I WAS THERE!!

Re: I WAS THERE!!

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Goodall definitely deserved MOTM today.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Goodall definitely deserved MOTM today.

Totally agree; deserved it on Tuesday also. From being a player that I think most people wouldn't have particularly grumbled if he'd been released (probably would have been if his contract didn't entitle to him another year based on the number of games played last season), to an important player given Murphys injury. He started well last year until we shifted him to left back to cover for Wilson eh was injured/had personal issues to attend to vs Newport. Long may it continue... He's got a strike on him also; great save from their keeper... Not sure how Ellison missed the rebound.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:13 pm

And I wasn't there! Still, chuffed to bits we have finally got this monkey off our backs. Here's to taking six points off them this season!

Any videos of the party on the final whistle?

Roll on Tuesday!
Wild Bill

Postby Now_Then » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Andy Parrish had Gornell in his pocket for the whole of the first half. Gornell is no mug and I doubt Coley is telling the truth when he says he removed him because he was getting some rough stuff from Paz.

I have concerns about Molly and his efforts. He doesn't seem to offer much at the minute and looks a bit lost on the flank. Jim said he would be playing him as a number 10 but he has been put out on the right hand side to presumably cut in on his left peg and cause problems. It just doesn't seem to be working.

Wildig really is quality and is the midfielder we have been crying out for. He is on the front foot all the time and his eye for goal is massive for us.

Overall for me, a decent performance against a different Accrington side. We might have struggled against one of their more dogged teams from previous years but did just enough today. The midfield will dictate our season and if Wildig, Murphy/Devitt and Goodall all click, we will be ok.
Now_Then

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:19 pm

mfcbro wrote:Where s c.c.

I'm in no fit state to add my thoughts following today's excellent win....but don't worry mfcbro I'll be back. In the meantime how's about you telling us all of your thoughts....or maybe you don't have any.

I can certainly recommend Aldi's Islay Scotch.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 am

That's a shit excuse so early in the night ...

Let the party begin :lol: :lol:

Agree with our "worst performance" but there we go Wahaaay again :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ChrisC » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:30 am

Morecambe was the sunniest place in Britain yesterday. Coincidence? I think not!
ChrisC

Postby Posh » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:19 am

Agree with most of the comments. Great to get the win over them at last and not bothered how it came about. More a feeling of relief than celebration as we shouldn't have been in the ridiculous position where they've treated us as their whipping boys for years.

They were the better side though and if they could shoot as well as they niggled and moaned they would have won.

We actually played a lot of long ball down the right flank and lost it 4 out of 5 times. When we broke on the deck or tried to play it around we looked better and need a bit more faith in our own abilities.

Mullin wasn't great. Went down for two penalties he was never going to get instead of staying on his feet and fighting for it. It does seem like he's struggling with the lone striker role. Ryan tried but doesn't look the answer. Will be interesting to see how Barkhuizen does with his pace.

Wildig is just an awesome signing and clearly loving his football as he's always smiling. Goodall was superb. I was one who thought he should go in the summer but clearly he's found his role in the side.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:33 am

A huge psychological weight was lifted off our shoulders yesterday. Until Atwell (he of the goal that never was !) blew the final whistle I was expecting the ball to somehow end up in our net for a late equaliser to extend their record.

I thought along with everyone on here that Goodall was immense in his role. If Kev had smacked in the rebound from his 30 yard shot that's 2-0 and game over.

Also along with everyone (even James456 !) how good a player is Aaron Wildig. Just what our midfield have been crying out for in the last few years.

The only real question mark seems to be our striker. Neither Mullin or Ryan got much joy out of the Stanley defenders. Maybe time to give Shaun Miller a start against Wycombe.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby KIPAX » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:33 am

KIPAX

Postby Shrimpy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:56 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:If Kev had smacked in the rebound from his 30 yard shot that's 2-0 and game over

It wouldn't have counted anyway, the linesman had his flag up for an offside.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:21 am

At the end of the day it's all about results and finally we've got a win over our local rivals, although like a lot of other SVers it was hardly a performance to inspire confidence going forward.

Stanley had more of the possession and played some nice stuff but thankfully didn't have it in their locker this time to be able to find the finished product which if they had we would have been looking a 18 games without a win v the old enemy.

I've been rabbiting on about giving young Ryan a chance and Jimbo oblidged. However on the evidence of his appearance my expectations were misplaced. He looked off the pace and couldn't impose himself on the game and looked short of both match practice and fitness. Maybe it was the role of covering their entire backline that was asking too much when at PNE he's used as an out and out striker there to convert chances created by others. I wouldn't rule him out for a much improved performance given another chance but our lack of alternative options suggests we may struggle in this department. Let's hope that when Barks is fit he can provide additional fire power and replace the out of sorts Kev who to date has contributed very little to the games I've seen this season. Maybe it is time he was used as the impact sub many of us see his role being in the games to come.

Overall a display far below expectations and one that Jibmo was accurate is his post match assessment
'we weren't at the races to be honest'....but a lone striker at home Jimbo.... :?: :?: :?:

We need a vastly improved performance v Wycombe and it wouldn't surprise me if in fact we got one....despite the return of Thommo who I'm sure will turn it on....again :!: :!: :!:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Can you not just be happy we won? :?

Yesterday was all about the result imo
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bill ding » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:24 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Can you not just be happy we won? :?

Fear not Marky , come tomorrow CC will have put a comment on contradicting what he said today :lol: :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:39 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Can you not just be happy we won? :?

I was most certainly happy last night.....celebrated our win with wee dram or 3,4,5.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Now I can finally come out of the darkened room and not face cutting remarks and inappropriate jokes from my work colleagues tomorrow. :D
So we didn't play that well, but ten out of ten for battling and scrapping for the result that meant so much,so who cares?
I noticed that John Coleman said he wasn't happy at the treatment dished out on Gornall by Andy and Ryan, but what about last season when Gornall could have broken Wilson's leg and rightly got a red card?
Coleman also said he had seen better Morecambe teams in the past, and that he knows which group of players he would rather be managing this season.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:17 pm

To be fair to Coleman, purely on the basis of that game I think he's not far wrong. I don't think I've seen an Accrington team play so much football, they just didn't convert their chances just like we didn't at Pools last weekend. But we know we can play better than we did on Saturday and that there's a lot of upside still to come from this group.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Walking out of The Globe yesterday like...

Teams like Morecambe

Previous

Return to General Discussion