Fans' of Morecambe Supporters Club - Membership

Re: Fans' of Morecambe Supporters Club - Membership

Postby shrimper » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:19 pm

I'd have thought some sort of structure (rather than just a bunch of lads meeting up for a drink) was necessary to give the Fans' Club some credibility so that if and when they do want to 'speak' or represent the fans on any significant issues, they can do so with a degree of authority.

I thought that's what fans wanted.

To do that the organisers, at least in the early stages, WILL need to keep bumping threads on here.

Often when people suggest something like this club it fails because, while many are keen to say what 'should' and 'shouldn't' happen, no-one is actually prepared to give time to do anything about it and it all peters out.

Looks to me like there's a core of volunteers here who are carrying it forward pretty well up to now. Good luck to them.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Fans' of Morecambe Supporters Club - Membership

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 pm

I speak from my personally point of view and not the clubs point of view, I want to be part of the supporters club to help bring everyone together as a family rather than several families, not only will it help create a better match atmosphere but will also help fans have a louder voice.

Although I cannot give unlimited time to the supporters club I will give as much time as possible, I currently use my spare time to get the membership list upto date and also bump the forum and facebook because with a bigger supporters backing we then have an even bigger voice.

At this stage the supporters club is going through a transition stage where by it may look like nothing is being done but slowly and surely we are getting their and no its not about just meeting up and having a few drinks its about hearing everyone's voice and opinions on club matters.

We want every supporter to be involved whether you're a registered member or not we want everyone to be involved, yes members will get discounts to local establishments and hopefully special offers at the club, but we are one and together we can make the supporters club and Morecambe FC a great place to come and cheer on the team we all love.
thegentlegiant

Previous

Return to General Discussion