Morecambe 3 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons, Mullen f/t

Re: Morecambe 3 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons, Mullen f/t

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 pm

what a fantastic game,what do we mahve to do to get the fans turning up,worrying about the new ground,cant see us getting many more
scalehallshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 am

fantastic game looked at one point like it wasnt going to be our night but in the end it was a great come back :D
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 am

Very good game , we could do with a player like their nunber nine , two good teams giving 100 percent, thought their manager looked a bit like prince :D :D
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Harry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

Fantastic battling qualities on display tonight, should have closed down their attacker more for their first goal but the lads did really well to respond and get the goals needed to lift us back up into play-off contention and set us up perfectly to the trip to Cheltenham.
Harry

Postby mounse mk2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:49 am

shrimper wrote:1,500+

One of the best games for a long time. Didn't think it was awful defending for their goals to be honest. The first one he maybe should have been closed down quicker but these things happen, then Barry seemed to lose the flight of it in the air and watched it sail past. Second one their lad caught Will and Arts on the turn, got the run of the ball and finished well.

They had a couple more good chances when we were throwing men forward at 2-1 half way through the second half but other than that we were all over what was a nippy looking Burton side who definitely came to give it a real go.

I'd have been gutted for our players had they not got what they fully deserved tonight. Thought Jevons looked a bit under the weather but still got his goal.

Mullin a good choice for MoM but everyone worked hard and some of the flowing football was breathtaking as we switched it from side to side and made chance after chance.

Hit the post twice, had two deflected just wide, a couple blocked on the line - just a very memorable game.

And how brilliant were the young lads keeping the chanting going for the full 90!

Superb stuff lads. Only one attempt at an offensive song which was soon drowned out and stopped and i think the ladt who started it thought better of it as well and joined in with the other song - fair play.

Great, great night.

Glad I was there.

:D :D

What he said :D :D
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Vinny » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 am

Great game to come back in and win after letting in two well taken, but soft goals against the run of play, making it a really exciting and enjoyable match in the end and a really well earned and deserved win. A great battling team spirit and performance shown by all the players, all over the pitch, tonight and some great goals and amazing near-misses! Just wish we could be as direct sometimes as Burton were when they took their goals. Thought their no.26, Steve Kabba, looked really tricky and sharp.

A great atmosphere generated by the drums and centre of North Stand. Well done!

A memorable and historic occassion being the likely last ever night match at Christie. Not a match to have missed because of some other match on the box. Shame a few more didn't turn up - their loss!

Good team selection, motivation, tactics and use of subs by Sammy.

FACT: with 32 goals for, so far, Morecambe have scored more goals at home than any other team in League Two!

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Martin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 am

A fitting end to night matches at Christie Park. A shame more people weren't there to enjoy it.

One of the best performances of the season. We were all over them, but slack defending gave them a flattering lead. It was more open as the second half progressed, but we were still far and away the better side throughout.

I think that's the first time we've turned a game round this season, having conceded first - Great win!
Martin

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 am

Without question one of the best games for some time and fitting that the last scheduled evening game at CP should be of that quality.

Can't fault the lads determination after going down twice to a Burton side who looked good on the break. Their first goal was down to the familiar problem of allowing too much space and their second the result of some excellent play by the scorer.

If i have to find a fault, it's our inability to hit the target WHEN we have a shot which should be more often. Burton showed us the way. 4 shots on goal...2 goals and 2 that hit the crossbar!

For the first quarter Gaz was finding the going tough but then started to perform as we know how he can. For me the questions are stil being asked of Duffy but as has been said they did double up on him.

Other than a short period after their opener, the North Stand backed the lads, and proved what an inspiration they can be to the 11 on the field.

MOM for me was Mullin with Will very close behind.

Willow was an inspiration when pushed up with the Iron Man taking over in defence. Maybe an option for away games?

An excellent nights entertainment and thanks go to Burton for playing their part.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby paulshrimp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 am

Seasons in the Sun. Great roll call. I saw them all play. How about Steve Done?
paulshrimp

Postby paulshrimp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 am

Seasons in the Sun. Great roll call. I saw them all play. How about Steve Done?
paulshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 am

we are now 9th in the table 2 points off the play offs an both other results went our way last night :D
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:41 am

Yep - you can take the player out of Morecambe but...

Billy-Bob Blackburn deliberately tangled with his own player for Hereford's first goal and then popped one into his own net just to make sure!

Nice one Blackie!

;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 am

AWESOME game. Both teams came to play footie and boy they didn't dissapoint. Anyone who stopped in to watch Man Yoo or wash their hair missed an absolute treat. :D
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 am

Is that 9 now for Drummond in the league this year? Lets hope he hits double figures for the season as his efforts deserve it. How many games has he in total now for the club?
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby parceldave » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 am

hunter8 wrote:class avatar shire shrimp

Cant say the same about the film , goes on forever and hard to concentrate when you dont know how game is going. Went to bar after film and got txt from Paris and we were 2-1 down :o . Second pint of Guiness tasted much better even at €6 when i got nxt txt that core was 3-2. :D
parceldave

Postby John L » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:29 am

Little Shrimp wrote:More great news!!!!!!! Linclon 2-1 Accrigton and Hereford 2-0 Aldershot!!!!!!!!! Wahey :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The winning goals in both of those games were own goals by former Shrimps.... Kempson and Blackburn!!! :ugeek:
John L

Postby burple » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 am

shrimper wrote:Yep - you can take the player out of Morecambe but...

Billy-Bob Blackburn deliberately tangled with his own player for Hereford's first goal and then popped one into his own net just to make sure!

Nice one Blackie!

;)

not only that ex morecambe Kempson scored an OG at accrington to hand Lincoln a 90th minute winner :o

beaten to it :oops:
burple

Postby scalehallshrimp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 pm

been some comments about attendance but all gates were well down last night even leeds only got 18000
scalehallshrimp

Postby Number 1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Shire, that's the best avatar in the history of the world.

(Even if it does breach copyright :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Number 1

Postby darrenlock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Shame about attendance but we got match on gooda friday afternoon soon hope fans turn up.
darrenlock

Postby ockers » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:58 pm

ill check stats on stew drummond
motm for me last night
hes fast approaching 400 games
will feed back
ockers

Postby Posh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Just to echo everyone else.

Fantastic game - probably only the Bradford game in the first league season when Carl Baker scored in the last minute really competes as a night game. End to end - just brilliant.

Fantastic atmosphere - more fool those who didn't turn up, great singing that progressively got everyone joining in

Fantastic football - everyone played well in whole or in part - Garry Hunter's touch to create his run for the second was a highlight but so many more

Fantastic substitution - I've criticised Sammy but he realised that, while Duffy was probably having his best game in a Morecambe shirt, his delivery from the left was always cut back and angled in and were flying over the byline or not giving anyone a chance (something that really annoyed me against Chesterfield). Yet he moved Loz Wilson up to left wing and a killer run and cross from the byline that forwards could attack got us the winner.

Fantastic fun too - when Burton crashed the crossbar for the second time the looks on everyone's faces was hilarious and when Stanners blasted just wide after an awesome move everone pursed up their lips for a big oooooo and then great smiles on their faces. I'd buy the DVD to watch again.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:53 pm

paulshrimp wrote:Seasons in the Sun. Great roll call. I saw them all play. How about Steve Done?

Yes I could have named him, but my roll call was mainly of players who have made things happen when we have been behind in games, although Steve Done would come close to being in a Shrimps all time best midfield wouldn't he?
Btw Perkins was of the RUSS not the DAVID variety!
Actually, I would go so far as to say that last night was right up there with the greatest Tuesday nights at Christie!! :D
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Super game, it could have finished 5-5 there were that many chances.

Thought everyone had a solid game, but special praise to Drummond and Hunter, superb performances i thought.

We always said we needed a goal scoring midfielder, just look at Drummond, he must be double figures now?
Sammy h

Postby John L » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Sammy h wrote:Super game, it could have finished 5-5 there were that many chances.

Funny that, just like the away match in my opinion!
Sammy h wrote:We always said we needed a goal scoring midfielder, just look at Drummond, he must be double figures now?

8 according to last night's programme, so make it 9 now. I think he got 11 last season, joint top scorer with Howe, so a good chance he could exceed that this term?
John L

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion