Family Fun Day & 5-A-Side competition

Re: Family Fun Day & 5-A-Side competion

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:How about "Reg. of the Rovers" in memory of the late great RHC !

It's 10 years now BTW :o

doesn't time fly.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm

bigreddog wrote:I'll have to be December, as it's the month of my birth and it will take me that long to get up and down the pitch.

You're in!! :lol:
december.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

About what time will the 5 a side run till?
Harry

Postby casey jones » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 am

£100 to play 5-a-side!!!!! Seems excesive to me, especially if you are wanting to enter a non-sponsored team. Obviously there is no recession in your world! 32x100 = £3200, can someone tell me where that is going?
casey jones

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Harry wrote:About what time will the 5 a side run till?

The 5-a-side will run from approx 10.30am until around 4pm.

casey jones wrote:£100 to play 5-a-side!!!!! Seems excesive to me, especially if you are wanting to enter a non-sponsored team. Obviously there is no recession in your world! 32x100 = £3200, can someone tell me where that is going?

If you are unfortunate enough not to be able to secure a sponsor, as a squad of 8 it will cost each player £12.50 to raise the £100 entry fee. That pays for a full days event with each team guaranteed to play 7 games. All games are organised and officiated by fully qualified football coaches who will also act as the first aiders on the day.

All you have to do as a team is turn up, book yourself in and everything is organised for you.

There are the pitches to be marked out and the equipment needed for the day, goals, footballs, bibs (in case of colour clashes) to be bought.

You are competing to win a prize worth well in excess of £1,000, with prizes down to the losing semi finalists.

You will have the kudos of playing on Christie Park and the opportunity to win a trophy presented to the Club by J.B. Christie, The Christie Cup.

I can understand how, without knowing all of the above, it could be perceived as a lot of money, however when it is broken down, the value is hopefully plain to see.

Entry forms and further details are available from MFC Community Sports office or by calling 01524 412125.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Re: Family Fun Day & 5-A-Side competition

Postby Morecambe FC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 am

casey jones wrote:£100 to play 5-a-side!!!!! Seems excesive to me, especially if you are wanting to enter a non-sponsored team. Obviously there is no recession in your world! 32x100 = £3200, can someone tell me where that is going?

As an added extra for entering a team in the 5-a-side competition on Sunday May 9th, each team will receive a voucher that will entitle them to 10 tickets for one League game, of their choice, played at The Globe Arena next year.

The value of this fantastic gesture from the Morecambe Board of Directors is ?????.

You will have to wait for the season and match ticket price announcement over the weekend.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 am

That is a heck of an offer!

I'd expect a Fat Knackers team to be assembled very rapidly now (or as rapidly as we can manage nowadays) we'd already talked about it but nothing had been decided.

Great stuff.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:42 am

shrimper wrote:That is a heck of an offer!

I'd expect a Fat Knackers team to be assembled very rapidly now (or as rapidly as we can manage nowadays) we'd already talked about it but nothing had been decided.

Great stuff.

Yes that makes it cheaper to enter a team than (for the 10) to pay at the gate :o .. :D
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am

Morecambe FC wrote:

As an added extra for entering a team in the 5-a-side competition on Sunday May 9th, each team will receive a voucher that will entitle them to 10 tickets for one League game, of their choice, played at The Globe Arena next year.

The value of this fantastic gesture from the Morecambe Board of Directors is ?????.

You will have to wait for the season and match ticket price announcement over the weekend.

Commercial dept.

I thought personally it was already a great idea and well worth the money, but with the added extra I am sure more people will want to participate!!! well done MFC, Ill send everyone a message on the facebook group for Christie parks last ever game hopefully that should get some more interest :) :)
thegentlegiant

Postby Morecambe FC » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Registrations are now picking up after the Boards very generous offer of 10 tickets to a 2010-11 league game of the teams choice, in return for entering the 5-a-side.

For entry forms or further information please contact MFC Community Sports, directly at the Club or ring 01524 412125. You can pay forthe team over the phone with a credit or debit card. You don't have to let us know your squad until the morning of the event. Which will give you plenty of time to round them up after the Saturdays excesses.

It really is shaping up to be a nail biting end to the season and what better way to spend a Sunday than out with the family and friends in the fresh air having some fun. 8-)

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby Smirnoff Please » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am

I entered my team this morning and when I asked how many other teams were confirmed they said at least 10.

What is wrong with everyone? The chance to play at CP with your mates, a day out with the family, no grief from the ladies. £100 to enter with a chance to win a prize worth over £1,000.

Also i was told this morning that we would be getting 10 free tickets to a game at the Globe Arena, just for entering. Come on people this is a no brainer.

