Morecambe 1 Burton 2 PLAYER LiVE from the Globe

Re: Morecambe 1 Burton 2 PLAYER LiVE from the Globe

Postby Aal » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Yes, they were outclassed by the away fans second half
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:12 pm

I only heard em singing for a few minutes in the first half and i was very close to the kindergarten!! Though i admit there was absolutely nothing to sing about on the pitch. Thank god there's only one home game left! Oh renewed my season ticket AND paid for a new one for a mate! Glutton for punishment eh :lol:
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

very poor today,some really sloppy defending,which caused both goals,other than redshaw no threat whatsoever.Burton very professional not brilliant but very effective p-laying a high line.WE completely played into their hands
why was ellison not substituted worst player on pitch
scalehallshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

A complete and utter shambolic performance from the very first minute to the last.

What happened to putting pressure on the Burton defence from minute one as last week v Portsmouth :?: :?: :?:

From the initial 'casual' warm up our lot looked like they where already in holiday mood.

Just can't understand why the manager persisted with Ellison today who contributed absolutely nothing and to keep him on the field when so ineffective and that despite him getting a booking was unbelievable.

Fleming was back to his usual self. Passing back at every opportunity and actually putting other players in danger.

The less said about Hughes today the better but Paz can be excused todays error but his distribution is terrible.

All in all a very, very bad day at the office and one that goes to show that we badly need an influx of new blood next season.

No wonder the guy sitting next to me said that he wouldn't return to The Globe to watch such utter crap...and this being his very first visit.

Jimbo you got it tactically and team selection wise wrong today..... :cry:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Match stats: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/li ... ton-albion

So much possession and so much of it crap.... :evil:
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Funny as hell when the Burton fans sang at them, "Are you old enough to buy a beer??!!" :lol:

As for the performance, abysmal.

I left the ground last Saturday after the Pompey game on a complete high. Today was completely the opposite.

Kev should have been subbed as has been said. Nothing to offer at all today.

Once again, the sideways and backwards stuff frustrated us all in the sunshine.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby underbank » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Yet again, Kev wasn't with it yet still wasn't sub'd? We didn't get many chances, but two or three fell to Kev and he was half asleep and too slow to take advantage. He may be "fit" buy his reactions are poor.

Flemmo terrible again today - one good match occasionally doesn't justify a new contract - time for him to go this summer as he has no consistency and seems to do more harm than good. How many more poor matches does he need to prove his worth?

Morecambe looked like they couldn't be bothered even before the match with a very lazy shambolic warm up session. What a contrast with Burton who looked very sharp in well organised warm up before each half.

We really missed Edwards today. Hughes was poor and Paz seems a nervous wreck on the ball these days.
underbank

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Jamie Devitt looked like he'd already packed for his summer jollies today.
Seasider9601

Terrible performance today and poor management

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Agree with most of the posts so far....Kev awful...shouldn't have started, last week v Pompey the 2 up front ran their socks off and caused the defence all sorts of problems.....so what does Jim do, reverts back to the previous partnership of Kev and Jack who IMHO have laboured lately....although Jack had a reasonable game today.......he also brings back Hughes.....I assume Edwards injured???? and the solid defence we saw from last week today looked shakey....Paz has had his worst 4 or 5 match spell I can remember for the last 4 seasons, he really looks nervous on the ball, his clearances are rushed and hardly find a red shirt (although would have been my player of the season but I didn't see a voting box..although didn't look too hard I admit).......Hughes seems to totally disrupt the defence, he makes other players around him make errors as he always seems to demand the keeper gives him the ball, then hoofs it upfield aimlessly, a great tackler and blocker of the ball but poor distributor of the ball and certainly gave away their second goal by playing A into a no win situation........all in all very poor again at home today.......finally Congratulations to Burton on their promotion and to their wonderful travelling fans today
Arnside Red

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Sorry underbank but I thought Flemming had a hard fought gameand played well but others around him might aswell been on their holidays.When I walked in and saw the lineup Ithought that it was too defensive and it took till the 65th minute to make a sub :roll:
halfwayprawn

Postby Lankyshrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Thought we were very poor today with very little to make anyone come back again.

