Morecambe 0 Wycombe 1 PLAYER thread.

Re: Morecambe 0 Wycombe 1 PLAYER thread.

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Worrying attendance again.

Not even 1400.

181 noisy away fans.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 pm

I thought we were a bit one dimensional tonight and played into the hands of a well organised, fit, cynical, time wasting, cheating, boring, anti-football opposition. We needed a bit more imagination and played too many long balls that were meat and drink to the excellent chairboys defenders.

The officials were terrible, it's no good them pointing at their watch as though they're adding it on; they needed to be proactive in sorting it out because Wycombe wanted to slow the game down at all times and play for set pieces.... Which is exactly what they got.

If Ellison is fit he starts; not sure why because he has contributed little in the games so far. Still hopeful of a positive season; we're playing well and I'm sure the goals will come.

I'm just glad most of us only have to watch Wycombe once a season and feel sorry for the select few who choose to watch them twice. On the other hand some people are lucky not to see them at all, like Blackpool who doesn't watch any Morecambe games but is calling for us to sign strikers!
Last edited by RedRedWine on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Freez » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Kev was a mile off for the disallowed goal, as he was frequently in the second half too!!
Chances came and went, they had one and took it.
Playing decent football, our luck will change.
I'd be more worried if we weren't creating chances!
Early days, improvement in front of goal will come.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Thought we played some really good football first half but no end product even with 7 or 8 corners . Second half was a bit more hit and hope as they kept Wildig quiet , our biggest problem was that we were out muscled in every department . Yes they got away with some one sided decisions from the ref but even so they were so much bigger and stronger and one reason why we didn't do much from the corners.
Someone mentioned about not pressing the panic button just yet but 1 goal in 4 games is a bit of a worry , and if we come up against a back four like that every week then you have to think where are the goals going to come from . Keeping fingers crossed .
parceldave

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Lee Molyneux MOTM my arse.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Lee Molyneux MOTM my arse.
he was alright.. reckon Beeley was MOTM with Goodall a close 2nd
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Not a great game. Wycombe looked decent though and I would expect them to make a promotion push again. Bet they will grind out 15-20 results like that before the end of the season!

Jim needs to play two up front and give his chosen pair time to build a partnership if we are to see some goals. Chopping and changing will not do them any good.

Sad to say Kev might well have to drop to the bench.

Tough game Sat so happy with a scoring draw.

Poor home turn out. Hope they pick up when everyone is back from their hols!
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Different scenario for us this season as we have been used to being top and flying during August and September.
Had a great start tonight but couldn't make the most of our creativity.
We were bullied out of it all over the pitch and were often found short of a tackle, particularly when that mountain ran 70 yards straight through the middle as if no one was there!
Our shots on goal seemed weak and often scuffed.
Hope we can do something to improve on our usual 3.0 beating at Pompey, certainly different firing at a bank of 7000 rather than at an empty stand.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Worrying, there were more fans at Barrow and Chorley tonight.
Seasider9601

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Perhaps if we try shooting at the goals we might score!! Too many times we get in good positions and either want to go further or just pass it to someone else. Annoying and not looking promising at all. Too predictable, too slow in getting forward, lumping the ball upfield never works for us.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Sad to say Kev might well have to drop to the bench.

funny how people see games differently, I know Kev as had his critics of late, but didn't think he was that bad tonight, IMO he caused them more problems than any other Morecambe player tonight who else was there?

i'm sure if you asked either of them 2 center backs, who would they rather face every week for 90mins Miller Mullin or Ellison, I know what the anser would be.
George Dawes

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Awful in the final 3rd and could be a long season if we don't start taking our chances ! Might be on my own here but I thought Ellison was terrible again tonight an offers nothing what so ever to the team yet still never gets subbed. Our best performance this season was sheff utd when he was left on the bench letting us play free flowing football creating chance after chance. It was his foul tonight which gave them the free kick for the goal. Absolute no need kicking their player on the half way line and does he not know the offside rule ? Couldn't count on 2 hands how many times he was offside tonight. I know it's only early days but with Pompey and Notts county up next the games are getting harder and by mid September we could find ourselves in the bottom two if we don't get our act together. Not many teams will come to the globe this season and play as bad as Wycombe did tonight so unless someone is guna have abit of bottle when we get near the oppositions goal then were guna be in big trouble !
Last edited by Kendalshrimp on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendalshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:33 pm

:roll: don't think Miller had 1 shot at goal?

dispite good link up play in the first 30mins, that was it with Miller.

think Kev is going to be the new Stu Drummond, with some people from now on.
George Dawes

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:36 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Lee Molyneux MOTM my arse.

Surely whoever selected this must of had about 10 pints in the hospitality :shock:

He put a few decent corners in but went it got rough he didn't want to know. Doesn't seem to like getting stuck in with physical teams and the shots he was having didn't trouble the keeper in the slightest with hardly any power. Dissapointed with lee so far but no judging him after a few games expect a lot better tho for sure !
Kendalshrimp

Postby chipbuns » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Kev should not be starting, simple as. He has offered nothing in my eyes, a yard off it. An impact sub now that you'd bring on as an extra option. How he keeps getting 90 mins but others who have impacted on games more keep getting sacrificed is just bizarre. I would have started Barky instead, if Jamie has been rested. If everyone is fit, Devitt should be on the right and Molly on the left. Molly is wasted on the right.

Wildig has to stay as a number 10 just behind the striker, that's his best role. Marcus Bean however keep him quiet all night, right up his arse all game and didn't give him any time or space. Don't even get me started on his countless pull backs he got away with thanks to a totally inept ref, and the rest of the cynical Wycombe side. They came here for a point and nicked a winner from finding our weakness, defending set pieces. We still don't look convincing defending them at all! How many have we conceded off?

Miller played well in my eyes, brought players into the game and his first touch was superb throughout, hopefully more to come from him. We do need to have more pops at goal however, we are always trying a silly last pass which never works.

Fair play to Ainsworth, those horrendously cynical and dull tactics will win them a lot of points away from home. It pains me to say that teams like that get rewarded in League 2. Good to see Thommo get a good reception though, thought he played well.

P.S. Can someone tell Parrish to stop with the aimless lumps when he has all the time in the world?!? It's getting worse than Will Haining.
chipbuns

Postby Jettyson » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:35 am

Pace is the key to beating the likes of Wycombe and we have it in abundance.Put the ball in the channels rather than "lump it to Kev" and the goals will come. Kev comes off the bench for 20 to shore up the game by hassling their defenders.
Jettyson

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:31 am

I think with the personnel we have at our disposal this will be another season when away performances are better and more successful than home performances.

I thought Miller did well with good movement and hold up play as well as linking up play.

We really missed the injured Jamie Devitt last night , he might have opened up a cynical team who know how to slow down the play when they are under the cosh and have turned timewasting into an art form.

Lets hope we can start converting chances at Pompy.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:58 am

chipbuns wrote:if Jamie has been rested.

Rested?? So soon into the season?

Dev was a big miss last night. Has he got a knock or something? (apologies if this has been mentioned earlier) EDIT: Yes, I see it mentioned in the post just above this.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good to see Flem get a standing ovation from those in C Premier when subbed last night ;) ;) ;)
Seasider9601

Postby Phil Anderer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:34 am

Thought it was a shame last night that we were playing football while Wycombe and the ref thought it was aussie rules. There were definitely two dodgy offside calls in the second half, 'cos they were right in line with me. The first was when Wildig got put through, but Kev (as usual) had strayed offside. Wildig was onside and got the ball, but the liner flagged presumably for Kev - bad call. The second was about the only time Kev was onside all game, coming from maybe half a yard behind his man to get in front and get the ball - bad call again. Not sure where Moly's MOM came from. Mrs A had already nominated Beels, and it's hard to disagree, although I note the mention of Goodall as well. We'll only start winning games regularly when the strikers and attacking midfielders are getting (and deserving) the MOM.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:04 am

There are times when it's a combination of a team well versed in the art of cheating and an incompetent referee who combine to prove to be part of the reason for a negative result. Last night was a typical performance from the visitors and a referee who continues to see the game from the oppositions point of view.

Mind you we didn't do ourselves many favours by persisting with the aimless over hit punts out of defense (or was that pure panic?) that too often ended up in the visitors penalty box. We knew before what to expect from the Southerners and true to form they didn't disappoint with their No2 Sido Jombati constantly putting his arms around our players more akin to a bear hug which was totally ignored by that apology for a referee.

However are inability to win numerous midfield tackles (where to Wanderers credit they were far stronger in nearly every tackle all over the pitch) didn't provide our strikers with sufficient good ball to hopefully capitalize with a goal which if our inability to convert chances will result in more negative results not aided by a defense that continues as from previous seasons to be able to defend dead ball situations.

Both Miller and Barks when he came on look to be capable of providing that much needed lift but why oh why do we continue to use Kev from the start. Of the games I've seen this season he hasn't performed anywhere near what we have come to expect from him. Maybe age has finally caught up with him?

And so we move onto Portsmouth and live in hope that we can get something from the high rollers of League 2. It will be difficult but not beyond us if we perform as we know we can and if our striker(s) have their shooting boots on. We can live in hope..... ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby halfwayprawn » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 am

Come on cc, give a positive mention to flemming, who had a really good game and deserved his applauds when substituted.
halfwayprawn

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:06 pm

halfwayprawn wrote:Come on cc, give a positive mention to flemming, who had a really good game and deserved his applauds when substituted.

Yes I should have done so. More than delighted for one of his better performance and rightly applauded him when he came off

Highlights here show that it was either Edwards or Goodall who didn't mark the goalscorer tight enough.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -1-wycombe
Last edited by Christies Child on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:06 pm

halfwayprawn wrote:Come on cc, give a positive mention to flemming, who had a really good game and deserved his applauds when substituted.

Which was noted from my vantage point on the North Terrace!! ;)

Well deserved last night too. He had a good game.
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:04 pm

I suppose to put it in perspective , our first 3 matches of the League season have all been against our bogy teams :

Hartlepool United 1 win and now 4 defeats

Accrington 0 wins in the previous 16

Wycombe Only 1 win in our history and never beaten them on our home ground.

That record makes 3 points on the board seem quite good ! How's that for being positive :D :D
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I suppose to put it in perspective , our first 3 matches of the League season have all been against our bogy teams :

Hartlepool United 1 win and now 4 defeats

Accrington 0 wins in the previous 16

Wycombe Only 1 win in our history and never beaten them on our home ground.

That record makes 3 points on the board seem quite good ! How's that for being positive :D :D

And Portsmouth?
black morse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion