O/T CC

Re: O/T CC

Postby SolentShrimp » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:02 am

Keith wrote:His (stronger) counter argument was regardless of whether they knew the words existed, he didn't want to be sat with one of his sons, reading SV with them and unexpectedly come across a tirade of foul language. I get my bollockings face to face! It was as a result of this that we adopted a 'non-swearing' approach on the board.

"...Daddy, what does FFS mean?"...

Keith wrote:CLIQUE FFS it's clique!

:shock:
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:10 am

For Flips Sake. Why? What did you think? 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SolentShrimp » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:20 am

Keith wrote:For Flips Sake. Why? What did you think? 8-)

:lol:

I've just learnt a few new sweary abbreviations.
Type into google, "is it alright to swear using acronyms?"
:shock:
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:23 am

Christies Child wrote:On the day that our superb manager signed a new contract and a result that at half time looked out of reach I think it's fitting that I post one last time just to congratulate the lads on a battling performance masterminded despite being handicapped by a growing injury list ( PLEASE let's hope the twittered news about Beeley isn't as it appears and that he's back in his rightful position ASAP) by Jim and Ken.

Just wish that we could find a way to cut out the runs of some opposition defenders as today that lead to their equaliser.

I'll continue to follow SVs but all good things come to an end sometime. So to MG, MrP and a few others hope you enjoy arguing with yourselves. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ha ha! That didn't last long did it?

If true and he stops posting for good, then its sad to lose such a prolific poster. Dare I say it though, he has played his part in a fair few logging off though over the last few years with his daft, banal and baseless comments.
Wild Bill

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:38 am

Keith wrote:For Flips Sake. Why? What did you think? 8-)

Fast Forward Spelling :oops:
parceldave

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I for one will really miss Blackpool shrimps insightful overview of each game he attends...

Everyone who supports Morecambe FC is entitled to express an opinion without someone jumping all over them.

Where/when have I said you can't? I haven't!

I just think it's a bit rich that supporters who don't attend games can canvas their opinion about specific games they didn't see.... Especially if they haven't watched the team for years. Excuse me if I have been blunt at times in pointing this (my opinion) out. I think it was only last week when Blackpool Shrimp twisted a sentence of radio commentary to support his opinion of how the game he didn't see went, and what we're doing wrong.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Totally agree, I dont want to speak negatively about neil as this is his ''leaving do'', but he did a disgruntled fan, rant about the portsmouth game,as if he attended, followed by a U TURN quicker than a stealth bomber, by all means say whatever you like, but expect flak if you are wrong

You have to be there,or at least see the whole match on live tv, in order to make an informed verdict.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:23 pm

"...Daddy, what does FFS mean?"...
:shock:[/quote]

Fishwick's Funeral Services, based at Beetham. Their cars actually have FFS numberplates. I've told Mrs A I want to go to my burning in one. :lol:
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Splodge » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:And while we're at it, come back Shrimper.

Still here, just mostly lurking now :twisted:
Splodge

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:21 am

I for one hope that Neil does return on here because no matter what others think or say about him, He's MFC through and through. We all have an opinion that not everyone agrees with but he says it how it is and for that I doff my cap, Others regularly have their say and at times it's complete bilge but we respect their right to their opinion, Please respect Neil's as your message board is dying a slow and painful death with each and every hardcore diehard that's become disenchanted and left.
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:55 am

far from it oldhamade, given the clubs meagre fan base i think the board ticks over nicely,i think to get busy there has to be something exiting team wise going on, neils exit has attracted nearly a thousand views so far, thats nearly as many as a home attendance, its like the ''who killed lucy'' of social media, haha!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 am

mrpotatohead wrote: neils exit has attracted nearly a thousand views so far, thats nearly as many as a home attendance, its like the ''who killed lucy'' of social media, haha!

There's 36 postings to divide that by, so it's the same 30 people. :roll:

SolentShrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:46 am

Don't think this site is that user friendly for people who just access the Internet with smart phones and tablets.

I tend to use this site when I'm on the laptop or computer, it's easier to see and read the full layout without having to zoom in and out getting annoyed trying to read 1000 word posts on a thread on a 4inch screen. So Facebook is more appealing to a lot people in that boat.

Ps on Facebook you also get all the latest goals, highlights, news, interviews at the click of a button, without login going onto shrimps player, it's more convenient, and updated quicker than the official website in most cases.
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 am

George Dawes wrote:Don't think this site is that user friendly for people who just access the Internet with smart phones and tablets.

...on Facebook you also get all the latest goals, highlights, news, interviews at the click of a button, without login going onto shrimps player, it's more convenient, and updated quicker than the official website in most cases.

We did try to look at a more 'smart phone' friendly forum but it either cost money or wasn't that good.
Facebook has all those advantages but the thing I dislike is that following a thread is difficult because too many notifications come through, so only something that is very active remains 'readable'. Once something is a couple of days old, or even hours old, it stops being 'current'.

The problem for Shrimpsvoices is the same as watching Morecambe itself, once it stops being 'habit' it becomes very difficult to turn it around. People who would have had SV as their home page and visited a couple of times a day now pop in once or twice a week and rarely get involved. There are still lots of 'lurkers', but it is difficult to get them posting once more. Also, I think I'm in a minority of my dislike for Facebook in terms of this type of discussion, many people who used to post here appear happy posting there, so they either work around the problem I find, or simply don't see it as an issue?

I'm sure Neil will be enjoying reading his obituary! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crazeenick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:50 pm

I agree with Oldhamade's comments. I hope Neil and others keep posting on the Board. I love to read all the banter and the differing views people have. It's what football (and life in general) is all about.
Crazeenick

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:57 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:far from it oldhamade, given the clubs meagre fan base i think the board ticks over nicely,i think to get busy there has to be something exiting team wise going on, neils exit has attracted nearly a thousand views so far, thats nearly as many as a home attendance, its like the ''who killed lucy'' of social media, haha!

Like me, they're most probably wondering what drove such a passionate fan to leave the only real outlet they have to air their views regarding the club they love?
Shrimpsvoices is a free service made available thanks in the main to Keith and Gnasher's hard work over many years, neither of them had to do it but great thanks that they did and it's been a wonderful rollercoaster ride of highs and some lows but always had a really good criac amongst its loyal members.

Recently it's become a free for all where personal comments are being made against anyone (by certain people) with an opinion and it's ruining a beautiful thing, By all means have your say but don't ride roughshod over others because you don't agree with their view.

Neil, If you're reading this mate (I know you will be) get yourself back on here and say what the hell you want, Because without the likes of you there wouldn't be a Morecambe football club!
HALMA 1983

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

There's a line between disagreeing with someone and expressing an alternative view, as I have several times with the Daily Snail readers, and bullying someone, particularly, and I have to say it, with petty repetitions of 'answer my question'. As far as I'm aware, Jeremy Paxman isn't a member of shrimpsvoices, and Neil isn't a politician (I wouldn't vote for you Neil, not even against Tim Farron! ;) ), so let's try to be reasonable with our disagreements, since we'll never all agree on everything. Besides, I came on here on Saturday wanting to argue with Neil over Aaron McGowan replacing Laurence Wilson, and was most disappointed with what I was faced with with this thread.

Come back Neil, nothing's forgiven. ;) :lol:
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:10 pm

I like this forum but its a little outdated FB or twaters offer a lot more to discussion,no doubt Keith will disagree
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:44 pm

The trouble with forums is that 1 or many can misconceive what you really mean so you have to take a balance !(exemptions Marky1 and solent)
shrimpnsave

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Clearly CC's exile has helped the team :lol:
Ego Tripping

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 pm

179-2608_Funny_Farm_Wall_Plaque.jpg
179-2608_Funny_Farm_Wall_Plaque.jpg (194.34 KiB) Viewed 687 times
he's defo itching to post,come on Neil everyone enjoys your banter :D so come here once again to the
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:32 pm

...funny farm where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and their coming to take me away, ha ha
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion