Morecambe 0 Wycombe 3 f/t

Re: Morecambe 0 Wycombe 3 f/t

Postby steve mfc » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Two incidents that totally changed the game was the injury to Wilson then the penalty, up until that point they didn't look like scoring.

Couldnt really tell if it was a penalty or not, but i thought Jevons was clearly fouled before they broke away to score the second, having said that Hunter and Charnock should have dealt with the situation between them, after that we were all over the place for the remainder of the half and they grew in confidence.

We certainly gave it a good go in the second half and did everything but score but by then it was game over, when your down the bottom you don't get much luck and our cause hasn't been helped in recent weeks by referees who seem to favour the opposition.
steve mfc

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Game was over at halftine. Second half was completely irrellevant as they just picked numbers and tracked that man for the half. We only played as they let us, people looking for positives aren't gonna find any - we lost 3-0 and the table doesn't lie. We are poor and I hope to god the two teams who have been consistently worse continue to do so as we couldnt buy a win at the moment.
LA1Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Has anybody else checked the league table and seen that Wycombe have the best goals against record of only 11 conceded in 19 matches , a good well drilled defence who were to good for us
parkyboy

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Glad we had Roche back; without him we'd have probably conceded more.

Parrish was outstanding - his performance one of the few positives to be taken from this game. Zac Aley was poor I'm afraid. Still, he obviously has some pace and gave it a go so I'll definitely give him more time to impress.

Carlton worked hard, Jevons did alright I thought - as did Shuker when he came on. Midfield was sadly quite anonymous and the defence just not composed enough at crucial times.

3-0 definitely flattered Wycombe. Performance wise, I didn't think they were much better than us. At the end of the day its sadly the same old story: They took their chances, we didn't. They defended properly for the 90 minutes, we didn't.
james456

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Sorry, but Wycombe thoroughly deserved to win, and I don't think the scoreline flattered them, given the number of near misses, last minutte tackles, and Barry's clearnace off the line with his foot. Even though we were playing against 12, and sometimes 13, and we came back much better in the second half, the game was comfortably theirs.

I have to agree over the officials as well, they seem to be getting worse. This Respect agenda's fine, but you can't excuse poor refereeing of the type we seem to be experiencing every home game at the moment. Can the board not complain to the Football League about this, as it seems they're taking the attitude of 'who can we dump on Morecambe this week?' Never thought I'd find myself having sympathy for Alex Ferguson...no, forget that, I've woken up again.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:28 pm

22/1 for 3.0 today :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Agree. Wycombe looked like they had a couple more gears in them and passed it around with real confidence. In contrast we chased the game and suffered from some poor performances. They let us play second half just to conserve themselves even to the extent of subbing their best players. Bringing on Pitman showed a strength in depth which we just couldn't match.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm

I think the simple word is "outclassed" . One plus is I'm not Welsh (football reference)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Were they the better side up to the penalty, not as far as im concerned, it was only after the second goal that they gave us the run around.
steve mfc

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Before the penalty incident they didn't look like they were going to score - I don't think they had a single shot on target up to that point. Wilson going off didnt help as we had to shuffle the back four. The penalty was soft for me from what I could see, but I wasn't in a great position. However, there was an obvious foul leading up to their second. After that Wycombe starting playing well and we were knocked for six. The third killed off any slim chance of a comeback.

Second half I thought we played ok - we just didnt take any of the chances we created. Parrish was superb again and was unlucky not to score when his header was cleared off the line. Others didnt perform though, and we seem to be carrying a handful of players every game (not always the same ones) and this is the problem.

The referee missed two blatent handballs, was inconsistant in his decisions and was generally just a twat. The FA can stick their respect campaign where the sun doesnt shine - they need to make referees accountable for their performances.

The last 3 home games are huge - Burton, Hereford and Northampton.
Morecambe Jack

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:11 pm

so thats an excuse is it :?: :?: :?:

you having a laugh................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:23 pm

refereeing calls do not overrule the fact that in 22 competitive games at the globe, we have won just 6, I think we will stay up, sammy will move on, and everyone will then tell us what the problems were in summer, i personally think our small town, fanbase, our location and non league history make it difficult to attract players of note, sammy would not admit this whilst a club boss, but it must be frustrating when no one wants to come here, the globe is great ,for us, but not such a great attraction for players with several better options nearer home (arts)
I had 2 spare season tickets today and could not find 2 people to come and sit in block c of the main stand free of charge, a bit last minute, but a worry, as the non existent fans were counted as part of todays attendance, the apathy towards our team from our town is disgusting and shaming, and is why we struggle to attract players who want to wear the shirt.
Last edited by mrpotatohead on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
2nd was Hunter losing the ball I think you will find and then he couldn't catch the player (37 years old Gareth Ainsworth)

Very impressed today with Gareth "Lennie the Lion" Ainsworth. At 37, he sure looked like he still had what it took. Could tell he'd played at a higher level.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:58 pm

as the non existant fans were counted as part of todays attendance

What do you mean by that

Ainsworth still looked an excellent player and most importantly an athlete, he looked strong and physically very fit regardless of his advanced years. That has been one of the alarming things this year, you look at many opposition players and they are the picture of the modern athlete, strong upper body, low body fat, powerful over short distance etc. Look accross our team and you would struggle to call any of our players athletic!?
LA1Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:06 pm

all season ticket holders are counted as automatic attendees, there or not, so if a season ticket holder does not attend, he or she is still on the attendance figure, this applies to the free season tickets given to local schools etc, as well as bought season tickets.
mrpotatohead

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 pm

all season ticket holders are counted as automatic attendees

Factually incorrect, the club has two figures a matchday attendance figure that is announced and a figure for total passes issued, total season tickets and matchday purchased tickets, which is recorded but not announced. There would be no sense in announcing the higher 'false' figure as there would be VAT implications etc.

The figure announced and in the paper tomorrow is a factual indication of the total people in the ground at that moment, not only would there be the vat implications there would be various health and safety issues and a number of football league regulations we would be violating.
LA1Shrimp

Postby MancShrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I had 2 spare season tickets today and could not find 2 people to come and sit in block c of the main stand free of charge.

Was that you mrpotatohead who walked up westgate with me and my mate after the England game? :o

For me dodgy pen! which changed the game, it looked like the guy nudged it on with his arm but was then brought down by Hunter, from where the ref was it probably looked like his chest. Im not defending the ref though i thought he was very inconsistant. Jevons and Carlton were getting assaulted by there centre halfs for most of the game.

Charnock seemed to stop running for their second even though he was 5 or 6 yards goal side of their forward. I missed the third as i went for a pie but there was none left :?

Second half improved performance but we just didn't look like scoring, one of those days where nothing seemed to fall for us infront of goal.
MancShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Twas i indeed fellah, you two lucky lads met the legend, as for the season ticket dispute, i entered the globe, as do many season ticket holders, up the reception stairs, without going through a turnstile, the pre bought season tickets raise no vat issues, so as i said earlier, there were less at the game than stated, simple as..... :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:50 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Twas i indeed fellah, you two lucky lads met the legend, as for the season ticket dispute, i entered the globe, as do many season ticket holders, up the reception stairs, without going through a turnstile, the pre bought season tickets raise no vat issues, so as i said earlier, there were less at the game than stated, simple as..... :roll:

fishing rod still there if ya want it

jetty end........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Like I said your still wrong, you no doubt entered through reception and a ticket was taken by Jodie or Gemma or who both have a turnstile pad, which they record everyone coming into the ground through reception on, a simple function that allows them to log the category of tickets coming through that entrance to reconcile to the number of comps etc issued. Each turnstile has a pad barring 1-4 whose matchday tickets are recorded through the ticket office and season tickets received recorded manually. I can categorically 100% say you are wrong on this, the attendance today was the exact number of attendees at todays game.
LA1Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 pm

what about the 3 season tickets in my pocket, all with unused tickets today, is it different at bradford, when it is nearly empty but it says 10,000 plus in the papers :?:

if two people had used my free tickets today who would have logged them in, who logged me in :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:16 pm

The three season tickets in your pocket are recorded at the beginning of the season and then effectively reconciled against that on a matchday when they are used, they were not recorded today as they were not used/input into the system. To be included in todays attendance a turnstile has to be swung round or an entrance recorded on a manual pad.

At all clubs season tickets show up in the total tickets sold/issued for the game, however this figure is not the figure announced, the figure announced is the people who entered the ground between 1pm and 3.45.

The same principle applies to unused comps, vouchers, soccer school tickets, etc.

Like I said all turnstile systems have two figures matchday attendance and total ticket issues/sales. 95% of clubs use the lower of the two - matchday attendance - physical swings of a turnstile.

Bradford must announce the total ticket sales/issued whether they are used or not, they will give the physical attendance figures to the police/league.
LA1Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:35 pm

so was i there today then :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby LA1Shrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:44 pm

I'm losing your point a bit here to be honest.

We have established that if you came into the ground your entrance would either be recorded through a turnstile or through a turnstile computer on reception, dependant on your point of entry. Everyone physically in the ground is included in the 1940 figure, your two unused tickets would be included in the total sales/issues returns to the league but obviously not in the matchday attendance, the total sales/issues for most clubs at this level are around an additional 10%-15% of the total attendance, so the likely issued ticket/sales for todays game would be circa 2150-2250.

The percentage of unused tickets obviously decreases the higher up the pyramid you go but in League 2 there are statistically a large number of unused tickets.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Dragofly » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:34 am

I too had 14 season tickets on me today, one I borrowed from you and 13 from well wishers who couldn't attend. Imagine my horror when I discovered a far better team on the piss in W&L Suite up for Gary thompsons Stag Night.
Dragofly

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion