Shrimps Trust to meet with Mr Whittingham

Re: Shrimps Trust to meet with Mr Whittingham

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:01 pm

It was the 125% of wages that I was referring to. That was taken out last year (September?) and never put back. It is long long gone.[/quote]

The EFL instructed Jason to replace the money with a deadline at end May.
black morse

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:10 pm

black morse wrote:It was the 125% of wages that I was referring to. That was taken out last year (September?) and never put back. It is long long gone.

The EFL instructed Jason to replace the money with a deadline at end May.[/quote]

I still believe that pot is still empty. Jason received a 10k fine for not replacing the funds with another 20k heading his way if it was still empty by the end of May. No news on the subject probably means he hasn't done it.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby dazza » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:42 pm

has he spoken to staff at the club someone somewhere surely must know :shock:
****dazza****
dazza

Postby vvm » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:44 pm

Probably postponed
vvm

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:18 pm

He probably told them that he had brought Derek back because they are buddies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and maybe, just maybe he told them that he had sold the club. 8-)
black morse

Postby vvm » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:36 pm

Ben Cass mentioned in his interview with BBC sport Lancashire that he believes the trust have had the written replies to their questions from Jason and so we should expect them to be shared soon. Presumably after he postpones the meeting again tomorrow is my guess.
vvm

Postby bigbobshrimp » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:34 pm

“Morecambe owner Jason Whittingham has broken his silence to tell i that he is in talks with four potential buyers for the embattled League Two club and is looking to sell the club “as soon as practically possible”.

Whittingham has faced fierce criticism for his stewardship of the club – including repeated calls from the board of directors to sell up and discontent from players – and Morecambe fans started fundraising last week to attempt to buy a stake in the club.

A blistering letter from the club’s board of directors a fortnight ago warned of a “catastrophic outcome” if Whittingham didn’t sell – but the owner has reassured i funding is in place while the sales process plays out in the background.

The growing sense of crisis at the Mazuma Stadium saw manager Ged Brannan walk away from the club a week after the season finished while Morecambe were docked three points after a suspended EFL punishment was triggered.

The club currently has just a handful of professionals and the board of directors have previously said administration is a possibility – although i understands those fears have eased significantly in recent days. The appointment of Derek Adams on a rolling contract on Monday afternoon would appear to back that up.

Although a sale does not appear imminent, further discusssions with interested parties will take place this week. A US investor is understood to be considered the front-runner.

But Whittingham – who said there was a “ridiculous, one-sided narrative on social media” around the club – said his Bond Group would continue to fund the Shrimps while the sales process continues. It’s understood a cash injection, along with the monthly wages, was made last month.

In written answers to questions posed of him by i, Whittingham said he was speaking out to “set the record straight” and wanted to correct a one-sided narrative that had built up around Morecambe.

He said: “There are currently four interested parties and conversations are ongoing with all of them in parallel until such a time reasonable terms are agreed and accepted with any one of them.

“They are all suitable owners and it is my intention to get to an agreement as soon as practically possible.”

Whittingham has been accused of setting the asking price too high but said that it was based on an “independent valuation” of the club.

He said: “[The club’s] asking price is based on or around an independent valuation and any buyer will consider that and then other factors relating to the club which they feel are relevant.

“There is no specific price but there is an expectation that buyers are realistic in their ambition to own a League Two club that owns its own stadium and will be sold debt free.”

Last month Morecambe chairman Rod Taylor spoke of the club’s fears for the future if a sale wasn’t concluded and previously wages have been paid late.

In an open letter the club’s board of directors said assurances to provide future funds were “meaningless” but Whittingham refuted that.

“Bond Group has continued to fund the club and will continue to do so until the club is sold,” he said.

“For clarity, and despite comments from the board in their open letter the club has received funding through Bond Group or financial windfalls far in excess of the budget we agreed for the 2023/24 season.”

The next steps at the club will be interesting as a saga that has largely played out away from the limelight takes another turn. The Shrimps moved to reappoint former manager Adams on Monday after a positive meeting earlier in the day.

The club also plan to appoint a general manager and finance director as the board of directors look to “get on with on things” after a stalled start to pre-season.

It is understood that Bond Group paid both the wages and injected extra funds last month to enable the club to move forward with pre-season plans.

Whittingham cancelled a meeting with the supporters trust on Friday but is understood to have been in contact with them this week.
The Shrimps Trust has raised over £6,000 of a £50,000 target as part of a “Save our Shrimps” campaign. Joel Shooter said the trust’s position remained that he should sell up – but the fund could be used to acquire a partial stake in the future.“

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/more ... rs-3089423
bigbobshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:48 pm

He has suddenly come out of hiding now he has interested parties and the end might be in sight. I guess he is only putting in money short term because he thinks he's getting it back soon.

Just listening to glen cooper in radio lancs didn't realise the Americans are friends of Derek and his dad.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:35 pm

Well what to make of bigbobshrimp’s post!!

All I can say is, if he is in talks with potential buyers and he really wants to sell, do what you have to do.

Bloody focus man!!

He needs to use all that business acumen, that he must truly believe he has, into the sale.

He may actually achieve it even after nearly two years.

Besides being a relief, most of all he will make a lot of people very very happy.

I hope we can all say bye bye soon.
Billy bodger

Postby glagys » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:57 pm

Sounds like he’s hoping for a bidding war or at least to try and up the offers on the table
glagys

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:00 pm

P/T Indie wrote:He has suddenly come out of hiding now he has interested parties and the end might be in sight. I guess he is only putting in money short term because he thinks he's getting it back soon.

Just listening to glen cooper in radio lancs didn't realise the Americans are friends of Derek and his dad.

If it is true that the Americans are friends with Derek and his dad that could be a dream team if it goes through as it would presumably reawaken Derek's plan to get us into the Championship (farfetched as that may seem). What a turn around that would be.
black morse

Postby glagys » Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:53 pm

Well would explain DA’s decision to re-join
He must have some inside information
Hope it is so and he can look to build a team
I assume all these bids, the people have already passed the EFL test
What about the VAT money? That been sorted yet ?
glagys

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:01 pm

glagys wrote:Well would explain DA’s decision to re-join
He must have some inside information
Hope it is so and he can look to build a team
I assume all these bids, the people have already passed the EFL test
What about the VAT money? That been sorted yet ?

I should think they are only considered for the EFL test once they and the owner have agreed terms.
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:18 pm

The Trust have been fantastic in recent months. Well done to all involved.
BerlinWaller

Postby glagys » Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:21 pm

But you wouldn’t talk to them if they weren’t creditable, if you really want to sell
glagys

Postby twosheds » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:04 pm

In light of the above statement....is the planned meeting with the Trust and JW still going ahead tomorrow....?
twosheds

Postby Hodgie1978 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:37 pm

Jason has answered some questions by email. They will be sent to all members.
Hodgie1978

Previous

Return to General Discussion