D'ngton 0 M'cmbe 4 Jevons, Wilson, Drummie, Curtis

Re: D'ngton 0 M'cmbe 4 Jevons, Wilson, Drummie, Curtis

Postby Splodge » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 pm

And this apparently makes our largest away win margin, as well as our longest run without a defeat since joining the league! :D
Splodge

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

and a clean sheet :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Glad we have gone on killed the game off for a change.

I was worried we would just get a draw tonight when if we really have any ambition of pushing on we needed 3 points, these are the games where we normally drop easy points and lack consistancy so it's a cracking result :D

13 points out of 18 from those 6 games starting at Torquay a great return.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Vinny » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 pm

steve mfc wrote:Goal difference looks a lot better now, back to -1

Yep. Up to 13th. 4 points off play-o ....... I MUST STOP IT :P
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby ockers » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:48 pm

gutted i missed this one
cant wait for bury game!!!!
well done lads and to all who travelled on a rotten night well done
fantastic news!!!
ockers

Postby alwaysright » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 pm

I would like to say a MASSIVE WELL DONE to all the players and management of Morecambe FC, excellent result tonight to carry on the great run of form
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 pm

ill second that :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Great result!! Really looking forward to a big game next Tuesday against the other form team in the league. Fantastic how we've gone from looking over our shoulders to looking up in 4 short games. So much to look forward to now!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 pm

ockers wrote:gutted i missed this one
fantastic news!!!

Yeh great news. i make that ;-

5-3-2 1
4-4-2 4

Glad SM came round to my way of thinking ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:04 pm

parceldave wrote:
fantastic news!!!

5-3-2 1
4-4-2 4

i 2nd that and big Jimbo tonight was singing the praises of this new formation saying we have now got pace with Parrish and Wilson as full-backs 8-)
George Dawes

Postby marky » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

The stats make good reading. 5 shots on target, 4 of which brought goals. Much, much better :)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby parceldave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 pm

DawZi wrote:
parceldave wrote:
fantastic news!!!

5-3-2 1
4-4-2 4

i 2nd that and big Jimbo tonight was singing the praises of this new formation saying we have now got pace with Parrish and Wilson as full-backs 8-)

Will he get his place back. :?: :o
parceldave

Postby MorecambeMickey » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Just on the way back now, shocking weather, cracking second half performance. Wilson easily man of the match, stunning goal, honerable mentions to Twissy, Stanners, Jevo and Parrish. Killed the game off superbly, Darlington couldn't cope with our movement and passing. By the way, lovely finish from Wayne :lol:
MorecambeMickey

Postby Posh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:11 pm

P/T Indie wrote:13 points out of 18 from those 6 games starting at Torquay a great return.

And should have been 15 as we were done by the ref at Torquay.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:14 pm

parceldave wrote:
DawZi wrote:i 2nd that and big Jimbo tonight was singing the praises of this new formation saying we have now got pace with Parrish and Wilson as full-backs 8-)

he will eventually, but id keep the exact same team until a change of results or injuries suspension's
George Dawes

Postby eggchaser » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:21 pm

DawZi wrote:
parceldave wrote:
DawZi wrote:i 2nd that and big Jimbo tonight was singing the praises of this new formation saying we have now got pace with Parrish and Wilson as full-backs 8-)

he will eventually, but id keep the exact same team until a change of results or injuries suspension's

If It aint broke...
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Martin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 pm

That was a superb result and tells the rest of the league at last that we are a side to be reckoned with.

All of a sudden, the play offs look very close!
Martin

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:21 pm

great result and we killed someone off was only saying the other day how we would but 4 or 5 past someone any time soon and we have done! can't wait for next Tuesday now we have nothing to lose :D
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:51 pm

parceldave wrote:
fantastic news!!!

5-3-2 1
4-4-2 4

Go on then, I'll bite...

...and what would the 'formations' score have been last season?

We played well enough with 5-3-2 to get some very good results against good teams this season; it should have brought us three points from a great display at Torquay and it got us three against Lincoln.
I reckon he reverted after seeing how easily Carlisle's full-backs snuffed out Wilson and Wainwright.

Then he tried 4-4-2 (or more like a 4-3-3 with Twissy pushing forward a lot) at Crewe in preparation for the replay then stuck with it when he saw how effective Parrish had become in that line-up.

I don't think it was a general '5-3-2 doesn't work' statement.

Anyway, it's about players.

With Parrish and Haining he can make it a flat back four but don't be surprised if he changes formation again before the season is out - and don't get so hung up on it if he does. He may change it again for specific opponents, that's a manager's job.

I'd prefer that to someone who sticks to ANY particular formation just because that's how his teams have always played.
No 'formation' is intrinsically right or wrong, better or worse, it depends on the players.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:54 pm

just got back from an excellent display,you have to feel sorry for the home crowd having to watch that rubbish from their team as well as only 1800 in a 27000 cpacity stadium.I cannot see any way but the drop for darlo.For us wilson was superb,if he keeps playing like this someone will be bidding for him,he must be the best left back in our division.Thought our defence played really well,All credit to sammy after a poor 1st half mixed it up in 2nd pushing wilson further forward and he really made his presence felt with several superb sorties up their right flank.Subs were inspired,duffy looked brill when he came on,they could not get the ball off him.Wainwight on one wing and duffy on the other side frightened them silly and kept thier defence very busy
a great result and we really are beginning to motor now
scalehallshrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 am

Splodge wrote:And this apparently makes our largest away win margin, as well as our longest run without a defeat since joining the league! :D

It is our longest run of league victories in the FL (4), but not the longest run without defeat (last season we went 12 league games unbeaten from the end of Jan until March). It is the first time we have won 4 league games on the bounce since the back end of the 2005/06 campaign where we won our last 5 league games to sneak a play-off place.

Great second half display from our lads last night, the first was quite poor from both sides but perhaps Darlo went into the break looking slightly stronger. The Quakers missed a guilt edged chance shooting straight at Roche from close range after taking the ball round a couple of defenders. It was such a good chance, that despite Darlo offering little else in the half I felt we were lucky to go in to the break level.

Whatever Sammy said at half-time really did the trick, we seemed full of running and showed good movement off the ball which gave us options in the second stanza (Mike 'Stevo' Stephenson line). Perhaps in the first we were a little static and wasteful with possession. After the first goal went in we were grew in confidence and looked like scoring every time we went forward. Plenty of shots from distance which were mainly wide of the mark, but something I think we don't do enough of. We have been trying to walk it in at times this season, which can become predictable to defend against. By mixing it up we kept Darlo honest and on their toes. All the goals were well executed, Wilson with a goal that was similar to his burst against Cheltenham. He must be an absolute nightmare to defend against. At the speed he carries the ball, a slight touch from the defender and it's a penalty. Curtis' will be on a poorly constructed goalkeeping howlers DVD in years to come, stocked at all good DVD shops and some rubbish ones as well.

I thought Drummond and Stanley had good second halves, both making positive contributions in attack and defence. Massive headache for Sammy when Panther is back. Hunter did a job on the right (as he would anywhere that you ask him to play) but he really is much better in the middle. Four players who have looked good in the middle of the park at various points of the season, with Craney to also fit in somewhere?!? Ouch. Twiss was a little off the pace, seemed to be out of position and in the middle of the park a lot in the first half. Other than the great chance they had the other threatening bits of build up play seemed to come down his flank. On another day a better side would have put Wilson under more pressure. Great substitution bringing Duffy on, just the sort of 15 minutes he needed. Came on in a no pressure situation and looked the business. Plenty of skill and beat his man every time. That will give him confidence to take forward.

Despite playing well, Darlington crumbled after the first goal and at times it looked far too easy. Bury will be a much stiffer test to see just how far we have come. Glad I'm not a Darlo fan, £18 to watch that every other week. Perhaps that explains the 1,700 crowd (which for them and in that stadium is terrible). They remind me of Mansfield, try to get it on the deck and play football but ultimately fail spectacularly. Delighted with the 3 points, and the second half. Play-off bound!

Sammy Mac's Barmy Army!
RedRedWine1

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Oh my word there is a lesson on how not to defend :lol:

what was their CB doing for the first goal, Great goal by wilson but their full back should have made more of an effort, Drummond was all alone in the middle of the box and as for the 4th :oops:

Defending like that darlo are in big trouble but for once we took our chances which makes a nice change.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 am

Great result took our "gifts" well :lol:

Away fans gather in anticipation
dalo1.JPG

darlo2.JPG

Dire 1st half. Good to see great improvement in the 2nd half. Amazing how the atmosphere and the moans soon change to glee
darlo4.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:16 am

Unless you're Andy Brown of course :lol:
dalo3.JPG

Very sad to see the demise of a Football Club right in front of your eyes. I can understand them having to close the main bar leaving just the Corner Bar open for a Match and it was lucky for them that we were there to fill it!

Such a Stadium still needs stewarding so we were surrounded for most of the game. A head count, not including the ones out of sight, was around 50 so that about one for every 33 fans.
They must be losing money by the bucketload.
Our end had about one steward to 4 fans 8-)

I wish them good luck as long as they are 3 places or more behind us, however after that performance I think they will be well adrift by Christmas.

WE WANT 9,! WE WANT 9!, WE WANT 9! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Aspers » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Thought it was a mistake on BBC.
0-4 came on here and Happy Days.
I do feel sorry for Darlo, I knew a girl from Darlington in the 80's Once or Twice.
8-)
Aspers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion