Hard truths

Re: Hard truths

Postby Pandashrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:42 pm

There is no balance on this board. Just because we lost and people want to analyse, discuss or even moan about negatives doesnt mean they should be shot down, especially when they are ,as Rafa would say discussing the fatcs! CC said himself he praises aspects of us that are positive and here he has picked up on a couple that are less so. Its not doom and gloom its the truth (most of the time). Our defense is poor. He never said we are a bad side, Sammy needs to go etc.

If we dont try and build on positives and irradicate the negatives how will we progress!? It's not being fickle it is sorting the good from the bad, and then moving on.
Pandashrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Some people on this thread would be better off holding their tongue and posting tomorrow when things are less heated.
campdave

Postby parceldave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:59 pm

campdave wrote:Some people on this thread would be better off holding their tongue and posting tomorrow when things are less heated.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. :lol: :lol: :lol: . Time to go for some more beer. ;)
parceldave

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:02 pm

im with you parcel time for carling 4 pack sorry for the late messages that would make no sense ;) ;) ;)
darrenlock

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:03 pm

parceldave wrote:
campdave wrote:Some people on this thread would be better off holding their tongue and posting tomorrow when things are less heated.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. :lol: :lol: :lol: . Time to go for some more beer. ;)

yeah get on the STELLA then comeback posting :lol:

then the next day it's a case of :oops:
George Dawes

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 pm

probably be posting tomrrow night due to going gym tomorrow but its only a game of football easy 3points
darrenlock

Postby parceldave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Mark S wrote:
parceldave wrote:
Mark S wrote:Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt

Typical knee-jerk reaction stuff that I expected. Boring and predictable spleen venting.

Carry on, it always comes back to bite you.

:roll:

the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

As opposed to the " Lets bury our head in the sand brigade " .

I would hardly call it a knee jerk reaction when we've only managed 11pts out of the last 10 games . :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yet we are still only 4 points off the play off zone. :D Great eh?

Not if your a Notts County fan and you're expected to lose the 3 games in hand that you have . :o . Realistically we are 7 pts from the play - offs . ;)
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:30 pm

darrenlock wrote:im with you parcel time for carling 4 pack sorry for the late messages that would make no sense ;) ;) ;)

Carling - 4 pack . So you dont like to drink a lot and you dont care what you drink. :lol:

Justo ona ma second liter of Leffeeee , its quiet stronge buut it dusent affect me at tall, then im oft to gillow fore a cupple and then to get waken up by sum rock band int Pub . Ista coming lad . :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

sounds like we were crap today, for me though we lack a defensive midfielder who can tackle and protect the back for, why not try jimbo and haining at cb v bury?

will be intresting to see what SM does in the summer as regards to transfers
lancaster shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 pm

same old same old nothing new we lost a gamje of football and some people think that it's the end of the world!
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm

parceldave wrote:
darrenlock wrote:im with you parcel time for carling 4 pack sorry for the late messages that would make no sense ;) ;) ;)

Carling - 4 pack . So you dont like to drink a lot and you dont care what you drink. :lol:

Justo ona ma second liter of Leffeeee , its quiet stronge buut it dusent affect me at tall, then im oft to gillow fore a cupple and then to get waken up by sum rock band int Pub . Ista coming lad . :D :D :D

Carling is nats p*** whereas Leffe is nectar. Sup it on draught on our annual booze cruise to France. A few litres of Leffe and you wouldn't remember who won today, let alone care! :lol:
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Aspers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 pm

I love logging in on A Sunday morning.
Fell asleep on the lounge waiting for player to come on.
When it did I sleepwalked to my computer, turned it off and went back to sleep :lol:

Glad I did now. :cry:
Aspers

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Aspers wrote:I love logging in on A Sunday morning.
Fell asleep on the lounge waiting for player to come on.
When it did I sleepwalked to my computer, turned it off and went back to sleep :lol:

Glad I did now. :cry:

Are you sure you didn't sleep walk over to the game? Something drastic happened to cause that today??
Burnley Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 pm

To be honest main reason why i love carling/cool light because im a light beer fan as southenener we do things different we do things different as your northereners lol.Booze cruise in france wow my wife 2 b is french she'd love that.

Dont take the nick out of my grammer the keyboard looks like a sick bucket / toiley seat. ;)
darrenlock

Postby wijit » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Mark S wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:Stats don't lie mark !!!

Stats can say what you want. Six points from Nine doesnt sound too bad John.

If only it was as simple as forwards doing a seperate job to defenders.

"Right guys, tactics for today's game is that you strikers score goals and you defenders dont let anyone past you. it cant fail!"

:lol: :lol:

I dont mind constructive criticism but abuse, disrespect and anyone calling MY team 'crap' disappoints me.

Mark, stats are just stats, but facts are facts and on this, CC is right. We are letting in far too many goals, we are failing to play as a decent team unit. The six points from nine (or 11 from ten games, or any other combination) would mean nothing if, and it's a big "if", we needed good goal difference to gain a play off spot. Are we, as a team, playing good enough? The only answer is no. Worse than that, we're not even close to how we should be playing.
Your last line, the tone of which leads me to assume that at some point in the last week you have bought the club outright, is no less insulting to CC or anybody else who wishes to post an opinion which differs from yours than the insult you claim to feel. He has every right to an opinion he has clearly put some thought into, but it is far from disrespectful to post it.
wijit

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Morecambe are lucky due to bigget teams that have folded at Christie Park due to the amazment of us .

This game im sure is a one of i said before that morecambe should do a 4-1-4-1 with mullins playing behind jev's

And Jimbo as a swepper
darrenlock

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 pm

We are all entitled to our opinion, that's true. I have never said anything else. If you read my post again you will see that i was agreeing about stats saying anything you want.

In my opinion ( I take it I am allowed one as well?) the tone of the post was knee jerk and the language chosen was not how he would have said it if he had been in front of the people who he was referring to.

Facts? The facts are that:

CC never said anything about a 'team unit', He said the defence were 'Crap'
We have had two good wins from the previous two matches.
I wasnt there today.
You werent there today.
CC wasnt there today.
Referring to individuals or collectives as 'crap' is disrespectful
We are playing the highest standard of football we have ever played in our history.
We are still only 4 points off the Playoffs

To rant like that (again IMO) was uncalled for. I disagree that thought went into it and would suspect that if the Defence or Sammy asked him about it, he would apologise. Only CC knows that.

BTW I make no apologies for calling them MY team. They are MY team. Same as I refer to the company I work for MY company. The Town I live in MY Town. But I am sure you knew that really. Nice use of sarcasm though. I am sure that there are plenty of others on here that feel the same way.

I agree though that if we were to rely on goal difference for a play off spot then we possibly wouldnt make it. I also agree that is the biggest IF.
Mark S

Postby SPARKYM » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:24 pm

At the end of the day we are a small club with small finances
can not attract the best div 2 players so stop moaning
we are not going to get religated
moving to a new ground next year What more do yo want
whingers
SPARKYM

Postby Harry » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am

We're always going to let in silly goals - EVERY team does. The fact we let in more than most League teams in the country is the reason we're in League 2, as has been said numerous times. It's very slowly improving - we've never been relegated - but one can't expect vast improvements overnight.

And IMO the DEFENDERS couldn't have done anything about the 2 goals today.
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 am

I think given the prolific nature of cc s posts on this, and other fan sites, he may reflect, and see that his post was a bit rubbish, probably will not though, in his own words, he is probably best left ignored :!: :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:25 am

I'm not going to go on a long rant, because to be quite honest i've seen us play alot worse than today. I feel we just lack a leadership at the back at the moment, Artell & Haining have been a good partnership and have looked steady through long periods of games. I just feel its time to give Jimbo another go. He's the club captain and we all know what he can do, great in the air, a fantastic leader, good organiser etc etc. It would be harsh to drop Artell but then again, Sammy has dropped players like Duffy today, when in all fairness he was one of the best players on Tuesday night.

Jimbo in ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Curly » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:38 am

Christies Child wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:I reckon the new defence should be:

Parrish Bentley Haining Wilson

... :o :o :o hell...somebody agrees with me.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, but he's only twelve! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shame about todays result, but no need for knee-jerk reactions.
Bet Utd don't sack fergie. :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:49 am

I feel Mfc are still in a healthy position in the the league and are punching above their weight. It is always hard to go away and play teams at the bottom of the league, well done Cheltenham i hope you stay up. You carnt take it away from the Shrimps ,as they will no dowt go and beat Bury 5 4, entertainment guaranteed. Thats why football is such a wonderfull game :D :D :D :D Carry on Sammy ;)
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 am

Mark S wrote:Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

Typical knee-jerk reaction stuff that I expected. Boring and predictable spleen venting.

Carry on, it always comes back to bite you.

:roll:

8-)

For me we lost today from what i have been told we were poor, teams have there bad days and this was one of them, for me we should just take the loss on the chin and see whats in store over the games to come. Also i would love to see us get in the play-offs but our number 1 priority is surviol and so far so good!!

let's not get disheartened when we lose a game, we should get behind the team and cheer them on, the more noise the better!
thegentlegiant

Postby Simples » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am

CC does not leave the ground early. Having forced his opinions on the main stand he continues around the paddock before going home and forcing them on us.
Simples, innit?
Simples

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion