Kevin Ellison in or out ?

Re: Kevin Ellison in or out ?

Postby KenH » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
steve mfc wrote: lets not make Kev a scapegoat when we lose he deserves better than that.

Good point, but it's more the style of play rather than just losing.

On Saturday, I saw the team playing differently because Kev was the lone striker. They went back to last seasons "hoof it forward" mentality rather than passing on the ground through the midfield - whether or not that was the management instruction, it's what actually happened on the pitch. Regardless of differing opinions re Kev's ability., the rest of the team just didn't work together around him for whatever reason that Jim and Ken need to address if they want Kev to be a regular starter rather than an impact sub.
KenH

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Blimey poor Kev! Inches from a hat-trick and then we lose so its all his fault!! I thought the manager decided how the team play. He said he would change things and he did, tried to tighten things up and 4 goals go zooming into our net! Thankfully Barry has had a great start to his season otherwise it would've been 8 or 9. If Drummy is reading this he will be having a chuckle as it was he that got the stick the last couple of years, now it seems to be Kevs turn. Blimey charlie :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Blimey poor Kev! Inches from a hat-trick and then we lose so its all his fault!! I thought the manager decided how the team play. He said he would change things and he did, tried to tighten things up and 4 goals go zooming into our net! Thankfully Barry has had a great start to his season otherwise it would've been 8 or 9. If Drummy is reading this he will be having a chuckle as it was he that got the stick the last couple of years, now it seems to be Kevs turn. Blimey charlie :o

well said, i made a simliar post, then deleted it.

its not like we have many options

Miller doesnt look like scoring, looks for like a midfielder, be asked to play upfront.

Mullin his record suggests he's an impact sub

Burkz is not an out n out striker, better out wide using his pace to get around defences.

bottom line is, we should be playing 2 strikers at home, non of the above are effective on there own upfront.
George Dawes

Postby Freez » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:41 pm

The goals are coming from all over the park, so if we continue to play free flowing attacking football, it would appear that we can play anyone up top and score.
Miller has the best first touch of the forwards and his team play is excellent, but he does need a goal.
Mullers looks better suited playing slightly deeper and taking people on, as does Barky, so I can see the logic in trying Kev up front.
Trouble is, he does tend to lend himself to getting stuck in and be a battering ram rather than Millers more thoughtful movement and bringing other players in!
There is a need and a time for both, tough job for Jim as he is damned for resting Miller and damned for replacing him with Kev, different styles and different results!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby black morse » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Freez wrote:The goals are coming from all over the park, so if we continue to play free flowing attacking football, it would appear that we can play anyone up top and score.
Miller has the best first touch of the forwards and his team play is excellent, but he does need a goal.
Mullers looks better suited playing slightly deeper and taking people on, as does Barky, so I can see the logic in trying Kev up front.
Trouble is, he does tend to lend himself to getting stuck in and be a battering ram rather than Millers more thoughtful movement and bringing other players in!
There is a need and a time for both, tough job for Jim as he is damned for resting Miller and damned for replacing him with Kev, different styles and different results!!

He's only damned if he goes away from the free flowing football that you refer to.
black morse

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:07 pm

At kevs age he hasn't got the legs to play how we try too running into balls behind the defence. This is the reason he's caught offside so much as that's what he's trying to do. At his age an size the ideal game plan with Kev would for him to hold it up, win headers an bring the 3 behind him into the game but he even struggles to win aerial battles these days. I'd like to see Barky given a chance there if we go with the one upfront. He has the pace to get in an behind defenders an also looks good in the air.
Kendalshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion