OH SAMMY SAMMY....

Re: OH SAMMY SAMMY....

Postby ockers » Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 pm

rafa benitez....................... :o
ockers

Postby DeeBee » Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 pm

I vote for Aspers. Of course, we wouldn’t win any games but it would be great fun and we’d be knee deep in celebrities! :lol: :lol:
DeeBee

Postby ockers » Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm

DeeBee wrote:I vote for Aspers. Of course, we wouldn’t win any games but it would be great fun and we’d be knee deep in celebrities! :lol: :lol:

we should be so lucky
lucky lucky lucky..................... 8-)
ockers

Postby John L » Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

DeeBee wrote:Just glad that nobody has suggested Paul Simpson. :o

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :?
John L

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Zola and Vialli amongst others are available

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/

If Bradford can't buy Coleman's contract out than how would we?

Coleman has no attachment whatsoever to Bratfud where as Morecambe was his second home and that could be all it takes..............................plus the brass ofcourse 8-)
HALMA 1983

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Neil McDonald ex Rovers No2 and lives in Garstang, with Jimbo as No2
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Paul Ince or Phil Parkinson ;)
Pandashrimp

Postby bristol-shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:Paul Ince or Phil Parkinson ;)

Incey would be a coup but not out of the question. Look what he did with Macclesfield.
bristol-shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Wait a minute! Sammy's desk isn't yet cleared :?
HALMA 1983

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Coley has recently signed a 'long deal' At Accrington with a 'substantial' compensation clause. I imagine that would rule him out to a degree.

There are a hell of a lot of excellent candidates out there and not just those out of jobs, there are those coming through and those in jobs. There will be an extensive list of applicants if it even goes out to interview. There may already be a shortlist of candidates to be approached.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Wait a minute! Sammy's desk isn't yet cleared :?

Yes it is. Soo officaial site
Pandashrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 pm

We finally have some closure.......................................Now lets all move on!
HALMA 1983

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Mon May 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Paul Simpson - absolutely
We win every time we see him !
SimplyRed MFC

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:14 pm

SimplyRed MFC wrote:Paul Simpson - absolutely
We win every time we see him !

:lol: so does everybody else
HALMA 1983

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Cheers Sammy and don't forget Mark Lillis. Not sure who we will get but personally wouln't mind Paul Ince.
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon May 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Paul Ince is a grade A twat - wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

Jim Bentley is obviously going to be in the frame, but beyond that I wouldn't have a clue. See who applies, I guess.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Mon May 09, 2011 2:37 pm

For me, Jim Bentley. He's been coaching since he was in his twenties. He's a 'networking' type of person, so I bet he's got excellent contacts on the quiet. He takes a real interest in the younger players and I'll bet if he was manager, he'd be out watching games every chance he got. He's Morecambe through & through and would have things organised the way he wanted them to be. Plus, we all know that he'd have players who would run through a brick wall for him, which is something Coleman has achieved at Accrington.

It was suggested to me on Saturday Graham Alexander with Jimbo as his number two, which on the face of it, I'd agree with, but perhaps that wage would be better spent somewhere else?

If Jimbo is appointed, I wonder if Stanners could be staying?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Mon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Now Sammy & Mark have left, I'd really like to know what Jim Bentley thinks about the managers position and whether he felt that the timing was right for him personally and that he was currently ready for the role.

I would hate to see a situation where he was out of his depth next winter and another grim relegation battle had to be survived.

Also I'd hate for Jim's sake to have a Port Vale situation where a new manager, Jim Gannon, couldnt work with an established Vale assistant, Geoff Horsfield, and with the resulting mess that ended up with.

Would Paul Ince be interested or even affordable in any case ? Graham Alexander would be interesting but an unproven manager with obviously no track record. How much of an attraction are we now to would-be managers ?

I think MFC should not rush into things but see who is interested and insist on an increased youth development policy plus an increased scouting network. as part of the role

Interestingly, should Jim Bentley not get the job, this would be the first time in a lot of years that there would be no orderly succession of a ready made MFC-orientated manager as in Jim Harvey / Sammy McIlroy so this is an even more extremely important decision to get right.

Going to be an interesting summer for sure.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Tablespider » Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm

As someone who hasn't been a big Sam fan for some time, watching some crazy decisions and watching unfit players getting paid to disappoint, I'm glad that the club have come to a mutual agreement.

My suggestion. With a built in get-out clause should the England job come available, Martin O'Neill.
If you want to know my opinion, ask my wife :)
Tablespider

Postby parkyboy » Mon May 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Robbie Savage he,s given over playing or maybe he has to good a media contract
parkyboy

Postby Sam » Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

I'd like Mark Wright with Sir Alex Ferguson as his assistant please.
Sam

Postby P/T Indie » Mon May 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm not sure about Alexander if we are going to go for an untried manager we have to go with Jimbo as at least we know a bit more about Jimbo and he has already started doing some good work with the reserves and younger players.
What do we really know about Alexander or anyother untried younger man that's for me why the choice has to be between Jimbo or a more experienced man.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Optimist » Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Happy now P/T Indie? Now Sammys gone? JH to return??
Optimist

Postby shrimper » Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 am

P/T Indie wrote:I'm not sure about Alexander if we are going to go for an untried manager we have to go with Jimbo as at least we know a bit more about Jimbo and he has already started doing some good work with the reserves and younger players.
What do we really know about Alexander or anyother untried younger man that's for me why the choice has to be between Jimbo or a more experienced man.

Contacts and experience at a much higher level in the north west, and he could still give us another season as a player in a position where we could do with a 'leader'.
Also I think he'd be the type to see it as a 'mission' to establish his name as a manager by working hard and being committed 24/7.
He'd lead a young and fresh management team, hopefully with Jimbo, with a new outlook and a different approach - which we need if we're going to build on what Sammy's achieved for us and kick on.

If not him or someone like him, I'd still be happier to give Jim the job than some 'journeyman' manager. Whatever their experience it'd still be a gamble - appointing any new manager is always that. If we're gambling then I'd like to gamble with one of 'our own' who at least has THIS club at heart.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 10, 2011 7:56 am

Optimist wrote:Happy now P/T Indie? Now Sammys gone? JH to return??

I never had anything against Sammy just had a feeling things were starting to go a bit stale and it was time for a change. I will admit the alarm bells started ringing for me a bit earlier than most people what with the summer signings over the past couple of seasons and the poor starts.

However I am deff not one of these that was a loyal Harvey fan in the end with JH I thought we kept him a year or two to long and it was time for a change there as well.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work they have both done for us I think they are both legends of the club but for both of them things went stale and it was time to move on. To see the state was Sammy was in on Sat was quite sad and I and hope he has a good rest before taking on his next challenege.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion