood it was a one-off. I suggest next time, hopefully there isn't one, you wait until it's mentioned then logon to defend yourself. Same goes for anyone else.
Phoenix

Postby Jordan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:43 pm

:?
Jordan

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:45 pm

My opinion, for what it's worth is that it is now time to draw a line and learn and now to leave it well alone.

I know that the circumstances for your eviction left a bitter taste in your mouth, you have to realise that away fans get scrutinised far more than the home fans.
As you now know, that includes CCTV.

To the others who have criticised his actions, I'm not saying that what you think is wrong, but there are very few people who know exactly what happened before during and after.

Jordan had a 30 second "red mist", he made a mistake, he apologised. Then he apologised after that he apologised.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." - Someone wise once said.

The club was not let down, he did not embarrass his/our club. He let himself down and embarrassed himself, so let's quit the witch hunt. (BTW the stewards stood right next to him were shocked he had been ejected "..bit harsh that!!"

Some might say had the steward had a quiet word it may not have ended the same.

Also had it been so bad the ground safety officer wouldn't have "suggested" where he might go to stand to see the game from outside :shock:
morecambe mick

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:48 pm

And here is another guy who always likes to throw his pence worth in, Pheonix.

As usual it has all been blown out of proportion and the usual old "drunken youths can't handle drink" line has come into it.

I seem to remember the last time this came up, and alot of members were saying they did it in there day? It happens up and down the country every single Saturday, but oh no, because we are "the friendliest club" we can't chant to our opposition or swear?

Nonsense.
Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Sammy h wrote:And here is another guy who always likes to throw his pence worth in, Pheonix.

As usual it has all been blown out of proportion and the usual old "drunken youths can't handle drink" line has come into it.

I seem to remember the last time this came up, and alot of members were saying they did it in there day? It happens up and down the country every single Saturday, but oh no, because we are "the friendliest club" we can't chant to our opposition or swear?

Nonsense.

Whoaa there boy.

I don't think Phoenix has posted anything out of order.

You are over reacting, albeit to defend your friend - which is admiralable. This time however you are in the wrong.
morecambe mick

Postby Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Cheers Mick. I haven't discussed the actual incident, only what has been mentioned online. Lesson to be learned maybe, if you were involved in an incident, it hasn't been mentioned online and you don't want it discussing online, put your keyboard away.
Phoenix

Postby marky » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Jordan wrote:just commenting on hear'say.

Indeed they are. Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Jordan wrote:and are just commenting on hear'say.

Pure and simple

campdave

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:22 pm

I swear Kevin Keegan is in that photo!
Sammy h

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion