End of an Era gear

Re: End of an Era gear

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:05 pm

mainstandwrinkly wrote:thanks for your interesting comments on my reply , firstly i dont think i am living in the past its just that the stuff in the club shop seems dear compared to similar goods on the high street.can anyone seriously tell me that those replica shirts are worth 40 pounds ? i know its the same at other clubs but that doesn't make it right. there was a game last year when the chairman said he wanted to see loads of people in red so they knocked down the shirts to ten pounds ,i think thats roughly the price they should be in the first place .i know that buying this gear puts money into the club but i know where all this stuff is made and how much it costs and i still say that sticking a morecambe badge on a 10 pound coat shouldnt suddenly make it worth over 40 pounds.

You haven't got a clue.
durhamshrimp

Re: End of an Era gear

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:48 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:
mainstandwrinkly wrote:thanks for your interesting comments on my reply , firstly i dont think i am living in the past its just that the stuff in the club shop seems dear compared to similar goods on the high street.can anyone seriously tell me that those replica shirts are worth 40 pounds ? i know its the same at other clubs but that doesn't make it right. there was a game last year when the chairman said he wanted to see loads of people in red so they knocked down the shirts to ten pounds ,i think thats roughly the price they should be in the first place .i know that buying this gear puts money into the club but i know where all this stuff is made and how much it costs and i still say that sticking a morecambe badge on a 10 pound coat shouldnt suddenly make it worth over 40 pounds.

You haven't got a clue.

That probably doesn't help the debate along. While I agree generally with Shrimper's post, that doesn't mean mainstandwrinkly doesn't have an opinion or that he shouldn't be allowed to share it. As it is, there is some validity in his comments, in that here is a potential customer who was a customer in the past, but who is now priced out of the market. ANY business should listen to that and take it on board. They may choose not to ACT upon the information, but when 'feedback' (AKA Market Research) is offered up for free, then that has value.

What is interesting to look at is why for some people, adding that badge to a ten pound coat DOES make it worth forty pounds?

And to play devil's advocate, what if the club end up with one £15 item left after a print run of 200, that is, at face value, good judgement. However, if they could have had that one left from a print run of 400 if they'd been priced at £10, would that be better judgement?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion