FA Cup replay date set

Re: FA Cup replay date set

Postby steve mfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:22 pm

The Red Knight wrote:Chesterfield's game got abandoned today and they are charging £1 entry to all fans for the re-arranged game. See the last paragraph.

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10435~46787,00.html

Well if that's the case then it is up to the clubs and not the F.A, unless there is a different rule for a game which is abandoned at half time.
steve mfc

Postby Aal » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Well done the Spireites. I bet they get a bigger attendance than the figure quoted on the website report about their game today :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:46 pm

steve mfc wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:Chesterfield's game got abandoned today and they are charging £1 entry to all fans for the re-arranged game. See the last paragraph.

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10435~46787,00.html

Well if that's the case then it is up to the clubs and not the F.A, unless there is a different rule for a game which is abandoned at half time.

What most people seem to think is that it's an FA ruling that any alteration to admission prices have to be agreed by both teams, as for FA Cup matches, admission is split down the middle
campdave

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Some how somebody has changed this post, as my original didn't refer to Mark as Diacritical

I read it moments after it was posted and it did say Diacritical.
Phoenix

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Prices should be the same as they were today.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby slackAlice » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:54 pm

ezz wrote:Prices should be the same as they were today.

Why ?
slackAlice

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 pm

Well I don't think I'll be there.

I'm not to 13 quid but I don't like being ripped off, and I don't care whose decision it is, the clubs, the FA or Barrack bleeding Obamma's, I feel we are being taken for a ride here.

All the best to the lads tuesday I'll be cheering them on but it won't be from Christie Park

A PR own goal from the club - well done Chesterfield.
Dazzer

Postby mfc:) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:02 pm

I hope i see new information on the mfc website saying something to different prices and the crowd will be terrible i think.
mfc:)

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:06 pm

probably be abandoned again on tuesday
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wisi;sess=
Shrimpman

Postby Aal » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:16 pm

I hear that for Grays v Carlisle game the tickets were valid from the previous game!
Aal

Postby Morecamber » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:17 pm

That makes 7 of us mate. Me and my dad are off to Burnley Arsenal.

My dad's been listening to 5 live. Grays vs Carlisle, Carlisle didnt have to pay anything to get in. Chesterfield have to pay a quid whoever there playing. People have been complaining and Rod Taylor came on the phone saying it's rules and regulations for full prices. Five Live told us to boycott the game.

This is what my dad said :l
Last edited by Morecamber on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morecamber

Postby CASS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:18 pm

We had all this WhooHa last season when Rain bolloxed the Job v Darlo.Then it affected those without Season tickets...This time it's everyone.How many season ticket holders are disgruntled ?.welcome to the club. But I will be paying whatever.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Aal » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:21 pm

I too heard Mark Chapman advise us to boycott the game. It's not just us who are being ripped off it's the folk from Cheletenham too for sure.

Not sure a boycott will work but I have better things to spend my £13 on at this time of year.

It is a disgrace, but the blame may lie as much with Cheltenham officials as with our own board
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:22 pm

Morecamber wrote:That makes 7 of us mate. Me and my dad are off to Burnley Arsenal.

My dad's been listening to 5 live. Grays vs Carlisle, Carlisle didnt have to pay anything to get in. Chesterfield have to pay a quid whoever there playing. People have been complaining and Rod Taylor came on the phone saying it's rules and regulations for full prices. Five Live told us to boycott the game.

This is what my dad said :l

...and what good will boycotting the game do? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Morecamber » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:23 pm

Did both clubs agree full prices? No wonder Cheltenham agreed. They only took 81 to Oldham last round for the replay. There giving them free coach travel down so they pay to get in. That's not the point though, each teams share the gate money.

I just don't know about the prices. I think I would be annoyed if I could make the game but they should charge us half maybe.

I didn't say it would be good, its what five live said CC.
Morecamber

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:30 pm

I wasn't suggesting that you said it and if i implied that I did then I'm sorry....and if Rod mentioned rules and regulations on the radio then even more reason why a statement is required especially if another club is only going to charge a quid!
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:39 pm

I think its disgusting. The matter needs to be clarified by the club as to why they feel the need to charge the full price, and their justifications for doing so. Has it been a joint decision from both clubs? I'm sorry, but what has been put on the website simply is not good enough.
RedRedWine1

Postby CASS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:41 pm

[/quote]

...and what good will boycotting the game do? :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]
None what so ever,what sort of people would resort to that? If you do not have the money fair enough,but WHAT could M.F.C done about today ? not safecinmuch !! From time to time in life can seem unfair and grip you by the bits,and it hurts but instead of moaning DEAL WITH IT.
You cannot expect a club who cannot draw 2000 fans to F.A.cup game to stand all the expence
a replay would cost,Remember where we where and remember where we are now ...Stop Fucking moaning This is our TEAM.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:44 pm

CASS...South Lakes united!
Christies Child

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 pm

All these people that want a reduction on Tuesday because they missed 30 minutes today, how much would you pay extra when a game goes into extra time?
Phoenix

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Morecamber wrote: Five Live told us to boycott the game.

Alan Green? Being a twat? Surely not.
campdave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Boycotting doesnt benefit anyone - but neither does making everyone pay full admission surely. There is bound to be a low attendance which makes a crap atmosphere and it cant bring in as much money as if the admission was lower but more people went?

As has been said, its coming up to christmas and people will not want to pay to watch the same game twice in one week (come on, the game today didnt even create any more enthusiasm than a league 2 fixture). I wont be going to the game, but thats because im in Manchester and cant afford to pay train fare and entrance twice in the space of a week (poor student you see :lol: :lol: :P ).
Morecambe Jack

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 pm

I love it how people from south lakes feel the need to capitalise letters to define a point. LOOK AT ME, I HAVE CAPS LOCK! :roll:

At this stage people aren't really blaming the club, they are asking for an explanation. I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of one though.
RedRedWine1

Postby mfc:) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:55 pm

I am not happy with us having to pay full price but am going to show my support on hopefully to a morecambe victory.
Last edited by mfc:) on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfc:)

Postby BHmfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:56 pm

I was also listening to 5-LIVE and our club gave some bxxxsxxx about FA regulations stating that if a game is abandoned during the 2nd half, then up to full price can be charged for the re-match. To charge full price is a PR disaster and there is no way i will be going Tuesday night, paying out £26 in total. Sorry MFC, but i feel let down by my club who i have followed home and away for many, many years, but i will not be following on Tuesday night. I can't believe iv'e just said that, but that's how strongly i feel.
BHmfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion