Crewe 1 Morecambe 2 Jimbo, Jevons f/t

Re: Crewe 1 Morecambe 2 Jimbo, Jevons f/t

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 pm

ockers wrote:
mazatec wrote:parrish outstanding he gave the goal away, despite having ample time to clear.hes a liability to the team.

Mazatec

Andy Parrish made one mistake today he was elaborate with his attempts to clear
had he not slipped and he delivered the ball up the pitch we would all be saying fantastic cover defending
as it is he should have hit the chip shop outside with his clearance
some great cover tackles from andy and clearances throughout the game
he will do fo me as will mr haining

liability to the team??
no chance mate

man of the match last week and it was a toss up between him and phil jevons today
gone with Jevo today though great work rate and helpng his team out over the park and a cracking goal hes looking the dogs at the mo!!!

...just proves that I've been right about PJ all season, although I did ask the question last week 'si PJ playing'..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ockers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:31 pm

he's looking a quality signing neil
his goal was total quality from the best pass of the game
ockers

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:33 pm

ockers wrote:he's looking a quality signing neil

The only thing Twiss did IMO, looked unfit/disinterested in the 1st half, and not much better when pushed upfront when PJ went off.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:47 pm

outsider wrote:

The only thing Twiss did IMO, looked unfit/disinterested in the 1st half, and not much better when pushed upfront when PJ went off.

Obviously I wasn't there but didn't Twiss hit the post from half way and deliver the corner that led to our first goal?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Keith wrote:
outsider wrote:

Obviously I wasn't there but didn't Twiss hit the post from half way and deliver the corner that led to our first goal?

it was an awesome strike from 35 yards keith which took a slight bobble bounce with the wind on to the foot of the post he deserved the goal it should have been awesome from twissy and i said the pass for jevons in the first half was fantastic
to outsider.....as chas and dave used to sing theyre aint no pleasing you

onwards and upwards great three points today
away support was 261
ockers

Postby ockers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Keith wrote:
outsider wrote:

it was an awesome strike from 35 yards keith which took a slight bobble bounce with the wind on to the foot of the post he deserved the goal it should have been awesome from twissy and i said the pass for jevons in the first half was fantastic
to outsider.....as chas and dave used to sing theyre aint no pleasing you

onwards and upwards great three points today
away support was 261
ockers

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Just saying it as i saw it from his side of the pitch in the 1st half, not from up in the god's, ok if you like your players doing 3 things in a game 1) corner for 1st goal, 2) pass for 2nd 3) shot from 35yrds that hit the post. That was his involvement, as i said apart from that he looked disinterested
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:29 pm

outsider wrote:ok if you like your players doing 3 things in a game 1) corner for 1st goal, 2) pass for 2nd 3) shot from 35yrds that hit the post.

If that player creates two goals in every game, I'll be happy! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:34 pm

outsider wrote:Just saying it as i saw it from his side of the pitch in the 1st half, not from up in the god's, ok if you like your players doing 3 things in a game 1) corner for 1st goal, 2) pass for 2nd 3) shot from 35yrds that hit the post. That was his involvement, as i said apart from that he looked disinterested

Sorry but thats what I want any of our attacking players to do, lots of graft doesn't win a game but one or 2 moments of magic does. We need players like that or all the other players hard work will go un done.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:12 am

Keith wrote:
outsider wrote:

yes he did though Twissy had a good game today to be honest
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:28 am

ockers wrote:
mazatec wrote:parrish outstanding he gave the goal away, despite having ample time to clear.hes a liability to the team.

Mazatec

Andy Parrish made one mistake today he was elaborate with his attempts to clear
had he not slipped and he delivered the ball up the pitch we would all be saying fantastic cover defending
as it is he should have hit the chip shop outside with his clearance
some great cover tackles from andy and clearances throughout the game
he will do fo me as will mr haining

liability to the team??
no chance mate

man of the match last week and it was a toss up between him and phil jevons today
gone with Jevo today though great work rate and helpng his team out over the park and a cracking goal hes looking the dogs at the mo!!!

Bladdy ell almost agree Sean liability to the team in a great BACK FOUR bollox.
Gary Hunter M.oM by a country mile, his tacklng and distribution was awesome. If all other players had his commitment we would be top 5. Twissy was a bit lazy , but what a fkin pass to Jevons,

who had 1 of his better games for Morecambe and at end of game gave the fists like he was commited to the team.Same back four on Tuesday please, Twissy needs to be on left , he's defo not a right winger.
parceldave

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:06 am

outsider wrote:Just saying it as i saw it from his side of the pitch in the 1st half, not from up in the god's, ok if you like your players doing 3 things in a game 1) corner for 1st goal, 2) pass for 2nd 3) shot from 35yrds that hit the post. That was his involvement, as i said apart from that he looked disinterested

Pretty good involvement if you ask me. Sounds like bollocks you be talking.
MorecambeMickey

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:10 am

I would assume that you were not at Crewe yesterday.

Parrish was excellent with some great last ditch tackles and interceptions.

A 21 year old defender forcing his way into Morecambe's team. That will be very disappointing to the people who think Sammy doesn't encourage youth.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:08 am

Parrish has really come into his own recently with some very solid performances. Last season I'd written him off as not good enough. Now he's justifiably in the team on merit and seems to be maturing all the time. Unjustifiable criticism of him on here for yesterdays performance from people who no doubt weren't there. His all round contribution far outweighed any perceived mistake for their equaliser.

Garry Hunter. Excellent! Like a terrier, never gives the opposition an inch. In his early days his distribution was usually poor but that seems far behind him now. One of the first names on the team sheet.

Twissy. Yes he did make some telling contributions yesterday but you have to question his mobility when playing wide right. There were several occasions when I thought he could have moved into space with a bit more effort to give us options for an outlet when moving forward. When Mullin went off in the second half and he moved into the middle he suddenly came to life and put himself about much more.

All in all a very good performance against a Crewe team who have useful players (particularly up front) but seem to be playing with no confidence.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 pm

I said at the time Andy Parrish was immense yesterday and his mobility has got to be in his favour. I can see what people are saying about Twissy in that he does look disinterested at times when on the right wing inparticular, as he does'nt seem to want to run into the space. he came into it more when positioned down the middle and, as has previously been said, his clinical pass for the 2nd goal was awesome :D

i actually thought it was Jevo that looped the ball over to hit the post as I thought it came off white boots - off to specsavers me thinks :lol:

Good crowd involvement yesterday. Barmy Army must have lasted 18 minutes :roll:
crewebarmyarmy1.JPG

Great day great result. Well done and roll on Tuesday :D

Our 1st away win of the season comes in November whereas last season it was'nt until the last week in January :o

JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY
O WHAT FUN IT IS TO SEE MORECAMBE WIN AWAY :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Vinny » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 pm

A well deserved and long awaited away win :D with several good individual performances as already mentioned. The players worked hard for each other in conditions that were not easy at times, playing into low blinding sun in first half and a strong wind that must have made it difficult to play a controlled game, but we rode our luck for once and deserved the win. Thought it was the desire of the team that carried us through and the good away following played their part and although the players did enough to secure the points, I thought they were also saving themselves for the match on Tuesday and the excitement that could bring.

Now we can look forward to Tuesday night with confidence. There should be a good crowd on and an exciting cup atmosphere. Get yourselves your mates down in good time and give the team some noisy support. COME ON U SHRIMPS!!! SAMMY MAC'S BARMY ARMY!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:07 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I said at the time Andy Parrish was immense yesterday and his mobility has got to be in his favour. I can see what people are saying about Twissy in that he does look disinterested at times when on the right wing inparticular, as he does'nt seem to want to run into the space. he came into it more when positioned down the middle and, as has previously been said, his clinical pass for the 2nd goal was awesome :D

i actually thought it was Jevo that looped the ball over to hit the post as I thought it came off white boots - off to specsavers me thinks :lol:

Good crowd involvement yesterday. Barmy Army must have lasted 18 minutes :roll:
crewebarmyarmy1.JPG

Great day great result. Well done and roll on Tuesday :D

Our 1st away win of the season comes in November whereas last season it was'nt until the last week in January :o
JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY
O WHAT FUN IT IS TO SEE MORECAMBE WIN AWAY :D

first away win last season also came in November at Chester.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:48 pm

To be fair Twissy always looks like that, the same was for Thommo who would look disinterested one point then bang! assist a minute later or goal.... As I said before it's what we need sometimes, saving some energy to produce some magic.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 pm

hey parceldave
glad we agree lol
your lad did great yesterday
now get me records delivered!!!
:lol:
ockers

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:35 pm

ockers wrote:hey parceldave
glad we agree lol
your lad did great yesterday
now get me records delivered!!!

You order em son and i'll deliver em .

Just make sure your home because your neighbour dont like getting knocked up at 07.30 :lol:

My lad :?:
parceldave

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:54 pm

ockers wrote:now get me programmes delivered!!!

I've corrected the quote for you Sean! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Keith wrote:
ockers wrote:now get me programmes delivered!!!

I've corrected the quote for you Sean! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for the reminder keith!!!!!
no worries lad
are you over satdi?
ockers

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:18 pm

ockers wrote:are you over satdi?

that depends upon whether we've got a game the following Satdi! 8-)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Keith wrote:
ockers wrote:are you over satdi?

that depends upon whether we've got a game the following Satdi! 8-)

I just hope they've got tinternet in Dublin and a big screen that Satdi ;)
parceldave

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 am

Twissy had a job to do and did it well. Nothing much came at us from down his flank. He had Mullin and Jevons in front of him so, I imagine, was under instruction not to commit himself forward. He tracked back well to help out the midfield.

Jevons was immense. One minute he was getting involved in an attack in their box, next he was running back to tackle on the edge of ours.

Hunter was all over the pitch and didn't give their midfielders a second's peace.

Roche had one punch when I thought he could have collected the ball and another when he didn't come off his line when he should but otherwise was good, making a couple of key saves at the end of the first half.

Parrish slipped in worsening conditions when he tried to clear to let them in for the goal but other than that he was excellent all afternoon.

He was good in the air and then had the alertness to mop up when the ball got on the floor. He timed his tackles superbly and, after winning the ball, was up quickly to bring it out of defence and set up attacks.

The best thing (apart from the overall workrate) for me was how well we kept the ball after they'd scored.

It was a great substitution by Sammy, taking off Mullin to bring on Wainer and push Twissy up.

Mullin did okay but with him there we tended to clear our lines by hoofing it up - then it was lost because Mullin was isolated and came back to us.

With Wainer as an out-ball we kept it on the deck and played it to feet which retained possession really well. Twissy, Jevons and, particularly Craney, were immaculate in that respect and that's why we won this one instead of throwing it away like we have done previously.

I think that showed that we've learned a lot this season.

A great reward for a lot of really hard work on and off the pitch.

Well done the lot of you.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion