Stockport Predictions & Team Selection

Re: Stockport Predictions & Team Selection

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:59 pm

ockers wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Now Sammy's neck is on the block I expect some radical changes.

If he plays Hunter again my season ticket will be available in all good local charity shops !

garry has a medial knee ligamnet injury which will keep him out for a few weeks sadly
but im sure you will take great delight in that

absolute tosh. no-one wants anyone injured.

He stayed on 93 minutes so when was the injury?

His crosses are appalling and rarely get past the first defender.

If Sammy is serious about keeping his job then he has to start playing some league 2 standard players in the team Fact.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:01 pm

marky No.1 wrote:"Fully Fit Squad" Who writes this tosh? What about Gaz, Jev, Will, Rundle??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 313788.stm

what about Paul Scott :o :o
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Who?
Sammy h

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Sammy h wrote:Who?

exactly.

he went off for an operation and was back in training some time ago. where is he ?
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:12 pm

everytime ive seen him at the ground in the last couple of months he's been walking fine

he is the best holding midfielder we have i thought he looked class at the start of the season before them "infamous clear the air talks"
George Dawes

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Paul Scott last played v.Bury on 28th Sept, when he got his injury, but that was over 3 MONTHS AGO!!!
So, Rundle, Shuker, Fleming and now Scott who SM signed in the summer, are not often in the starting line up, so why did he sign them?
Once again, and I have said it before on here, it appears that Sammy does not know who his best players are, even though: "The fans don't see my players day in, day out like I do".
Apart from Roche, Parrish and McCready, he has tinkered around and tinkered around all season with different players.
Nothing wrong with doing that, if you get to a positive end result, i.e.a winning team,
but so far...... :( :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Did the pitch hold up well after the rugby match played on it today?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 pm

County 1-2 Shrimps
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ockers » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
ockers wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Now Sammy's neck is on the block I expect some radical changes.

If he plays Hunter again my season ticket will be available in all good local charity shops !

garry has a medial knee ligamnet injury which will keep him out for a few weeks sadly
but im sure you will take great delight in that

If Sammy is serious about keeping his job then he has to start playing some league 2 standard players in the team Fact.

facts i dont post stuff that isnt

you are a disgrace
ockers

Postby Loglayer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Well this is team.
Roche, Parrish,Charnock,Mcreedy,Wilson.
Duffy, Fleming,Stanley,Rundle.
Jevons, Spencer.
Get stuck in lads.....
Loglayer

Postby Morectalk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:29 pm

From BBC Sport : Shrimps boss Sammy McIlroy has a fully fit squad to choose from.

What the f**k ? :roll:
Morectalk

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Is Will Haining still injured then ?? Lost track ..... !!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Most times that Sammy tinkers with the formation it fails, so let's get back to basics with good old fashioned 4-4-2 and at least try to win every game by playing attacking football, stop hoofing it up to Mullin and play football, keep possession, make simple passes, run into space. Every time that Drummond launches one of his crossfield banana benders the opposition have all the time in the world to make a adjustments. Simple, short passes don't allow the opposition so much time to prepare, and if it goes wrong we still have players in the same area to try and get it back.

Roche
Parrish Bentley McReady Wilson
Duffy Fleming Stanners Rundle
Spencer Jevons

It was a relegation performance yesterday, and we are far better than that, but a win at Stockport is going to be difficult if Sammy fields the same formation as yesterday. He says it is time for the players to stand up and be counted, yet it all starts with his selection. So he is responsible for putting those players on the field, and by his own admission he sees these players every day. Which begs the question, what are these players doing in training that they can't do on a matchday?
Caged Lion

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:52 pm

If Sammy is serious about keeping his job then he has to start playing some league 2 standard players in the team Fact.[/quote]

facts i dont post stuff that isnt

you are a disgrace[/quote]

I would suggest you read my post again. it says "no-one wants anyone injured" why should that remark make me a disgrace ?
I want to see the best 11 players on the park for Morecambe so we can get out of this mess and IMHO Hunter is not one of our best 11 players. That is my opinion. You obviously have another opinion so we shall see how the results go in the next few weeks.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am

There will be changes.
Sammy h

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am

Drummond is the only midfielder we have who can win headers from long balls. Without him, we seem to look less imposing in midfield.
Little Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Keith wrote:
Sammy h wrote:TI have said it time and time again Wilson should be used as a left winger

But when he has been used as a winger, he was awful. Whether he can learn to be one, I don't know but now isn't the time to start playing anyone else out of position IMHO

He can't tackle and he is one of very few players (if any) that can beat a man and you actually think he can do something when he gets the ball.

Anyone remember when it used to be exciting to watch Morecambe when we had Tommo who could beat a man, cut inside and score?

Laurence Wilson can be that player, I honestly believe that. If now is not the time to experiment when is? F*** all else seems to be working.

Thanks for listening Sammy.

Wilson is wasted at left back, superb today.
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks for listening Sammy.

Wilson is wasted at left back, superb today

dya know i always thought YOU were sammy mac...silly me :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Morectalk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Have to agree. Wilson can't be getting forward as much when he has to keep tracking back.

Also, some people round me were bleating that we did not go for the jugular today - to them I say, what is most important to our club? The answer is 3 points & not show-boating or putting teams to the sword.

Well done today lads, a credit to the 300 or so fans who made the trip to a very cold Stockport this afternoon.

Parrish MOM again for me today.
Attachments
03.01.11 Parrish (WinCE).jpg
03.01.11 Parrish (WinCE).jpg (12 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Morectalk

Postby MfcChris » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Morectalk wrote:Parrish MOM again for me today.

He is an incredible player. Should be captain even though we have no leaders.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Morectalk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Much as though I think Barry Roach is one of our top players, we do lack a leader on the pitch. Parrish for a future captain maybe, but who else have we got? Stanners maybe would find the responsibility a good thing & it may curb his urge for verbals, which seems to be a bit of a problem for him. Also, if he can get fit and playing, I would have thought Jevo would be a good candidate.
Morectalk

Postby MfcChris » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

A striker being captain would be worse than the goalkeeper. Stanners is too gobby, starts and gets in to too many fights/bickering/tantrums. Jimbo is our only leader, although Charnock looks like he could be one in the future.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion