Morecambe 1 - 2 Macclesfield (o.g. keeper???)

Re: Morecambe 0 - 1 Macclesfield

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 am

marky No.1 wrote:Thing is, next season they will be replaced with the likes of Crawley, Plymouth, Swindon and Bristol Rovers :o

That's like 4 home games for me and Doris :lol:
Plain Peter

Re: Morecambe 1 - 2 Macclesfield (o.g. keeper???)

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 am

I dont defend Sammy to the death though do I marky, all I said was that the board were right and you were wrong. Sammy stayed and he's turned it around in recent weeks and we no longer look set to go down. The difference is when we lose, you hate and slate sammy and its all his fault. When we win you hate and slate sammy and the players did well with the 'poor tactics'. So wind your neck in like the rest of the Sammy haters, we won at Barnet and the forum goes super quiet, we lose and there are 6 threads all moaning about 30mins after the match.

Joke of supporters
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:18 am

ezz wrote:I dont defend Sammy to the death though do I marky, all I said was that the board were right and you were wrong. Sammy stayed and he's turned it around in recent weeks and we no longer look set to go down. The difference is when we lose, you hate and slate sammy and its all his fault. When we win you hate and slate sammy and the players did well with the 'poor tactics'. So wind your neck in like the rest of the Sammy haters, we won at Barnet and the forum goes super quiet, we lose and there are 6 threads all moaning about 30mins after the match.

Joke of supporters

Or, the 'joke' of supporters are just bored of turning up and watching shit, boring football.
Turned it around in recent weeks... a massive run of two weeks...and then that display last night. What you don't seem to be acknowledging is that we are pretty much relying on other teams losing.
You wind you bloody neck in pal.
Moose

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:43 am

The thing that beat us tonite was high ball tactics and not playing the style of football that this set of players are capable of
parkyboy

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 am

What have this side shown this season that makes you think they are capable of playing any form of 'football'.

We have very very few players who look comfortable with the ball, how many times this season have you seen players panic under little to no pressure and gift the opposition possession - this all stems from a very basic lack of quality.

We invite pressure by constantly giving the ball away, last night the ball constantly came back at us, there seemed no one on the field was capable or willing of putting their foot on the ball, taking the sting out of the game and playing at our pace.
LA1Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 pm

The only time we showed we could do it last night we scored and we have done this season it in other matches,so dont spout the load of bull that we havent g,it doesnt wash with all of us ot players who can do it
parkyboy

Postby billybonz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm

First time I have ever been at a shrimps game and nearly nodded off! seriously wondering if I should bother again
billybonz

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Very poor performance, there were three players that stood out for me, Fleming, McCready and Parrish, how Wilson got the MOTM I will never know.

We were over ran in midfield and they were just stronger faster and more up for it than us. They were also all 6ft plus which didn't help.

Too many long balls up top that the strikers couldn't deal with, to take a goal scorer off immediately after a goal is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen, what was he thinking? The new lad did nothing, but to be fair he didn't have enough time and we played him upfront, I thought he was a winger?

I hope I never see Crapaldi in Morecambe shirt ever again, we should pay him off now and send him to Vegas early, hopefully losing all his money, having to sell his body for money and never coming back to the United Kingdom.

I thought after the Barnet game, we would kick on and try to climb the table to gain a little respect and success out of the season, looks like I was wrong.

IMO we are still not safe...
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

billybonz wrote:First time I have ever been at a shrimps game and nearly nodded off! seriously wondering if I should bother again

Here lies the main reason for our return to conference attendances, The attraction has gone and will only change with possibly the biggest clear out in the clubs history.
Change is good and I for one can't wait for it to happen!
HALMA 1983

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
billybonz wrote:First time I have ever been at a shrimps game and nearly nodded off! seriously wondering if I should bother again

Here lies the main reason for our return to conference attendances, The attraction has gone and will only change with possibly the biggest clear out in the clubs history.

Our average attendence is slightly up on last year so bore off. The whole reason for the ground move was because we cant afford to rely on our poor attendences.
Morecambe Jack

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:

Our average attendence is slightly up on last year so bore off. The whole reason for the ground move was because we cant afford to rely on our poor attendences.

Seems to me and many others you can't RELY on anything any longer
HALMA 1983

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm

In reference to Parkyboys post, I really dont understand or see where people get the idea that we have played well this season or that we are in a false position.

The league table doesnt lie, we are where we are as we have been consistently poor, we have had a few good results at Chesterfield and against Rotherham and of course Coventry but apart from that there have been a large portion of insipid displays, where we have gifted goals, surrendered position and looked completely inept in front of goal and lacking any real inginuity or craft.

I had the misfortune to see our lads at Blackburn in a pre season game and it was clear then as we were completely outplayed by a Blackburn youth team that it was going to be a tough and long season. The areas in the team that are lacking havent really been adressed and the signings that have been made to boost our league position havent exactly set the world on fire now have they. The only positive long term addition to the team has been Fleming who may still cost us a large amount of money pending tribunal.
LA1Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion