What you love about Morecambe Fc........

Re: What you love about Morecambe Fc........

Postby nomad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:22 pm

EVERYTHING. New to sv i watched my first game in 1956 stood on the cinderbank or the scratting shed when it rained.When in the Lancashire combination i have seen gates of 1800+ and as low as 130 when the board of directors pleaded with the people of Morecambe to help save the club from going out of business. I remember away games at Nelson Clithero Great Harwood Accrington when they dropped from the league beating Chester 1 -0 in the FA cup. Beating Burnley (then in the first division) to win the Lancashire senior cup we are the only non league ever to win it. Two trips to Wembley two wins,all happy memories the MORECAMBE fans have always been the best Ipswich fans told me the best away day they can remember was at christie park.So tuOHesday night i will walk down Westgate to the Globe with pride to join the Morecambe family.So lets get behind the lads and sing our hearts out.
nomad

Postby bigreddog » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:47 pm

I thought a bit more about why I love Morecambe, and when it comes down to it, it's also why I love football, I could try another little poem, but nobody has ever put it better than this bloke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXac8J4EoIE
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Memories for me are: Wembley '74, and hanging on to the 2-1 lead v.Dartford as the minutes ticked by, and we were defending for our lives...
v.Cambridge, another 2-1 win and the first time for many years that we beat a league club, the feeling that this was my team, our team, that was pulling off a giant killing and we would make the national news, with the goals on the telly, quite a novelty in 2000!
Tuesday night matches, the smell of liniment in the air, and burger and pie smells wafting round the ground, late winning goals i.e.Artell v.Crewe, such special memories...
Also in current times, getting my 11 year old son interested, and although he likes Liverpool,
he still always has Morecambe playing on the Fifa X-Box game. Recently we beat Arsenal!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mellow » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 pm

It's the great hairstyles that remind me of the seventies
mellow

Previous

Return to General Discussion