Opinions and Blind Faith!

Re: Opinions and Blind Faith!

Postby Harry » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Number 1 wrote:Quite apart from contradicting himself yet again, Ned has missed the point completely. He has also insulted my intelligence, and I suspect other people's too.

Whilst some people accept that they have "Blind faith" (and what would be wrong with that anyway?) others simply profess to have "Patience". That's certainly the way I see it. As Broadway rightly points out, the time to judge is at the end of the season, although I would concede that after a certain number of games, maybe as few as 10, we can roughly guage how we are going to do. Or can we? With MFC the answer is surely not. In 2006/7 a sluggish start saw Ned in his previous guise totally condemn the team and manager and we ended up being promoted into the Football League. Subsequent seasons have seen us make slow starts, only to improve vastly in the new year, last season only just missing out on the play offs. Quite why Ned hasn't got the intelligence to realise that "One swallow doesn't make a summer" or in this case, "A few crap pre season try outs with triallists and different systems doesn't mean a relegation" I don't really know.

Ned's rambling post also assumes that League 2 players should be world beaters and should perform magic every game. This is the wrong way to look at it. League 2 players are not as skilled as Premier League players, they're not as quick and they don't have the football brains that Premier League players do. If they did, guess what? Yep, they'd be in the Premier League. So whilst one great defence splitting pass in 7 is poor by Premier League standards, one great defence splitting pass in 7 is probably average or even good for League 2.

Seeing as Ned wants perfection and consistency every game, a win more times than not, and world class players, as well as a predictable season where he can finally relax knowing that his team will win the league at a canter, can I suggest he goes and watches Manchester United?

What I would like to know though, is why, when he's been proved wrong so many times, does he continue to not learn from his mistakes? By his own wierd logic, if MFC DO get relegated, it would be that "One pass in seven" he talks about i.e. the rest of the time we've been perfectly ok and stayed up/promoted but even if we slipped up this season, because of previous ramblings being so wrong, he cannot possibly be proved right because a relegation would be the exception rather than the norm.

Ned has talked himself into a corner that he cannot possibly escape from, using scenarios which contradict the point he's trying to make.

Ned's certainly got a right to post, but what people object to is his lack of humility, lack of acceptance when he's proved wrong, and a total lack of respect for people with much more football acumen in their little toe than he'll ever have. This person is not a football SUPPORTER, nor is he a FAN, he is simply a match attender with the "I pay my money" attitude. That's assuming he does pay.

Post of the year (or should I say pre-season)
Harry

Postby Mighty Red » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I think Liverpool would be good for you as Alonso is a greater passer of the ball.

I wish you hadn't said that.

(Mighty Red sobs)
Attachments
crying-smiley-sad-male-cry-tears-smiley-emoticon-000352-large.gif
crying-smiley-sad-male-cry-tears-smiley-emoticon-000352-large.gif (102.87 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Mighty Red

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I recall giving Johnnie Norman lot’s of stick for a string of ineffective performances during his last spell at the club. There were a number of supporters who regardless of his current form continued to stand by him for his past achievements and service. When under the law of averages he did actually scored a goal his followers disregarded any logic regarding his previous negative contributions and convinced themselves they were justified in standing by him. A classic example of blind faith, impossible to apply rationale.

Okay, I'll give Ned the satisfaction of a bite. You weren't one of the small group of idiots who gave John Norman "lot’s of stick for a string of ineffective performances", you and the other dipsticks booed him as he came on to the pitch. You and the other prats didn't boo him for performances, you simply never forgave him for leaving the club on a Bosman. You and your cohorts did what ever you could to put him off. Trying to put a player off so that you can bask in your own self-grandiose world of negativity was unforgivable and certainly had nothing to do with being a "supporter", it was simply a response from a petty and jealous little man.

I'll be getting on that ferry on Saturday morning full of hope and optimism for the season ahead. Blind faith or bile filled little man syndrome? I know which I'd rather have.

Incidentally Ned, one of the all time 'rants' on Shrimpsvoices followed a diabolical performance at Accrington Stanley. As a result of that rant, Jim Harvey challenged me the next time he spotted me in JB's and even told me to 'choose the team while he sat and hurled abuse at me'. That's the difference Ned, I don't hide behind a nom de plume, I'll stand by my comments openly and in real life. What about you Ned? Will you stand up in real life and not hide behind your anonymity or will you always be a negative posting keyboard warrior, too frightened to really stand by your opinions?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Go to any board or ground in the country and to half the fans the cup is half empty, hence the whining, old boys at burnley will be racing their whippets as we speak, muttering, thll be rart back darn, im not goin on at 16 parnd a ticket, etc, I SAY, BRING BACK KEITH GALLEY, or at least let him put in a price for the wiring at the new stadium :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby the stowford press » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:08 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Go to any board or ground in the country and to half the fans the cup is half empty, hence the whining, old boys at burnley will be racing their whippets as we speak, muttering, thll be rart back darn, im not goin on at 16 parnd a ticket, etc, I SAY, BRING BACK KEITH GALLEY, or at least let him put in a price for the wiring at the new stadium :roll:

ahh mr potatohead,we meet at last,ive been waiting for you
the stowford press

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:18 pm

You dont fool me press, all the money in the world, and you will still be.. cheap..... unlike magners, 20 pence more, but a country mile more superior, you have never seen an apple press, press :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Mighty Red wrote:
I think Liverpool would be good for you as Alonso is a greater passer of the ball.

I wish you hadn't said that.

(Mighty Red sobs)

I did wonder when I posted but I was trying to have "blind faith" that he would be staying
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Keith wrote:
Okay, I'll give Ned the satisfaction of a bite. You weren't one of the small group of idiots who gave John Norman "lot’s of stick for a string of ineffective performances", you and the other dipsticks booed him as he came on to the pitch. You and the other prats didn't boo him for performances, you simply never forgave him for leaving the club on a Bosman. You and your cohorts did what ever you could to put him off. Trying to put a player off so that you can bask in your own self-grandiose world of negativity was unforgivable and certainly had nothing to do with being a "supporter", it was simply a response from a petty and jealous little man.

I'll be getting on that ferry on Saturday morning full of hope and optimism for the season ahead. Blind faith or bile filled little man syndrome? I know which I'd rather have.

Incidentally Ned, one of the all time 'rants' on Shrimpsvoices followed a diabolical performance at Accrington Stanley. As a result of that rant, Jim Harvey challenged me the next time he spotted me in JB's and even told me to 'choose the team while he sat and hurled abuse at me'. That's the difference Ned, I don't hide behind a nom de plume, I'll stand by my comments openly and in real life. What about you Ned? Will you stand up in real life and not hide behind your anonymity or will you always be a negative posting keyboard warrior, too frightened to really stand by your opinions?

This I can vouch for because I was stood next to him.

On another occaision Jim came to me and said "Do you go on that voices thing? :shock:
What's your name on there?
You're not Christie's Child are you?
Is that man real?
What an idiot he is!" :o
:lol: :lol:

See, so Jim didn't get everything wrong. :lol:

I remember there was a certain clown, being polite, who boo'ed everytime Johnny Norman touched the ball, he slagged him constantly. Complained when he came back out for the second half, and shouted it was just luck as Johnny sealed his 2nd half hat-trick. :o

It made me so angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...... I turn ugly :!:

morecambe mick

Postby the stowford press » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:You dont fool me press, all the money in the world, and you will still be.. cheap..... unlike magners, 20 pence more, but a country mile more superior, you have never seen an apple press, press :lol: :lol:

cheeky little git for eleven,chirpin on about magners and keith galley,bet youre not shy to the odd asbo
the stowford press

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 am

morecambe mick wrote:
Keith wrote:

This I can vouch for because I was stood next to him.

On another occaision Jim came to me and said "Do you go on that voices thing? :shock:
What's your name on there?
You're not Christie's Child are you?
Is that man real?
What an idiot he is!" :o

See, so Jim didn't get everything wrong. :lol:

I remember there was a certain clown, being polite, who boo'ed everytime Johnny Norman touched the ball, he slagged him constantly. Complained when he came back out for the second half, and shouted it was just luck as Johnny sealed his 2nd half hat-trick. :o

It made me so angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...... I turn ugly :!:

When Jim found out who CC was and he confronted me we had an excellent exchange of views without it descending into a heated exchange. Ever since then he and I became friends and shared many a debate about football and life in general. Even today after all that has happened I'm sure we'd still be able to have the friendly banter we once enjoyed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 am

Its like when Jim asked at a fans forum who CB1 was (a guy who was very, very very similar to Ned in his style and views). The guy sat there in the second row and kept his head down. Coward :lol:

I was there when Jim confronted Keith. The funniest thing ever when it dawned on keith that Jim had read his ferry rant and wanted to 'discuss' it. :lol:
Mark S

Postby Ned » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 am

Keith, are you insane? I did not care a jot about him going on a Bosman. I also did not boo him coming on to the pitch and I find it laughable that you suggest I tried to put him off and the rest of the nonsense you quote. Then again north of latitude 53n does appear to be a mindset too far for many posters. By the way P.... says I have to stop being mischievous.
Ned

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

That all your going to reply to Ned?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I find it laughable that you suggest I tried to put him off...

Oh, I'm not the only one who says you put Morecambe players off Ned...

Simply Ned wrote:I recall giving Johnnie Norman lot’s of stick for a string of ineffective performances during his last spell at the club.

...unless of course you think that spectators giving a player "lot's (sic) of stick" is not going to put them off, in which case we have widely differing views on what constitutes "support".

So you'll be standing up and be counted now? Let everyone know who you are so we know you are standing by your comments?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Simply Ned wrote:Okay, I'll give Ned the satisfaction of a bite. You weren't one of the small group of idiots who gave John Norman "lot’s of stick for a string of ineffective performances", you and the other dipsticks booed him as he came on to the pitch. You and the other prats didn't boo him for performances, you simply never forgave him for leaving the club on a Bosman. You and your cohorts did what ever you could to put him off. Trying to put a player off so that you can bask in your own self-grandiose world of negativity was unforgivable and certainly had nothing to do with being a "supporter", it was simply a response from a petty and jealous little man.

Keith, are you insane? I did not care a jot about him going on a Bosman. I also did not boo him coming on to the pitch and I find it laughable that you suggest I tried to put him off and the rest of the nonsense you quote. Then again north of latitude 53n does appear to be a mindset too far for many posters. By the way P.... says I have to stop being mischievous.

Still ignoring the Irish manager statement Ned?
campdave

Postby marky » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Campdave, why don't you just PM him because I'm starting to find your constant "Irish Manager" bit incredibly irritating!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:37 pm

marky wrote:Campdave, why don't you just PM him because I'm starting to find your constant "Irish Manager" bit incredibly irritating!

If the mods want me to stop asking him, I will.
campdave

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:58 pm

campdave wrote:
marky wrote:Campdave, why don't you just PM him because I'm starting to find your constant "Irish Manager" bit incredibly irritating!

If the mods want me to stop asking him, I will.

This mod doesn't think it is an unreasonable question to keep reminding Ned that he hasn't answered.

...although to be honest, it was so long ago, I can't remember where the original comment was made.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Keith wrote:This mod doesn't think it is an unreasonable question to keep reminding Ned that he hasn't answered.

...although to be honest, it was so long ago, I can't remember where the original comment was made.

Simply Ned wrote:Unfortunately this manager is unlikely to go public whilst we are under performing and also because Irish managers in general working for English clubs do not excel in PR with supporters.
campdave

Postby marky » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Keith wrote:This mod doesn't think it is an unreasonable question to keep reminding Ned that he hasn't answered.

Perhaps not but it adds absolutely nothing to the thread and just clutters. Given Campdave knows exactly where to find the 2 lines that have got him so hot and bothered, why not just bump the thread he actually made the comments in every now and then?

As for your Norman comments, Keith, I've always felt you've got it totally wrong. Most people who didn't care for him as a player didn't like him before he left the first time. I can remember being delighted when he left for Hednesford and somewhat despondent when he came back...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Previous

Return to General Discussion