Have the local league teams, north lancs etc, finished by then? Are we as fans telling enough people about this event? I don't know how many teams they need for this to go ahead but am I the only person who thinks it will be a shame if this doesn't happen due to a lack of interest.
Why drink singles when you can order a double.......
Smirnoff Please

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Morecambe FC, you have PM
RedRedWine1

Postby Jody » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:32 am

Places vanishing fast....get your team signed up before it's too late.
Jody

Postby Morecambe FC » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Hot off the press!!!!

Following an operational meeting earlier this evening another team has been entered into the 5-a-side competition. The squad is to be made up of names that will be recognisable to all "shrimps" fans, will they strike fear into the rest of the teams?????

I think the local physios should clear their diaries for the week after the event...... :shock:

Taylor
Hodgson
Robinson
Wright
Howse
Marsdin
Mace
Fagan

Ladies and Gentlemen I present the Morecambe FC "Directors Team". As mentioned earlier in the thread I was already entered as part of another team. Despite numerous attempts to transfer me (mainly to get the average age below retirement level) 2 bottles of Magners was never enough to persuade me not to enjoy this spectacle with everyone else, watching from the sidelines. :lol:

Forget the entrance fee, £100 is a small price to pay, what could be on show that day at Christie Park will be priceless. :)

For further information on how you can get involved in the family fun day and 5-a-side competition please call Jody Davis at the Football Club, 01524 411797 or the MFC Community team on 01524 412125.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby John L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Morecambe FC wrote:Hot off the press!!!!

Following an operational meeting earlier this evening another team has been entered into the 5-a-side competition. The squad is to be made up of names that will be recognisable to all "shrimps" fans, will they strike fear into the rest of the teams?????

I think the local physios should clear their diaries for the week after the event...... :shock:

Taylor
Hodgson
Robinson
Wright
Howse
Marsdin
Mace
Fagan

Ladies and Gentlemen I present the Morecambe FC "Directors Team". As mentioned earlier in the thread I was already entered as part of another team. Despite numerous attempts to transfer me (mainly to get the average age below retirement level) 2 bottles of Magners was never enough to persuade me not to enjoy this spectacle with everyone else, watching from the sidelines. :lol:

Forget the entrance fee, £100 is a small price to pay, what could be on show that day at Christie Park will be priceless. :)

For further information on how you can get involved in the family fun day and 5-a-side competition please call Jody Davis at the Football Club, 01524 411797 or the MFC Community team on 01524 412125.

Commercial dept.

So who gets all YOUR free tickets then??? :lol:
John L

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 am

John L wrote:
Morecambe FC wrote:Hot off the press!!!!

Taylor
Hodgson
Robinson
Wright
Howse
Marsdin
Mace
Fagan

Commercial dept.

So who gets all YOUR free tickets then??? :lol:

Could it be the only ex pro footballer on the Board missing from the line up..... :?: :?: :?:

;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Chesh has just said on Radio Lancs that Sammy won't be happy about the 5 a side going ahead on the pitch although the Final might be played on it? I would certainly go with this if the pitch had to be used again and hopefully it will....

The qualifying rounds could well be played on the school fields :roll:

Maybe we could play beach volleyball at Westgate instead :lol:

Rod has just stated on Radio Lancs that they are reviewing the situation tonight 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Smeggy » Tue May 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Could they not delay the tournament until after the play offs if we make it, I don't want us to cause damage to the pitch but I also don't want to pay £100 to play on a school field.
Smeggy

Postby morecambe mick » Tue May 04, 2010 4:26 pm

I thought the school field was going to have a ruddy great big marquee on it?
morecambe mick

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

An announcement will be made on the OWS tomorrow, Wednesday, regarding the 5-a-side, family fun day and the memorabilia auction all due to take place this Sunday 9th May.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby morecambe mick » Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Morecambe FC wrote:An announcement will be made on the OWS tomorrow, Wednesday, regarding the 5-a-side, family fun day and the memorabilia auction all due to take place this Sunday 9th May.

Commercial dept.

You tease!!
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:17 am

morecambe mick wrote:I thought the school field was going to have a ruddy great big marquee on it?

It could be raining so we don't mind playing indoors! :lol:

Great training session last night lads. The diamond formation worked wonders and those loanees fitted into the squad very well. Looking forward to meeting with them at their place in Carrington later in the week :D :D
marky No.1

Postby Lloydie » Wed May 05, 2010 1:02 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:I thought the school field was going to have a ruddy great big marquee on it?

Great training session last night lads. The diamond formation worked wonders and those loanees fitted into the squad very well. Looking forward to meeting with them at their place in Carrington later in the week :D :D

what's the squad then Jose?
Lloydie

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Lloydie wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

what's the squad then Jose?

Trying to keep it hush hush, Fernando 8-)
marky No.1

Postby KevS » Wed May 05, 2010 1:46 pm

any news on this anouncement yet?
KevS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion