Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: O/t Calais

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:31 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:
How many more do we accommodate ?

154,000 officially and rising fairly rapidly I would imagine

Official figures :lol: :lol: ya can double that ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Controlled migration is the way, just don't like how some are making out people are being wankers because. they choose a firm but fair attitude on borders.
George Dawes

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:39 pm

There's one reason the refugees want to come here that as yet no one's mentioned. I believe that we now have the fastest growing economy in Europe. Compare it to Greece, Spain and Italy, which are much more easily reached from North Africa, and why on earth stop there? Also Germany seems to have the most generous benefits for asylum seekers, partly as a consequence of which they take in many more refugees than we do.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:39 pm

George Dawes wrote:Controlled migration is the way, just don't like how some are making out people are being wankers because. they choose a firm but fair attitude on borders.

Read that but don't understand what you mean George :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:There's one reason the refugees want to come here that as yet no one's mentioned. I believe that we now have the fastest growing economy in Europe. Compare it to Greece, Spain and Italy, which are much more easily reached from North Africa, and why on earth stop there? Also Germany seems to have the most generous benefits for asylum seekers, partly as a consequence of which they take in many more refugees than we do.

So there economic migrants then :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:Also Germany seems to have the most generous benefits for asylum seekers, partly as a consequence of which they take in many more refugees than we do.

Can't help but think they're on a massive guilt trip from WW2, and ordinary Germans are trying to make amends by restoring their reputation.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:57 pm

George Dawes wrote:
Phil Anderer wrote:Also Germany seems to have the most generous benefits for asylum seekers, partly as a consequence of which they take in many more refugees than we do.

Can't help but think they're on a massive guilt trip from WW2, and ordinary Germans are trying to make amends by restoring their reputation.

Oh really,the Germans couldn't win the war back then so what do they do? Angela Merkel has a plan an its called the EU!!!
shrimpnsave

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:30 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Phil Anderer wrote:There's one reason the refugees want to come here that as yet no one's mentioned. I believe that we now have the fastest growing economy in Europe. Compare it to Greece, Spain and Italy, which are much more easily reached from North Africa, and why on earth stop there? Also Germany seems to have the most generous benefits for asylum seekers, partly as a consequence of which they take in many more refugees than we do.

So they're economic migrants then :?:

Just like the Brits in the early 80s going to Germany to get work when there was none here...anyone old enough to remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet? And by the way, I've corrected your grammar (please note the spelling, MPH)
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:33 pm

George Dawes wrote:

I think most Germans are way beyond that by now George. I'm not far off 50, and my Mum was born the year WW2 started. I'm sure most Germans feel no guilt for what happened then. Do you feel guitly over Dresden? Do Americans feel guilty over Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

So they're economic migrants then :?:

Just like the Brits in the early 80s going to Germany to get work when there was none here...anyone old enough to remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet? And by the way, I've corrected your grammar (please note the spelling, MPH)

:?: Can migrants understand Grammar :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Phil Anderer wrote:Just like the Brits in the early 80s going to Germany to get work when there was none here...anyone old enough to remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet? And by the way, I've corrected your grammar (please note the spelling, MPH)

:?: Can migrants understand Grammar :?:

Can some on SVs?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:36 am

There's an awful lot of emotive rubbish talked about the 'refugees and asylum seekers'. The overwhelming majority are simply economic migrants.

For the French or anyone else to claim that they have taken in more immigrants than the UK is cobblers, given the fact that last year alone the UK took in nearly 300,000 of them, and around 3 Million [probably a lot more] over the past 10 years.

It can't carry on at this rate, our infrastructure is creaking under the strain. There's a severe housing shortage, and ever increasing friction caused by the apparent inability to remove illegals, or failed asylum seekers.

It isn't 'compassion' that's needed, but practical help in limiting numbers until we are able to accommodate them properly.

Merely parroting the usual 'humanitarian help' rhetoric isn't helpful. In fact it's damaging to a VERY generous nation of charitable givers!

Do we lack compassion? Not if it comes at too great cost to ourselves.

The cost of uncontrolled immigration both 'legal' and illegal has consequences not comprehended by those who advocate it. How come? Mainly because those who advocate are well off, middle-class Left Wingers who are not affected in the short term by the effects.

It is the Lefties who lack compassion. They lack it for the working classes of the UK!

When a football ground reaches capacity the gates are closed. Well, the UK has reached that capacity too!
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:03 am

SolentShrimp wrote:Right wing bollocks about economic migrants from someone who worked most of his career abroad
Actual false emotive statement, not backed up by the facts
Made up statistic that more than 5% of the UK population are migrants
Infrastructure failing, not due to government underfunding but all those pesky migrants on £35 a week.
No need for compassion.
No need for humanitarian attitudes.

Do we lack compassion? Yes if it comes at cost to ourselves.
Daily Mail style headline nonesense.

A condensed version of your post. :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 am

Just out of interest how many migrants does the IoM have.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Freez » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Keith is one of the statistics!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Freez wrote:Keith is one of the statistics!! :D

Exactly! Economic migrant, lack of opportunity in Morecambe area, so I moved somewhere that had better opportunity. Population when I moved here was roughly 55,000 now it is about 85,000 so probably more migrants than Manx born.

The issue should be about enabling people to be productive.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:38 pm

And the eligibity criteria you had to meet in order to live and work on the Isle of Man was?
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:And the eligibity criteria you had to meet in order to live and work on the Isle of Man was?

Work Permit for the job (not person) for five years. New WP required for any new job during that time.

Can be deported & banned from Island for convictions during the first ten years. Usually convictions related to drugs and/or violent behaviour but occasionally finances or persistent offending.

No right to access Social Care during the first five years but can access Health Care (despite the department being the DoH&SC!) Minimal benefits.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby slackAlice2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 am

SolentShrimp
When a football ground reaches capacity the gates are closed. Well, the UK has reached that capacity too!

Yeah… but I’ve come a long , long , long way and I can see through a gap that the ground isn’t that full , there are empty seats and there are some people taking up a lot more room than they need.
I can also see what a ball a lot of the people are having, loads of food and drink and the people inside seem to be able to come and go as they please, they can come outside the ground and then go back in at will.
The facilities inside are like a palace, clean running water, toilets, and medical attention should you need it, help if you get lost, police and stewards if anybody’s intimidating you or harassing you.

It isn’t much fun out here I can tell you , none of the above and its dangerous with NO protection or safe place.

What reason can you give me for not allowing me in then? You see where I’ve come from there ain’t any football or grounds, or if there was its all been destroyed.

The rules state you’ve reached capacity; who makes the rules?
So the people inside are just lucky are they? They got there first or they’ve always been in there and they are going to stay there for as long as they want?

I’m just really unlucky am I ? ?

You see I just want to come in and enjoy what you’re enjoying, I’ve dreamed of getting in there for about 20 years now.
In fact I’ve stopped dreaming now, I’m coming in by hook or by crook; even if it kills me.
There’s no where else to go.
slackAlice2

Postby SolentShrimp » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:14 am

slackAlice2 wrote: Yeah… but I’ve come a long , long , long way and I can see through a gap that the ground isn’t that full, there are empty seats and there are some people taking up a lot more room than they need.

Sorry mate. It's our football ground, we set the capacity, and so far as we're concerned it's full.

slackAlice2 wrote:I can also see what a ball a lot of the people are having, loads of food and drink and the people inside seem to be able to come and go as they please, they can come outside the ground and then go back in at will.

I've told you once, it's our ground, we make the rules, and it's full.

slackAlice2 wrote:The facilities inside are like a palace, clean running water, toilets, and medical attention should you need it, help if you get lost, police and stewards if anybody’s intimidating you or harassing you.

I don't know who told you that. The ground's full, it's Safety Certificate is running out, and all the ground facilities are in disrepair. There's no food available in the canteen for a lot of the fans. That's three times I've told you that you're not coming in.

slackAlice2 wrote:It isn’t much fun out here I can tell you, none of the above and its dangerous with NO protection or safe place.

Believe me, it's not much fun for a lot of people already in the ground. That's the fourth time!

slackAlice2 wrote:What reason can you give me for not allowing me in then? You see where I’ve come from there ain’t any football or grounds, or if there was its all been destroyed.

Heard it all before mate. How much did it cost you to get here? I'm losing count now, please go away.

slackAlice2 wrote:The rules state you’ve reached capacity; who makes the rules?
So the people inside are just lucky are they? They got there first or they’ve always been in there and they are going to stay there for as long as they want? I’m just really unlucky am I ? ?

I didn't vote the idiots who made the rules. In fact, so far as I know I don't think anybody voted for them! Please go away!

slackAlice2 wrote:You see I just want to come in and enjoy what you’re enjoying, I’ve dreamed of getting in there for about 20 years now. In fact I’ve stopped dreaming now, I’m coming in by hook or by crook; even if it kills me.

That's a nice mobile phone you've got!

slackAlice2 wrote:There’s no where else to go.

I know the feeling mate, I don't think I belong here nowadays. I'd emigrate to another team, but you know what they say about the grass not being any greener on the other side!

Have a nice day. :arrow:

SolentShrimp

Postby Freez » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Those are opinions, not usable answers by the way!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby slackAlice2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 pm

:lol:

Go away please !

I'll tell you what you can do with "Your go away please" !
We ain't going anywhere; because I REALLY mean to get in there.

Just because 'some' people were lucky enough to be born on the right side of the fence and we weren't; we should crawl back to where we've come from and live a life of poverty / terror / misery ?

I think its the start of things . The UK will have to take its fair share in the future ; its part of being a 'highly successful , relatively wealthy nation', you've got to KEEP helping others for as long as it takes.
Have rules about who can claim what and how many people you can support.
But higher fences and more dogs is just stalling , silly , gesture politics , pandering to right wing types.
The 'I'm alright Jack brigade'.
Have a nice day. :lol:
This lot probably will end up sending the military down there if it doesn't calm down.
slackAlice2

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:54 pm

How many of us think the gulf between the Premiership and the rest of football has grown too wide? In fact, even the top third of the Premiership and the rest? Wouldn't football be better all around if the cake was cut a little bit fairer?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 pm

There is a top 5, then 3 more holding on to their shirtstrings, then 12 from the bottom half who together with the yoyos from the Championship are all on the same level with the occasional injection as they lay their hands on the TV money.

In Man Utds desperation to compete they have offered £100m for Bale, wonder if they will let him across the Channel?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion