Morecambe 0 Carlisle 1 f/t

Re: Morecambe 0 Carlisle 1 f/t

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:29 pm

I think we need to do some shotting practice did their keeper make an actual save last night?

For all our possesion and nice passing from side to side we need more of a cutting edge going forward. This is why we keep hearing "we played well, we were unlucky etc etc)

As mentioned Jevons runs the channels well and works hard but when we want strikers in the box they are never there this has been the problem for years even with carlton, Blinkhorn etc.
Do we need to look at changing our approach and game plan?
When we put crosses is there is never anyone at the back post and sometimes not even in the box.

For me Mullin isn't really doing it at the moment he wastes far to many chances I would have a change up front with Twiss & Jevons and instructing Jevons to stay up top so hopefully Twiss can play balls through to him like he did at Crewe. Plan B would be Curtis & Jevons playing off each and them trying to stay in the box and playing with wingers to get crosses into them. Playing with 3 Center midfilders and one winger doesn't really work either.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby steve mfc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:27 pm

campdave wrote:Shame to give away such a soft goal at the end. After that, both teams only had a couple of decent chances, didn't feel either keeper had a lot of work to do.

I think we wasted a lot of possession on the edge of the Carlisle box trying to thread balls through the middle when it might have been better to get the ball out wide and crossed in.
Still felt it was a decent performance over all, and a similar one at the weekend against Cheltenham will hopefully see a result in our favour.

Interesting you should say that because when i was at work today i was thinking the opposite, to me we spent to much time putting the ball out wide to cross it in to little effect particularly in the second half.

I wish we would try to thread the ball through more rather than take the easy opposition and pass it sideways, the problem is that players make good runs only for the ball not to come then you get the situation where the ball is played through but the player hasn't made the run. The chance that Stanley had was a good example of how effective it can be, lets face it we don't have enough pace up front to get past the defence the only way we can do it is by good movement and passing.

If Drummond had been playing last night it might have paid off crossing the ball into the box but as it was it had little or no effect, appart from set pieces when the centre backs are in the box.
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 pm

steve mfc wrote:
campdave wrote:Shame to give away such a soft goal at the end. After that, both teams only had a couple of decent chances, didn't feel either keeper had a lot of work to do.

I think we wasted a lot of possession on the edge of the Carlisle box trying to thread balls through the middle when it might have been better to get the ball out wide and crossed in.
Still felt it was a decent performance over all, and a similar one at the weekend against Cheltenham will hopefully see a result in our favour.

Interesting you should say that because when i was at work today i was thinking the opposite, to me we spent to much time putting the ball out wide to cross it in to little effect particularly in the second half.

I wish we would try to thread the ball through more rather than take the easy opposition and pass it sideways, the problem is that players make good runs only for the ball not to come then you get the situation where the ball is played through but the player hasn't made the run. The chance that Stanley had was a good example of how effective it can be, lets face it we don't have enough pace up front to get past the defence the only way we can do it is by good movement and passing.If Drummond had been playing last night it might have paid off crossing the ball into the box but as it was it had little or no effect, appart from set pieces when the centre backs are in the box.

I doubt many would disagree with that. :o

The need for somebody with pace is for all to see. The solution may be close to 'home', but could we afford to gamble.... :?: :?: :?:

For me, we can't afford NOT to gamble.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:29 pm

[quote="P/T Indie"]I think we need to do some shotting practice did their keeper make an actual save last night?quote]

Bingo!!! You know our players cant shoot for sh!t when you have to stay focussed on them practicing when stood in the North Stand or you'll get a football to the side of the face.
I mean seriously what type of paid footballer cant hit the back of an open net, whilst at the same time people are getting hit in the crowd because of it....yes i find it funny only because i've wised up to what a joke the shooting ability is of our team!
But it's no different in a match, the same bad attempt that just rises and rises and rises.....................................................................................................................................................................and rises over the goal.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby steve mfc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:44 pm

ezz wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:I think we need to do some shotting practice did their keeper make an actual save last night?quote]

Bingo!!! You know our players cant shoot for sh!t when you have to stay focussed on them practicing when stood in the North Stand or you'll get a football to the side of the face.
I mean seriously what type of paid footballer cant hit the back of an open net, whilst at the same time people are getting hit in the crowd because of it....yes i find it funny only because i've wised up to what a joke the shooting ability is of our team!
But it's no different in a match, the same bad attempt that just rises and rises and rises.....................................................................................................................................................................and rises over the goal.

I think you may just have come up with the answer to our problems lets put a volunteer behind the nets with a pie in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, they are bound to hit the target :D
steve mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm

how about putting will hainings mrs behind goal.........

surely then the goals will flow 8-) 8-)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:37 am

Craney & Wlson are never shy to shoot, it's i just Jevons i wish would be more selfish when he's in the box

am sure he's capable of playing as a out and out striker with Twissy playing off him
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:09 am

Christies Child wrote:
For me, we can't afford NOT to gamble.

To target the play-offs you mean? Expensive gamble, as I don't think we're in danger of being relegated.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:29 am

My only real criticism apart from no-one hitting the blimmin target was a couple of times when Gary and Laurence had the ball out wide but, with space in front of them, they immediately crossed it hopefully into a crowded box when they could have taken it ten yards further and threatened the area themselves.

They both have good dribbling skills and, in the box, they can cause problems as defenders fear a mistimed tackle.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion