Just Perhaps

Just Perhaps

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 pm

And only perhaps

The time is nigh for sammy to move on?

November has come (keith) and we are still dire

Always will think sammy is a good manager but it may be time for him..............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Just Perhaps

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:55 pm

I would give Sammy a bit longer yet, maybe see what he can do in the January window before a decision on him is made.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Many managers get sacked after being a hero for the club. You can not live in the past. Season by season in football. Game by game.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Somebody in the crowd suggested some subs, Sammy faced back at him with a very defeatist reply, Kept them back in the dressing room afterwards.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:16 pm

whatever you think of the manager its his call, if I were him I would not validate the 62 judges who think they are part of the management team coz of their padded seats, they should have padded cells :lol: :lol:

Anyone know why there was a freenut lockdown today :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:21 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I would give Sammy a bit longer yet, maybe see what he can do in the January window before a decision on him is made.

The thing is if it's time for a change you need to get a new person in before Jan so they have the transfer window otherwise Sammy could bring the next batch of Shuker's, Capaldi's etc and we be stuck with them for another year or two.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:24 pm

P/T Indie wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:I would give Sammy a bit longer yet, maybe see what he can do in the January window before a decision on him is made.

The thing is if it's time for a change you need to get a new person in before Jan so they have the transfer window otherwise Sammy could bring the next batch of Shuker's, Capaldi's etc and we be stuck with them for another year or two.

Bit harsh, Capaldi and Shuker are use to consistantly playing in the Championship & League One respectively, so they should be good.
Last edited by MfcChris on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 pm

MfcChris wrote:Many managers get sacked after being a hero for the club. You can not live in the past. Season by season in football. Game by game.

No, but previous performance makes a difference to how much time is given to turn things around. Despite getting beaten by the team second from bottom at the start of the day, and clearly in a relegation dog-fight, I don't think we will go down. I also still think that we are best served by not chopping & changing management every time we have a blip.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:35 pm

We struggle against the teams who are likely to finish in the bottom half, especially at home (Lincoln, Stevenage, Barnet, Gills, Macclesfield and Accy we will). Yet we get results and the top teams (Shrews, Bradford, Rotherham, Chesterfield) :?

Time will tell. Who is available? Curbishley, Dowie, Jewell, Strachan, Southgate :lol:

Mark Wright :geek:
MfcChris

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Jimbo and Mark Lillis :o but it would never happen

P/T Indie

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Jimbo and Mark Lillis :o but it would never happen

Were you following me home??? I said that ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mazatec » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Its not a blip

Today we were playing the bottom team. who were a lot younger and yards faster,there right winger rang our defence ragged, a free transfer I'm told, one wishes we could sign a winger as quick,on a free.

We had no pace today with Flemming and Parrish out. and no heart or fight.to slow and an aging squad.

Unfortunately its time for a change at the top. Sammy reached zenith wembley, now hes reached his nadir.
mazatec

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:48 pm

No7 Mustapha Carayol joined them in the summer after turning down a new deal at Torquay, I thought he was very good today, just a little wayward at times with his shooting.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 pm

To get rid of Sammy would only worsen the situation in nact I would stop going next season if he were to be sacked.
heysham_mfc

Postby alwaysright » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 pm

There will be a lot more than you that stop going next season if we drop out of the league
alwaysright

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:38 pm

We aren't going to drop out of the league. At all.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm

football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:58 pm

alwaysright wrote:There will be a lot more than you that stop going next season if we drop out of the league

Thing is I would still go if we went down but were not going to there are teams far worse off than Morecambe in this league just because up to now apart from a few good performances we have been way off our best does not mean we will get relegated.
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:10 pm

For me, Sammy had his hands tied today. The team picked itself, nobody would have picked a different team given the injuries/illnesses. The only subs that most people would have brought on did, albeit a little late for some. I still don't think earlier subs would have changed the outcome of today given that so many players were playing poorly.

I think the players need to accept more of the blame with their too-frequent individual mistakes but more so, their inconsistancy. That doesn't mean Sammy (and Mark for that matter) are blame-free...god knows what they had them doing in training this week but it was wasted on crap set pieces and clearly wasnt on passing!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:34 am

Sammy out.
Sammy h

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:02 am

outsider wrote:

Been thinking it for a long time now as sometimes I wonder what Sammy actually does, Lillis does all the coaching, works with the lads and a lot of motivation stuff with them and when I hear the players talk they always seem to mention Lillis, Lills has had us doing this and Lills spoke to us about that etc etc never Sammy. Lillis does a hell of a lot of work that people don't realise and he doesn't get nowhere near as much credit as he should.
Then we all know Jimbo and his leadership skills and he keeps the team together. I think if Jimbo wasn't there the situation would be even worse during bad times as the dressing room would be a bad place but Jimbo trys to keep them all together.

If either Jimbo or Lillis left Morecambe I think we would really struggle and they would be a massive loss but if Sammy went I don't think we would miss him as much as the other two.

I always think there are 3/4 people at Morecambe FC and if they left we would be up the creek without a paddle and Jimbo and Lillis are 2 of them.

P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:09 am

P/T Indie wrote:
outsider wrote:

Been thinking it for a long time now as sometimes I wonder what Sammy actually does, Lillis does all the coaching, works with the lads and a lot of motivation stuff with them and when I hear the players talk they always seem to mention Lillis, Lills has had us doing this and Lills spoke to us about that etc etc never Sammy. Lillis does a hell of a lot of work that people don't realise and he doesn't get nowhere near as much credit as he should.
Then we all know Jimbo and his leadership skills and he keeps the team together. I think if Jimbo wasn't there the situation would be even worse during bad times as the dressing room would be a bad place but Jimbo trys to keep them all together.

If either Jimbo or Lillis left Morecambe I think we would really struggle and they would be a massive loss but if Sammy went I don't think we would miss him as much as the other two.

I always think there are 3/4 people at Morecambe FC and if they left we would be up the creek without a paddle and Jimbo and Lillis are 2 of them.

The other 1/2 being....??????

Peter McG and Rod T by any chance? :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 am

How did you guess ;)

P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:41 am

[quote="P/T Indie"]How did you guess ;)[/quote]

...have to admit it was a struggle..... :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:44 am

P/T Indie wrote:
outsider wrote:

Mark and Jimbo are vital in their roles as coaches but there is a huge difference between being a coach and being a manager.
Mark had a go as Halifax manager and it didnt work out for him.
If Sammy left , the club would have to appoint a new manager and the board would not take a risk on Mark or Jimbo. So those who want a change who are the candidates ?
Does Alex Ferguson do much actual coaching ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion