Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Re: Bye bye Mr McIlroy

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:29 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:Stick with sammy he will turn it round, No to Coleman please.

agree with you rather we stick with Sammy than get Coleman in
heysham_mfc

Postby olly » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:43 am

yep bye bye,,,a stronger tree willl carry more apples
olly

Postby ockers » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 pm

the things they were saying last October....................... :shock:
ockers

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:39 pm

ockers wrote:the things they were saying last October....................... :shock:

and the season before that from memory :lol:
broadwayshrimp

Postby CASS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Well .lfto..You should never kick a dog and then turn your back,there is every chance it will bite you hard on the arse..Are we all sitting comfortably. :lol: :lol: Oh the shame
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:24 pm

All those negatives must have been outweighed by positive feelings looking at the position the team is in now. All them none defeats payed off at the start of the best season in the league in the Shrimps history all down to all the loyal fans players and managment . 3 cheers to Sammy McIlroy :D :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:47 pm

ockers wrote:the things they were saying last October....................... :shock:

But if Sammy hadn't read my posts on another thread Sean and changed the formation to 4-4-2 , they might still be calling for his head. ;) ;) ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:03 pm

always had faith in the squad i just not a fan of SM at times tactically but he's got good pulling powers signing players is committed to the club & players

i do feel he should have changed the formation earlier and thought we had a poor pre-season what contributed to the bad start this season like playing 4 4 2 in pre-season with our new players, then get on this when the new season KO then asks players to play a 3 5 2 with a wing back system, hence mistakes and conceding to many goals leading to defeats and possible relegation, but eventually the coin dropped then switched to a familiar 4 4 2 what every player knows how to play inside out and then moved away from danger
George Dawes

Postby skyecat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Basic mathematics led me to say in October/November time that all those draws would help us later on in the season if we started to win some games, because the teams we were getting 1 point from - ALSO only got 1 point - and I think that is a major contributing factor to the closeness at the top end of the table now.
So, our own "downfall" at the beginning of the season could be our saviour at the end of the season! Although, 3 points would have been better than 1 of course - BUT, some of the teams that we would have undoubtedly lost to (we wouldn't have won them all would we?) could now have been a few points away from us, rather than just 1 or 2.

Just my thoughts.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby The Fury » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:25 pm

DawZi wrote:always had faith in the squad i just not a fan of SM at times tactically but he's got good pulling powers signing players is committed to the club & players

i do feel he should have changed the formation earlier and thought we had a poor pre-season what contributed to the bad start this season like playing 4 4 2 in pre-season with our new players, then get on this when the new season KO then asks players to play a 3 5 2 with a wing back system, hence mistakes and conceding to many goals leading to defeats and possible relegation, but eventually the coin dropped then switched to a familiar 4 4 2 what every player knows how to play inside out and then moved away from danger

The 3-5-2 was put in place, I reckon, in order to accommodate Ian Craney, whom many want to be retained next season. If we do retain him, I reckon he will, once again, struggle to fit into our existing system.

I liked 3-5-2. Sure, we conceded loads but we were a real threat going forwards. We played some of the best prolonged football I've seen since Sammy took charge in that time and, whilst I accept we had to change strategy in order to stop leaking goals and pick up valuable points, I was a little sorry to see our decent football stifled.
The Fury

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:51 pm

All things considered...we should definitely stick with Sammy for the rest of the season.
Caged Lion

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:13 pm

The Fury wrote:

The 3-5-2 was put in place, I reckon, in order to accommodate Ian Craney, whom many want to be retained next season. If we do retain him, I reckon he will, once again, struggle to fit into our existing system.

I liked 3-5-2. Sure, we conceded loads but we were a real threat going forwards. We played some of the best prolonged football I've seen since Sammy took charge in that time and, whilst I accept we had to change strategy in order to stop leaking goals and pick up valuable points, I was a little sorry to see our decent football stifled.

i know what your saying. right now we probably would be better suited playing that 3 5 2 formation just to accommodate the players we have available

we have good central defenders(Parrish Bentley Haining Artell) and we have quality in wing-backs with Wilson & Wainwright now and it would allow Hunter Stanley Drummond to play together in the middle and would also allow us to play to center forwards for these two must win games!
George Dawes

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:47 am

The Fury wrote:
DawZi wrote:always had faith in the squad i just not a fan of SM at times tactically but he's got good pulling powers signing players is committed to the club & players

3-5-2 was to accommodate Ryan McGivern :lol:

It turned into 'our' system, that made use of our wingbacks in Yates and Wainwright, and gave strength to our central areas and worked well in the second half of last season. We seemed to have been worked out over the summer, though, and the formation wasn't as effective.
Harry

Previous

Return to General Discussion