Morecambe 1 Burnley 3

Re: Morecambe 1 Burnley 3

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:We played great last night considering that Burnley had some quality players on the field

Fans..9 The Main Stand is getting there, MBW terrace should try a Mexican wave, that can get the reluctant MainStandbys off their backsides. Once up they may even sing?

Let me put you straight, Caged Lion.
The main stand has seats, they are for sitting on, we pay a little bit more than the MBW stand for that little extra. We are just as enthusiastic as you lot in the home end (I noticed when we went 2-1 down, you stopped singing for a while).
I am one of the people who do stand up when you chant "stand up if you love Morecambe",
but there's something you should know - the people behind then complain directly to me because I have stood up, and they can't see the pitch, do you now understand why not everyone stands up just because YOU want them to!!! :roll:

Went in the main stand last night as a regular MBW and north stand fan I treid to keep the noise up a bit but it's difficult when only 7 or 8 people join in.
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:We played great last night considering that Burnley had some quality players on the field

Fans..9 The Main Stand is getting there, MBW terrace should try a Mexican wave, that can get the reluctant MainStandbys off their backsides. Once up they may even sing?

The main stand has seats, they are for sitting on, we pay a little bit more than the MBW stand for that little extra. We are just as enthusiastic as you lot in the home end (I noticed when we went 2-1 down, you stopped singing for a while).
I am one of the people who do stand up when you chant "stand up if you love Morecambe",
but there's something you should know - the people behind then complain directly to me because I have stood up, and they can't see the pitch, do you now understand why not everyone stands up just because YOU want them to!!! :roll:

Tell them to open their ears, enjoy the atmosphere,the night and stand up for all of one minute. Unless they are badly injured they dont have much excuse. If they dont stand up then they'll have impaired vision for about 60seconds :lol:
the atmosphere was great last night especially in the 2nd half, the penalty knocked the stuffing out of us but only for a few mins. I don't think the accoustics of the ground are too great, only time i heard the burnley fans was when they scored, could see them singing though
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ALAN1540 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

I thought we played exceptionally well, Burnley's defence was just to strong. We had a couple of dubious offside calls (I was sat in Main stand about 10yds in our end) and at least 2 where Jevons was on his way.

First game Ive managed to get to at Globe due to work and managed to burst blood vessel in my throat shouting too much
ALAN1540

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

ezz wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:

Tell them to open their ears, enjoy the atmosphere,the night and stand up for all of one minute. Unless they are badly injured they dont have much excuse. If they dont stand up then they'll have impaired vision for about 60seconds :lol:
the atmosphere was great last night especially in the 2nd half, the penalty knocked the stuffing out of us but only for a few mins. I don't think the accoustics of the ground are too great, only time i heard the burnley fans was when they scored, could see them singing though

When we conceded the last two goals, i was the kid who shouted 'Come on Morecambe' about 5 seconds after the goal and it got the crowd going, i was proud. :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am

In that case, you're not a kid, You are a man,my son!!! :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:04 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:In that case, you're not a kid, You are a man,my son!!! :)

men led by boys? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Great game last night. To be honest I went into the game thinking that we could be in for a hammering the way Burnley have started the season, but we had our chances and more than gave them a run for their money.

Jevons had a great chance at 1-0 where he didn't quite get enough on his shot and the keeper saved from close range. There was also a 15 minute period in the match just at the start of the second half where we were dominant, but just couldn't create a decent chance from open play. Had that Wilson free kick gone in we could have been in dreamland. With hindsight perhaps we should have stuck on another attacker earlier and tried to force home an advantage, but that is a tough call to make given the excellent platform we had built in the first 45. With players like Eagles on the pitch the Clarets would always had another goal in them.

Great performance from Parrish, bizarrely he has had his critics in the first few games. I've only missed Wycombe away so far and from what I have seen he has been extremely competent, nay brilliant, in each game. Parrish for England!!!!

Good effort by the fans also last night, the chorus of "RED ARMY" seemed to be sung by the masses and sounded loud from within the MBW.

The only disappointment remains the lack of peas and gravy as pie accompaniment. Somebody should set up a mobile catering unit that supplies only this, you’d make a killing. Viva la revolution!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 pm

RedRedWine wrote:The only disappointment remains the lack of peas and gravy as pie accompaniment. Somebody should set up a mobile catering unit that supplies only this, you’d make a killing. Viva la revolution!!!

As my kids' drinks containers weren't questioned on entry last night, I'm going to take a couple of flasks from now on - one gravy, one peas. Also a sachet or two of proper brown sauce!

If anyone's interested in forming a self-help group, we could take it in turns and share.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 pm

I could only walk away and smile knowing that those singing burnley fans would still be queuing up to get out of our ground at 2am whilst i was tucked up in bed :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:05 pm

It's a shame the ref bottled two big decisions. Firstly not giving us a penalty in the first half, at 1-0 up and secondly, not sending their lad off with a second yellow. Even their own fans think he was lucky to stay on the pitch. Quite how he contrived to book three Morecambe players yet only two Burnley when we committed 9 fouls to their 18 is beyond me. All in all, a good game where with a bit of luck (or a ref not scared of difficult decisions) we'd have won. Proud of the lads yesterday.

Also, Chris Eagles becoming the first opposition player to score at The Globe is good, I'm pleased it was a player of such high quality.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:30 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:

Sorry for not singing throughout the whole game Sir. It is quite hard keeping it up for a whole 90 minutes, even with a 15 minute break :lol:

I thought the atmosphere was great last night, at one point there was a rendition of 'Red army' and it sounded to me like the whole stand was joining in!!
Sammy h

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:07 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:

We have season tickets in C1 :o Mrs Lion couldn't see much in the terracing so we had to shift. We will be singing with you on Saturday...you start the chants and we will join in :D
Caged Lion

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 pm

I would have thought you would do a roar rather than a chant, looking at your name.
My favourite song is that one by Terry Jacks, you remember it, the one about suicide. :(
Oh no, thinking of Chris Shuker again......
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:My favourite song is that one by Terry Jacks, you remember it, the one about suicide.

Try this one out seasonsinthesun, you only need to bring your guitar and I can see the MBW ultras clapping along behind you :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krK7Q49o ... re=related
Caged Lion

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 am

Thankyou CAGED LION. That's saved me from jumping off the motorway bridge near Halton Cemetery. Status Quo are a bit more lively than "Goodbye to you my trusted friend...." ;)
seasonsinthesun

Previous

Return to General Discussion