o/t Elton John and David Furnish

Re: o/t Elton John and David Furnish

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:15 am

what?

was the creator of mankind being sexist when he gave women wombs so they could give birth to children, but not to men?

how many men can lactate to feed their hungry babys?

none, not even the trannys?

I have said nothing about fathers bringing up their children in the absence of the mother so get your glasses on marky, my point was it is preferable to have a mother or two on the scene, calling me names over the computer, so macho :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:44 am

mrpotatohead wrote:my point was it is preferable to have a mother or two on the scene

Then it was a point very badly made...

mrpotatohead wrote:but two men straight or gay, no way.

there was no "preferable" comment in "no way"

mrpotatohead wrote:what?

was the creator of mankind being sexist when he gave women wombs so they could give birth to children, but not to men?

I actually don't mind anyone having an imaginary friend who they think made the world but I do worry about that influencing outcomes in the real world. I'd certainly have the bishops out of the Lords because I don't want them passing laws that people who don't have a creator have to then live by (abortion, euthanasia etc). Being against gay men adopting because a thousand year old book has some stories in it saying they are bad people really isn't a great basis for opinion. As I said before, I'd rather a child grow up in a loving & nurturing environment with two gay men than with abusive heterosexual parents.

Having worked in child & adolescent psychiatry, I can assure you, women may have the equipment to produce a baby but that doesn't mean they have a natural ability to bring up a child. I've seen the outcomes of physically, sexually and emotionally abusive mothers. It is far more common than most people are willing to believe. The baby brought up in the John-Furnish household is likely to be loved and nurtured far more than the teenage I knew who had been repeatedly raped by her mother over more than a decade.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:08 am

Keith wrote: As I said before, I'd rather a child grow up in a loving & nurturing environment with two gay men than with abusive heterosexual parents.

Even if one of them is almost old, and the other past the age of conception?
It's vulgar.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Peter wrote:
Keith wrote: As I said before, I'd rather a child grow up in a loving & nurturing environment with two gay men than with abusive heterosexual parents.

It's vulgar.

Sometimes I think I should just ignore your more ludicrous comments, other times I feel I have to respond to draw attention to the Daily Mail style banality of a post...

Yes, I very much stand by that comment, regardless of the age of the parents, gay, lesbian or straight! Are you seriously suggesting that it is preferable for a child to be brought up in an ABUSIVE environment than with older people, regardless of their sexuality? Are you really suggesting that if a child's parents were both to be killed in a car crash, then it would be better for the child to be brought up by a middle-aged paedophile rather than by loving & nurturing, but older, grandparents? Did you really think your post through?

Besides which, in this situation, one of them is the father, it was a surrogacy not an adoption.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:43 pm

Keith wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that it is preferable for a child to be brought up in an ABUSIVE environment than with older people, regardless of their sexuality?

Where have I mentioned anything about it being either preferable or acceptable for a child to be brought up in an abusive environment?
You know what my point is, so I don't understand why you are telling me I meant something else.

Keith wrote:Are you really suggesting that if a child's parents were both to be killed in a car crash, then it would be better for the child to be brought up by a middle-aged paedophile rather than by loving & nurturing, but older, grandparents?

No. Where has the middle-aged paedophile suddenly appeared from?

Keith wrote:Did you really think your post through?

Did you?
Plain Peter

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Even hollywoods filmakers believe it would take at least 3 men to bring up a baby!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:14 pm

This just about sums it up...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/12/31/you-just-can-t-kid-a-kid-elton-john-says-coleen-nolan-115875-22817424/

...and how can one of them be the father if neither of them were the donor? :?
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Peter wrote:
Keith wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that it is preferable for a child to be brought up in an ABUSIVE environment than with older people, regardless of their sexuality?

Where have I mentioned anything about it being either preferable or acceptable for a child to be brought up in an abusive environment?

err... here?

Peter wrote:

It's vulgar.

I would STILL rather a loving and nurturing environment RATHER THAN abusive parents "EVEN IF ONE OF THEM IS ALMOST OLD AND THE OTHER IS PAST THE AGE OF CONCEPTION".

You are suggesting that because of their age the other alternative is preferable.

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion