Lancaster traffic last night

Re: Lancaster traffic last night

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:02 pm

The very same County Council who refuse even to consider roundabouts as an alternative.

TESCO's in Carnforth is a classic case of where a roundabout would have been better than traffic lights.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Christies Child wrote:The very same County Council who refuse even to consider roundabouts as an alternative.

TESCO's in Carnforth is a classic case of where a roundabout would have been better than traffic lights.

A second one would be outside the new campus of Lanc Uni on the A6...
Weetabix Kid

Postby Suzi Quatro » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:24 pm

I would suggest poor standards of driving as well as the increasing amount of car users on the roads. The roads were bad on Thursday evening as well and at one stage, car users were stuck for about 30minutes.
Suzi Quatro

Postby Richard Head » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 am

Our street in Lancaster was virtually impassable for most of last week and is icy again this morning so it was good to see the council gritting the car park outside Currys last night. Nice to see they have got their priorities right
Richard Head

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Richard Head wrote:Our street in Lancaster was virtually impassable for most of last week and is icy again this morning so it was good to see the council gritting the car park outside Currys last night. Nice to see they have got their priorities right

Obviously, you could live on Bowerham or Caton Road and reply to totally blow this out of the water...

...but if, as I suspect, you live on a relatively quiet residential street, then I would say the council have their priorities exactly right. Presuming they are responsible for that car park, which would see the most traffic yesterday? Which would most likely result in a pedestrian being hit if a car skidded out of control? Which would result in a legal claim if a pedestrian slipped? If the grit used in the car park was used elsewhere, how many streets would it do? One? Two at the most?

So the council used a resource that would have kept one or two small residential roads clear on a thoroughfare that thousands of people will have used. Priorities spot on I'd have thought.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Richard Head » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Residential Street or not i cant see why a private car park would take priority.

Dont know how many accidents there have been outside Currys but on our street we have had one pensioner who needed hospital treatment after slipping, at least 2 traffic accidents caused by the snow and ice, numerous delivery vans stuck and overflowing bins and recycling boxes beacause the bin men have not risked coming down here for over 2 weeks
Richard Head

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:05 am

Richard Head wrote:Residential Street or not i cant see why a private car park would take priority.

Keith wrote:Presuming they are responsible for that car park...

:roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion