Loan Signings

Re: Loan Signings

Postby badger » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:18 pm

I dont think sammy knows his first eleven yet.
he has played a different team nearly every week and this is why they are struggling to gel.
and if we are talking about fetching loan players in we will never get a settled team.
badger

Postby steve mfc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Pace is certainly an issue but the difference between the good first half of last season and what has happend since is not down to pace alone, losing Thommo and Baker was a major blow but again not the only reason that we are not doing as well this season.

What we achieved was down to playing every game like a cup tie, the closing down was brilliant coupled with good movement. We didn't have the best players in the league but the team work and commitment shown by the players more than made up for it.

What it did do was allow us to over achieve, being realistic it was never really likely that we could keep that level of performance going all season.

This season we haven't got any where near that level, first half in particular we seem to be at about 70%, fine if you have got the best players in the league you can get away with it.

A lot of people have complained about playing a long ball game, personally i don't think its intentional, the opposition close us down from the start giving us little time on the ball, couple that with poor movement and you end up with little option but to hoof it up field, second half we come out and all of a sudden we are doing to them what they have been doing to us and we are back in the game.

Its a bit like when Stanley won the conference, they didn't have the most gifted team but they had the desire and work rate, and its that attitude that has kept them in the league.

So unless we are going to pick up a couple of of the best players this league has to offer then the only way we can survive is by giving it 100% for the 90 minutes.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:43 pm

I think the club should hire NN as director of football
:roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:46 pm

steve mfc wrote:A lot of people have complained about playing a long ball game, personally i don't think its intentional, the opposition close us down from the start giving us little time on the ball, couple that with poor movement and you end up with little option but to hoof it up field...

But if we haven't got the players for a wide system and we are 'naturally' playing a long ball game, why not play a system that works with a long ball style. 4-1-2-1-2 for example, with Wayne behind the front two, so we've actually got players who can 'mix it up' and win that long ball. As it is, we're lining up with a system that requires wide men and pace when we haven't got those players and playing a style that isn't giving the front two a sniff.

morecambe mick wrote:
cultured wrote:Leeds are a League One outfit, their cast offs probably wouldn't make it in League 2, Vauxhall Conference North/National would be their level.

Where is league played?

Is it in this country?

Is that the best piece of sponsorship ever? :lol: :lol: :lol: Has it had two names since then or three?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby badger » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:48 pm

steve mfc wrote. giving it 100% for 90 minutes.

I agree, it is all about battling for 90 minutes. every player now has to stand up and be counted for.or we will all be in the blue square league next season. it does not have to be pretty football,they just have to get stuck in and show the fans they mean business for the full game. and hopefully we will get some good results out of it.i still think we need someone up front with real good pace,and sammy has to start playing his first eleven every week so they can start to gel.
badger

Postby steve mfc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:35 pm

Keith wrote:
steve mfc wrote:A lot of people have complained about playing a long ball game, personally i don't think its intentional, the opposition close us down from the start giving us little time on the ball, couple that with poor movement and you end up with little option but to hoof it up field...

But if we haven't got the players for a wide system and we are 'naturally' playing a long ball game, why not play a system that works with a long ball style. 4-1-2-1-2 for example, with Wayne behind the front two, so we've actually got players who can 'mix it up' and win that long ball. As it is, we're lining up with a system that requires wide men and pace when we haven't got those players and playing a style that isn't giving the front two a sniff.

Well if we are going to play a long ball game intentionally or not, then the player that is best at this is Blinkhorn, i know a lot of people don't rate him but he is good at holding the ball up and retaining possession which at least will take some pressure off the defence.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:21 am

And if you are going that way (not saying I agree you should but IF...) then I'd make a case for Hunter back in the middle with the instruction to make sure he picks up the second ball. Have him scurrying around chasing the knock-downs from Blinks and then either running at the defence or looking for Howe.

(All sounding a bit desperate, though).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Aspers » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:17 am

I think its all about wanting to win.
I am not blaming the management for our current situation.
The blame is firmly with the players.
And if anyone dare to take me to task on this all I can say in my defence is Gillingham,
We got a lucky point against Rochdale, then get tonked by Brentford.
Its time to shit or get off the pot.

But like I said in recent posts I get Setanta who show Blue Square live.
Aspers

Previous

Return to General Discussion