1st half- some bright touches from Jack who showed he can be dangerous with the ball at his feet. Great penalty save but then completely undone by a soft goal after a mistake from Paz. Burton looked sharp and pressed us every time we had he ball.

2nd half- didn't think we ever got going and it was pretty inevitable that another goal would come for them. Thought the ref was maybe taking pity on us by not sending Stav off. Hughes goal looked offside then all of a sudden a brief flurry of activity and maybe a half chance of an equaliser.

Players
Good- Stav

Not bad- Beeley, Jack (first half only), Kenyon

Bad- Hughes, Parrish, Wilson, Fleming, Devitt, Wildig

awful- Ellison
Lankyshrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Mention to the groundsman. I thought the pitch for this time of year is absolutely brilliant. Probably why Jim also doesn't moan about it anymore. Still what is the point in having a good playing surface, for the away teams to pass it and play around us and for us to hoof it up to no man's land.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:53 am

Yep can't blame the pitch..
Have to say it, but for 2 games we won in a row and were great without our captain and Mullers/Podge up front made a difference.. even young McGowan scored.. hope Ryan E is ok, and I agreed with Stav for MOM, even though he probably is on his way with Baz waiting to pounce

Oh, hang on lets drop all this lot and revert back to , err, oh shit we are crap again :?

+1 that was :shock: when Kev wasn't subbed

Thank goodness we got the points before these last 4 games..

Well done Burton, were'nt brilliant by any means but frightened us to death, put pressure on everyone high up the field and made us panic like schoolboys..

Just met good bunch of Brewers in Smokeys having a great night, well done to them a few more that have happy memories of our welcome banner... did say we were going to alter it slightly to goodbye to L2 but you need to lend us a few quid!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 pm

It's a challenging thought that although this season will end as our best under Jim and Ken in terms of points and (hopefully) position, IMO it has probably been the worst season in terms of performances and entertainment.

It was extremely disappointing that the tactics and set up yesterday were obviously negative, coupled with the half hearted performances from a number of players already on their holidays, when we could have set up positively and made a real good game of it when we had nothing to lose.

In the end, we were so outclassed by Burton that it was almost embarrassing. I realise the score line does not reflect that.

Well done to them though, a very well run club who fully deserve their success.
Morecambe Jack

Postby james456 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Burton were a lot better than us but we contributed to our own demise with sloppy passing and constant panicking. The problem I have is that we cannot play against any team that press us and it worries me that if even a Sunday league team set up to press us high up, we wouldn't be able to beat them. Unfortunately I don't have the answer.

Stav had a mixed game - great saves but silly pen to give away and some bad kicking. Beeley should have been man of the match. Kevin was awful.
james456

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Amazing to think that after we beat Bury + Portsmouth, if we had continued the run and beat York then Burton we would be two points off the play offs with two games to go. Mental really.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:36 am

North Terrace 1st half
BurtonNorthTerrace.jpg
BurtonNorthTerrace.jpg (214.34 KiB) Viewed 692 times

2nd half
NorthTerrace2ndhalf.jpg
NorthTerrace2ndhalf.jpg (190.54 KiB) Viewed 692 times

JimmyFloyd.jpg
JimmyFloyd.jpg (223.35 KiB) Viewed 692 times
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am

BurtonHome.jpg
BurtonHome.jpg (178.88 KiB) Viewed 691 times
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 am

Superb photo's, Mark :D
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:40 am

Still find it difficult to understand why v Portsmouth we pressed their back line into making mistakes but v Burton we never put them under any pressure which allowed them to play the ball our of defense through their midfield.

For me the team selection that had proved so successful the previous week with Mullers and Padraig up front was needlessly changed which resulted in, not for the first time this season, Jack being marked by a man mountain and having to resort to coming back into the midfield to get hold of the ball. And Kevin's contribution was minimal but he still remained on the field when he was clearly off his game.

:? :? :?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion