Should the club clarify the replay prices?

Re: Should the club clarify the replay prices?

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:38 pm

As it will be December on Tuesday a £14 ticket, which is £11.91p + VAT should Be £13.70p so have your loose change ready! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Callum wrote:
ezz wrote:
Callum wrote:I have to say this is a complete and utter joke. Living away at uni I can't afford to get to as many games as i can but still go to a fair amount. I've been looking forward to this as soon as the draw came out, I love the FA cup and like many fans and that extra buzz going to the game today. Whether the game should have been abandoned is one debate but for the club to charge the same again they can forget it.

I know this message board is renowned for not being able to criticise the board but like Shrimpman said, Chesterfield are charging £1 for what is a bonus game in terms of revenue. If the club charged £1 and got a decent crowd in which could spur on the team on to the next round surely it would be worth it.

I'm really disappointed with the club, I will not be going on tuesday and I'm not travelling back and paying again.

Boohoo go watch Chesterfield then

Wow what a terrifically constructed post. I suppose that with your finances you go to every game home and away then?

No actually im probably worse off finanacially than you, i just dont moan about it
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pandashrimp » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Here here Callum, being a student i am also in exactly the same boat. I came back yesterday and i have to admit whilst leaving the ground (AFTER BEING TOLD THE IMPORTANCE TO RETAIN THE MATCH TICKET!), i was actually getting excited at a second crack tuesday night, especially if with the possibility of a dream draw today which would have added to the tie overall as a spectacle. However this price situation came about- their board or ours, i do not believe that end enough has been done to appease the fans. Remember this was meant to be an AGREEMENT between the clubs.

Ezz you need to grow up and look at the bigger picture, everyone has different circumstances: student, familes to support etc but at the end of the day we all want to support the club but it isn't always that simple. The club no matter what extent at fault will come under criticism and people will want to express their discontent. I know 3 truley commited reds that are all contemplating not going this tuesday.
I WILL be staying to go to the match, i will probably have a grumble to myself on entry to the ground but i will be behind the team and wanting to be forking out again for round 3! However the two teams have put a sour note in the build up to what should be an eagerly anticipated cup tie.
Pandashrimp

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:Here here Callum, being a student i am also in exactly the same boat. I came back yesterday and i have to admit whilst leaving the ground (AFTER BEING TOLD THE IMPORTANCE TO RETAIN THE MATCH TICKET!), i was actually getting excited at a second crack tuesday night, especially if with the possibility of a dream draw today which would have added to the tie overall as a spectacle. However this price situation came about- their board or ours, i do not believe that end enough has been done to appease the fans. Remember this was meant to be an AGREEMENT between the clubs.

Ezz you need to grow up and look at the bigger picture, everyone has different circumstances: student, familes to support etc but at the end of the day we all want to support the club but it isn't always that simple. The club no matter what extent at fault will come under criticism and people will want to express their discontent. I know 3 truley commited reds that are all contemplating not going this tuesday.
I WILL be staying to go to the match, i will probably have a grumble to myself on entry to the ground but i will be behind the team and wanting to be forking out again for round 3! However the two teams have put a sour note in the build up to what should be an eagerly anticipated cup tie.

I dont need to grow i'm perfectly fine thanks, i believe you shouldn't moan at the club, the prices to go watch morecambe are one of the lowest in the league. You need to grow up and accept how i feel on the matter. I am a student too and guess what we get in to matches cheaper than everyone else!!!!!!!!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 pm

I'm presuming that the people who want free/greatly reduced/slightly reduced/half price admission actually want the club to lose a lot of money on Tuesday? Because that's what will happen. More expenses to Cheltenham, hotel might not be available so they might need a more expensive one, more electricity as the floodlights will need to be on for longer, not sure about revenue in terms of hospitality sales, etc etc. Plus, obviously, 2/3 of the gate receipts are given to Cheltenham and the FA because it's a cup tie.

So to expect to pay these very low prices, we are, actually cutting our collective noses off to spite our faces.

But of course people don't care about that, because they're selfish, they're only concerned about their own pocket. With good reason, but nevertheless, it means the club lose out big time, and seeing as we're supposed to be SUPPORTERS of the club, I think a little more understanding should be the order of the day.

The likes of Chesterfield can obviously afford it, but we can't.
Number 1

Postby slackAlice » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Number 1

they're only concerned about their own pocket.

Of course fans are concerned about their own pockets !!! Its a lot of money following your team these days week in - week out and sometimes like THIS time - it gets a bit much. Everybodys different, financially speaking , but I spend enough on my football and whoever / whatever's dictated the decision to charge FULL price for Tuesday's match - IMO its wrong. I'm not blaming our board/ chairman or theirs for that matter. There running a Football Club / Business and I like everybody else have a choice - to go and pay full price or to stay at home. Its up to them how they price admission and pay their employees, but each fan has a choice and its not whining and moaning when fans choose not to go to a certain match. We are very quick to criticize the 'Money bloated' top teams and what they charge.

I do resent any insinuations that this represents disloyalty or lack of support
slackAlice

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:41 pm

slackAlice wrote:Number 1

No one's questioning anyone's loyalty to the team, but it's double standards to say you support the team, but then turn round and say you want them to lose money purely for your own benefit surely?
Number 1

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm

I've never read such utter rubbish in my life!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby slackAlice » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Number 1 wrote:
slackAlice wrote:Number 1

No one's questioning anyone's loyalty to the team, but it's double standards to say you support the team, but then turn round and say you want them to lose money purely for your own benefit surely?

Watching Morecambe FC is something I love to do with the money I have spare after I've paid all the important stuff in life - if thats 'my benefit' then so be it. I am not privy to Morecambe FC's financial status or how much they may make or lose on any given match. I am a Football supporter who goes to watch their team when / if I can afford too - I'm not in a position to support them finacially beyond that. I do not want them to lose money - I want them to thrive and be successful within their means.
But the bottom line for me is decisions along the lines of Tuesday's admission will, in the long run, be detrimental to the clubs both MFC & CTFC
slackAlice

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:28 pm

Either way whatever the clubs decide......they wont win
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Number 1 wrote:I'm presuming that the people who want free/greatly reduced/slightly reduced/half price admission actually want the club to lose a lot of money on Tuesday? Because that's what will happen. More expenses to Cheltenham, hotel might not be available so they might need a more expensive one, more electricity as the floodlights will need to be on for longer, not sure about revenue in terms of hospitality sales, etc etc. Plus, obviously, 2/3 of the gate receipts are given to Cheltenham and the FA because it's a cup tie.

So to expect to pay these very low prices, we are, actually cutting our collective noses off to spite our faces.

But of course people don't care about that, because they're selfish, they're only concerned about their own pocket. With good reason, but nevertheless, it means the club lose out big time, and seeing as we're supposed to be SUPPORTERS of the club, I think a little more understanding should be the order of the day.

The likes of Chesterfield can obviously afford it, but we can't.

Good grief what utter nonsense :?

Firstly by making the admission half price I'm pretty certain the attendance will be more than twice it would have been on tuesday had the admission remained full price. Therefore it is, in all likelihood, a revenue generating measure.

Then you go on a chrsties Child rant making out that we as supporters somehow owe the club.
we don't. I've put plenty of money into that club over the last 11 years, dragging my family (kicking and screaming) along to games, buying programmes, pies, open the box tickets and items from the shop. I've done my bit, as have most of us on here.

It's not about selfishness or loyalty it's about being treated fairly, and credit to the club they have seen that.
Dazzer

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 am

Number 1 wrote:I'm presuming that the people who want free/greatly reduced/slightly reduced/half price admission actually want the club to lose a lot of money on Tuesday? Because that's what will happen. More expenses to Cheltenham, hotel might not be available so they might need a more expensive one, more electricity as the floodlights will need to be on for longer, not sure about revenue in terms of hospitality sales, etc etc. Plus, obviously, 2/3 of the gate receipts are given to Cheltenham and the FA because it's a cup tie.

C'est la vie for a business though - we don't get in cheaper to play-off semi finals because there will be more people there.

Anyway, I'm glad an acceptable decision for all has been reached, I just wish a statement hadn't been made on Saturday night, when surely it would have been more sensible to let the dust settle until Sunday
campdave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:50 am

I see a lot of speculation towards revenue/expenditure of putting on the game in this thread. Quite simply, unless you are a club official you don't know and your only guessing the costs. What we can't put a value on is the goodwill generated due to the action taken by the board.
RedRedWine1

Previous

Return to General Discussion