reserves. morecambe v tranmere

Re: reserves. morecambe v tranmere

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Interesting suggestion. I think we've all been trying to work out how we can fit the current players into a system that suits them while, at the same time, delivering a bit more cutting edge than we've had.

I like Paul Scott as a holding player but we need to have someone free to push forward more.

Perhaps a midfield with two real box-to-box workhorses in there (Stanners and Brown) as well as two wider players, may give someone like Fleming the scope to get forward even more than he has so far and really support Jevons.

I've noticed with Fleming that, apart from his obvious comfort and skill on the ball, he heads very well for a midfielder. Often they just make a token effort at headers and then try to pick up the pieces. Fleming doesn't. He tries to win the ball in the air and often does it well enough to guide his header to a team-mate.

We've seen how he can finish when given the chance, pushing up from midfield. If he's pushing even further forward then maybe he has all the attributes you'd need from a supplementary striker?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: reserves. morecambe v tranmere

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 pm

after Roche

the first name down on my team sheet is Scott in the holding role, he's exactly what we've been missing since we entered L2

then build the team around him
George Dawes

Previous

Return to General Discussion