Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Posh wrote:Be fair to the man.

This time last season

Played 14 Wins 1 Points 10 Position 23rd*

This season

Played 14 Wins 1 Points 12 Position 21st

We're on the up!!!

*Removing points discounts for Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham

Oh for Gods sake pull your head out of your arse! Utter crap in the 2nd half today.

Bye Bye Sammy...not good enough! End of.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Re: Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Postby Red Army » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Southgate got sacked at boro when 4th in league - hope our directors and chairman dont wait till we get relegated before acting
Red Army

Postby Posh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:Oh for Gods sake pull your head out of your arse!

I may possibly have been extracting the urine. Glad to see I got a nibble so quickly though. :mrgreen:
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:49 pm

we've got the players to succeed it's who assembles them together tactically at fault

as am sure as hell every player enjoys winning matches
George Dawes

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Posh wrote:

I may possibly have been extracting the urine. Glad to see I got a nibble so quickly though. :mrgreen:

Oh I forgot how funny it is to see a second rate side put 4 past us at home! How we all must have laughed :roll:

I bet there will be a few people getting their CV's in shape tonight. Other than Drummond and Hunter everyone else looked average at best today. So much for the two easy home games were Sammy would turn things round. Pointless subs made at too late a time by a manager on his way out.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby Peperami no. 1 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Do not think removing Sammy is the answer, however there obviously does need to be some changes in tactics / starting XI.

I do have a couple of criticisms which are not just based on today's performance and have been said a few times on SV's. I cannot think of many substitutions this season or last that make much sense. Taking of Laurence Wilson who IMO was our best player today seemed to change the game. Surely it is about time we gave Henry McStay an opportunity in the back four. He did really well when called upon last season, before picking up an injury.

When Sammy says the next two home games are important and must win I would have thought starting more positively was imperative. We switched to 442 today I would like to see us revert to this system at home, play our football and attack teams.

For all those calling for Sammy to go I would be really interested to here who they would get in, with his experience, contacts and reputation. I do not think we would have the squad we have right now if it was not for Sammy and Mark.

Lets hope the management team and players are still in the dressing room sorting out the problems so we on kick on from here.
Peperami no. 1

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
Posh wrote:

Oh I forgot how funny it is to see a second rate side put 4 past us at home! How we all must have laughed :roll:

I bet there will be a few people getting their CV's in shape tonight. Other than Drummond and Hunter everyone else looked average at best today. So much for the two easy home games were Sammy would turn things round. Pointless subs made at too late a time by a manager on his way out.

Just wanted to add Wilson to that short list. He was immense today.
james456

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:59 pm

For all those calling for Sammy to go I would be really interested to here who they would get in, with his experience

Same line used when Harvey was taking us in circles and look what happend then! I am sure that now we are in the Football League there would be a long list of out of work managers or ex-players who could more than do a job for us.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Peperami no. 1 wrote:Do not think removing Sammy is the answer, however there obviously does need to be some changes in tactics / starting XI.

I do have a couple of criticisms which are not just based on today's performance and have been said a few times on SV's. I cannot think of many substitutions this season or last that make much sense. Taking of Laurence Wilson who IMO was our best player today seemed to change the game. Surely it is about time we gave Henry McStay an opportunity in the back four. He did really well when called upon last season, before picking up an injury.

When Sammy says the next two home games are important and must win I would have thought starting more positively was imperative. We switched to 442 today I would like to see us revert to this system at home, play our football and attack teams.

For all those calling for Sammy to go I would be really interested to here who they would get in, with his experience, contacts and reputation. I do not think we would have the squad we have right now if it was not for Sammy and Mark.

Lets hope the management team and players are still in the dressing room sorting out the problems so we on kick on from here.

Agree with most of that.

Everyone is saying "Sammy out, Sammy out" but few people are actually suggesting what tactics a new manager would use to get the required results or even who the new manager would be. I'm not saying Sammy should stay or go but if you're going to get rid of the management, you have to have some idea of who's going to come in and turn things around just like that.
james456

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Do we want to keep the same squad Peperami , they dont appear to be doing us much good ,or is it just the manager
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm

SM reminds me of a L2 version of Bryan Robson, Kevin Keegan decent blokes just tactically inept and only good at pulling players in because of there past reputations as a players
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Posh wrote:Be fair to the man.

This time last season

Played 14 Wins 1 Points 10 Position 23rd*

This season

Played 14 Wins 1 Points 12 Position 21st

We're on the up!!!

*Removing points discounts for Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham

Thats the problem for the past three seasons we have had these shocking runs last year was it 3 wins in 30 or something daft.

One win in 14 is not good enough.

Today we were shocking to throw another lead away and end up loosing 4v2 is not good enough.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Forgot to say we should be on the phone to Accy asking them how much they want for Coleman they won again today away at Rochdale!
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Red Army » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:18 pm

John Coleman would be here tomorrow if he was offered the job and we could bring in jimmy ryan in January - will the board have the balls to get rid i very much doubt it
Red Army

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:20 pm

I think most of us can agree the squad we have is good enough for League 2 and fair play to Sammy and Mark for building it but the problem is match days. Squad selection, tactics and substitutions Sammy gets wrong I feel. He knew what to do to get us out the Conference and top job he did against all odds however today was baffling. Taking off Wilson (my MOM) and Duffy I did not understand at all. Substitutions are simple. You take off a winger for a holding midfielder will not create a goal.
Duffman

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:29 pm

For those who want Coleman....fat chance really. He's not going to abandon Accy and join their local rivals......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:34 pm

ezz wrote:For those who want Coleman....fat chance really. He's not going to abandon Accy and join their local rivals......

No disrespect to Accrington but we've have got more going for us here than they have. Financially secure, new ground etcb but I think he'd only leave to go to a League 1 team which I feel he deserves a chance at.
Duffman

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Yes he also loves Accy I wouldn't jump ship to go manage their rivals
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Peperami no. 1 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:39 pm

parkyboy wrote:Do we want to keep the same squad Peperami , they dont appear to be doing us much good ,or is it just the manager

Manager and players are all too blame, it is called collective responsibility. Why change the manager and get someone else in who does not know the players. We have assembled a strong squad who simply need to do better supported by some better decision making by Sammy.

We have earned our right to league football but do not have a divine right to hold onto it. I am as frustrated as most shrimps fans and just hope some positive results can steer us to mid table before the turn of the year.
Peperami no. 1

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:40 pm

Why change the manager and get someone else in who does not know the players

Because they may pick players on ability and form and not just name alone!
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

Really?? I thought we had our best team out??
Are you saying that we shouldn't put the inform players on (whoever they are as we havn't been winning)
Again, who's going to come in and wave their magic wand to make us win?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:45 pm

ezz wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

Are you saying that we shouldn't put the inform players on (whoever they are as we havn't been winning)

it's about opinion in if we had our best team out today, i think not
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:49 pm

As said in a previous post the players who deserve leaving out for various reasons know damn well that this boss wont leave them out
parkyboy

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Who gives a flying f--- at a time like this :!:

I hope Twissy, Danny and Andy Parish are all ok? Brings things into perspective!! Life is too short.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:51 pm

ezz wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

Anyone can see that some players get a start no matter how they are playing, while others who deserve a chance don't get a look in. As for who could come in, well I am more than sure that a decent short list of applicants could be drawn up. Until you know who is interested there would be no point in guessing. There are many an ex-player or out of work manager who would come to the club with both hunger and passion.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion