How i saw Bradford game

Re: How i saw Bradford game

Postby wibsey bantam » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:01 pm

4G63 wrote:
Jody wrote:Firstly, maybe facts should be stuck to when suggesting players were on the alcohol over christmas, a few players were below par yesterday and maybe that was down to playing 2 games in 2 days rather than alcohol consumed.
Secondly, a very nice ground for a team in League Two. Not too sure about the admission prices, and think maybe they should reflect the level of football a bit more but never mind.
I was impressed with the standard of football showed by Morecambe yesterday. In particular I think Rene deserves a mention as he worked the front line well all game. The stats suggest maybe we should have got more from the game, and on another day who knows but chances weren't taken yesterday, even with a very poor goalkeeper, and that was our downfall. We seemed to dominate against a side pushing for promotion, and we coped quite well until Fraser was removed from the occasion when a gaping hole around the edge of the area seemed to emerge.
Would like to see the first goal replayed on the TV as I'm sure I saw a clear handball and, against the run of play it changed the game completely.
That thug Conlon who I seem to recall broke Thommo's cheekbone last year and it was suggested deliberately, went up again with the elbows on McStay yesterday and was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Glad to see Bradford enjoying their win, but they are a League Two side through no fault but their own and I think to some a reality check is needed. 'Big' ground, 'big' fan base (although if they had to pay full price for their season tickets maybe not so?), but still a League Two club. And until they finally manage to get round to getting promoted from this 'little' league, they will continue to play teams like 'little Morecambe' who are just enjoying football, enjoying winning and (maybe not so much) losing but are most of all, grateful to be a League team and treat others with respect.

I think i would agree with that wholeheartedly! Well said.

anyway best of luck you shrimps for rest of season,hopefully we will be celebrating promotion on good friday after we play u. :D :D :D :D :D :D
wibsey bantam

Previous

Return to General Discussion