Match Board at Tesco

Re: Match Board at Tesco

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:39 pm

greenshrimp wrote:
Either, although it depends on how economical it would be to keep both open. The idea behind having one in Lancaster would purely be because there would be a much larger footfall to encourage greater number of sales and more interest in matches.

I really don't think that the extra revenue generated by a Lancaster based outlet, after unit rental, staff wages and other associated costs would make any extra money for the club. IMO, it would lose money.
campdave

Postby greenshrimp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm

campdave wrote:
greenshrimp wrote:
Either, although it depends on how economical it would be to keep both open. The idea behind having one in Lancaster would purely be because there would be a much larger footfall to encourage greater number of sales and more interest in matches.

I really don't think that the extra revenue generated by a Lancaster based outlet, after unit rental, staff wages and other associated costs would make any extra money for the club. IMO, it would lose money.

Maybe, they are only suggestions, but could be worth a feasibility study - I don't know? Obviously we are not a very big club so you probably wouldn't achieve anywhere near the sales of larger clubs that have their own city centre stores. On the other hand, few people even know there is a shop at the ground and probably fewer know when it is open to buy merchandise and tickets whereas a city centre store would be much more 'visible'.

I do believe though that additional outlets are required to even think about increasing ticket sales and thus attendance.

Another option could even be a concession in an existing store.
greenshrimp

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Thank you heysham_mfc for highlighting my mistake in glorious technicolor. I can now advise that the board at Tesco in Carnforth has been changed and the one at Asda will be done on my way home. Again sincere apologies for the problems this may have caused and thank you to those of you with some constructive ideas.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 pm

]

Maybe, they are only suggestions, but could be worth a feasibility study - I don't know? Obviously we are not a very big club so you probably wouldn't achieve anywhere near the sales of larger clubs that have their own city centre stores. On the other hand, few people even know there is a shop at the ground and probably fewer know when it is open to buy merchandise and tickets whereas a city centre store would be much more 'visible'.

I do believe though that additional outlets are required to even think about increasing ticket sales and thus attendance.

Another option could even be a concession in an existing store.[/quote]

The Visitor shop is already an outlet for us and sells club merchandise.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Message to Mark

I can sell programmes for you before the matches and can be an out of shop hours outlet - well, we are the supporters pub - let's work together!!!
sgt major

Postby greenshrimp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 pm

P/T Indie wrote:The Visitor shop is already an outlet for us and sells club merchandise.

I didn't know that, but then have never been in the visitor shop. Sadly there are no department stores in Lancaster or Morecambe that may be interested in having a concession in there. A shame most the independent sports shops have now closed down as that would be an ideal location.

sgt major wrote:I can sell programmes for you before the matches and can be an out of shop hours outlet - well, we are the supporters pub - let's work together!!!

That sounds great - some sort of advertising board or poster (perhaps even with a shirt in it) advertising the online shop, the shop and the next match could be spot on too!!
greenshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 am

Morecambe FC wrote:I apologise unreservedly for the fixtures board at Carnforth not being updated from the game versus Tranmere. It is wholly my responsibility as Commercial Director to make sure that this happens. Marky No1 you know how to get hold of me and I am available should you want to lodge an official complaint as the ball sponsor for Saturdays game.

Commercial dept.

Thank you, but today I am Happy :D :D :D
hereford tesco.JPG

Yet again the Mighty Shrimpsvoices comes to the rescue :lol:

Now what can I stir up today? :o

Official complaint Mark? Me - Never ! Although a nice bottle of red would be welcome on Saturday ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:57 am

They are going to wonder what is going on with people going down and taking pictures of the wall
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 am

.....I'm really suprised that Mark at CC hasn't plastered the name of a certain caravan company who are sponsors of the game all over the sign being how they are near to the Carnforth Tesco Store. ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:20 am

Christies Child wrote:.....I'm really suprised that Mark at CC hasn't plastered the name of a certain caravan company who are sponsors of the game all over the sign being how they are near to the Carnforth Tesco Store. ;) ;) ;)

Don't need to CC, most people come here to ask where Tesco Is!! The Tesco traffic lights cause most of the queues that go past my door heading towards Lancaster. In any case I don't think they would be too happy for me to be drawing graffiti on the wall :lol:

Could'nt even put a wanted sign up once cos I was trade :(

The Match board at Christie Park has my name on so that will do for me :D
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:.....I'm really suprised that Mark at CC hasn't plastered the name of a certain caravan company who are sponsors of the game all over the sign being how they are near to the Carnforth Tesco Store. ;) ;) ;)

Don't need to CC, most people come here to ask where Tesco Is!! ausThe Tesco traffic lights ce most of the queues that go past my door heading towards Lancaster. In any case I don't think they would be too happy for me to be drawing graffiti on the wall :lol:

Could'nt even put a wanted sign up once cos I was trade :(

The Match board at Christie Park has my name on so that will do for me :D

Those bloody traffic lights are a nightmare. Why they couldn't have constructed a round about is beyond me! Would have saved a lot of traffic problems in Carnforth and elsewhere for that matter. I wonder if there will be traffic lights outside a certain SAINSBURY store?

Traffic lights have there place, but roundabouts are far better to keep traffic flowing albeit slowly.

ll
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 am

Christies Child wrote:[Those bloody traffic lights are a nightmare. Why they couldn't have constructed a round about is beyond me!

Tesco bought out Barnfields and relocated them, at some expense! They also purchased some houses at inflated prices to create their space. I think a roundabout would have compromised their Car Park and one the size of the Mini-Crag Bank version down the road would'nt work for the diggers, cranes and juggernauts that have to turn right!
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Morecambe FC wrote:I apologise unreservedly for the fixtures board at Carnforth not being updated from the game versus Tranmere. It is wholly my responsibility as Commercial Director to make sure that this happens. Marky No1 you know how to get hold of me and I am available should you want to lodge an official complaint as the ball sponsor for Saturdays game.

Commercial dept.

Ok this is not good my manager has just asked if I was going to the game tonight!!! At first I did not catch on but remember reading this topic last night, his daughter had seen the sign and wanted to take her old man to the game tonight?!? I was unfortunately the barer of bad news, but I have convinced him to go on Saturday instead!!
thegentlegiant

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

maybe we could advertise away games as we maybe put a sign up in the club shop with something like 'Next away game for Morecambe FC is at ...............'
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion