CUTS...CUTS

CUTS...CUTS

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 pm

WHAT THE HELL

we have to have cuts :evil:

but oversea aid continues :?

imo charity begins at home and if this little britain EVER becomes properous again...then we should perhaps think twice
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: CUTS...CUTS

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Cuts in benefits in the UK result in people living on a low income and struggling to afford Christmas presents for their kids.

Cuts in aid in countries such as Haiti, Niger and Mali result in death through diseases which could have been treated, starvation which could have been avoided and massive levels of child malnutrition, suffering and death which could have been avoided because people stopped caring.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:44 pm

I think that aiming towards achieving the promised 0.7% of GDP by 2013 is a good and honourable thing to do (currently about 0.5%). What I find difficult to understand is why development funds are being made available to India, a country that has nuclear weapons and a space programme. India apparently spends approximately 0.8% of their own GDP on their space programme. Let them spend their space & nuclear weapons money on their own people first.

Keep the development money but spend it in places where the governments are doing their best for their own people.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Posh wrote:Cuts in benefits in the UK result in people living on a low income and struggling to afford Christmas presents for their kids.

Cuts in aid in countries such as Haiti, Niger and Mali result in death through diseases which could have been treated, starvation which could have been avoided and massive levels of child malnutrition, suffering and death which could have been avoided because people stopped caring.

fair point but would you like to go back in time a little,how many times have we donated money to it all be taken by the despots of the country we are trying to help

i could mention a few......................
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 pm

yeah wow mugabe is sending pie aid to the mbw stand on saturday omg hope he remembers greyvy YW
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Go for it. Name a few.

Promise you that whatever you can name I can show you we spent more money on our little adventure in Iraq. I'd rather have aid than war anytime.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Posh wrote:Go for it. Name a few.

Promise you that whatever you can name I can show you we spent more money on our little adventure in Iraq. I'd rather have aid than war anytime.

will do....

dya want the dictators first or in order in the (third world)
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Make sure you can beat 5 billion quid :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am

dictators who gas and kill kids and innocent people(Kurds) should we not HELP stop that?

and foreign aid i would just like us to go shoulder to shoulder with other countries like us now with aid instead of trying to take the lead role all the time who do we still think we are ?
George Dawes

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:39 am

CUTS...CUTS surely there's an N missing from one of those words if we're talking about the Bullingdon boys implementing them?

Gassing the Kurd eh? Now there's an interesting topic to get on to if we're on the subject of feudal silver-spoon aristocrats and their policies.
durhamshrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:50 am

DawZi wrote:dictators who gas and kill kids and innocent people(Kurds) should we not HELP stop that?

Gassing the Kurds? Are you talking about Churchill?

"We" killed more children in Iraq than Saddam by imposing appalling sanctions that starved the population and denied them medical support. And the war criminal who lied to take us to war effectively admitted that sanctions didn't work anyway. Saddam was a foul, brutal dictator but I'm not sure that life for the average Iraqi is better or safer now than it was then. If we'd had the will and guts to do so "we" should have supported the Marsh Arabs in their uprising rather than leave them to their fate.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 am

Marsh Arabs! What about the Hala Kurds, or the Ryelands Shi-Ites?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:34 pm

yeah wow baranksome obama would sort them out omg yeah wow
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Here's a couple of money saving tips.

Buy a dog.
Save on the pre-wash in the dish-washer :lol:

You don't pay VAT on kids clothes.
Most 9 kids these days wear adult size clothes.
Just buy kids clothes :shock:
Plain Peter

Postby ockers » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Freez wrote:Marsh Arabs! What about the Hala Kurds, or the Ryelands Shi-Ites?

i like bare basques............ :o
ockers

Postby outsider » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 pm

ockers wrote: i like bare basques............ :o

Is that opening next to the Butcher's?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ockers » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:55 pm

outsider wrote:
ockers wrote: i like bare basques............ :o

Is that opening next to the Butcher's?

:lol: :lol:
ockers

Postby Posh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 pm

DawZi wrote:dictators who gas and kill kids and innocent people(Kurds) should we not HELP stop that?

But we didn't just destroy a dictator we destroyed an army and a political organisation that acted as a bulwark against the growth of Iran. Iran is trying to put in place an Islamic Republic in Iraq that will leave the countries minorities far worse off and hasten a new civil war as well as bring in the religious oppression of women Iraq didn't have.

and foreign aid i would just like us to go shoulder to shoulder with other countries like us now with aid instead of trying to take the lead role all the time who do we still think we are ?

Britain aren't the leaders in aid - although because of our imperial past maybe we should be. The world leaders in aid are China. All around the world the Chinese are taking mineral wealth and oil in return for aid and new infrastructure. The problem is the Chinese don't give a toss about democracy and civil rights in the countries they invest in, unlike ourselves and bigger aid donors such as the Scandinavian countries.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:47 am

But we didn't just destroy a dictator we destroyed an army and a political organisation that acted as a bulwark against the growth of Iran. Iran is trying to put in place an Islamic Republic in Iraq that will leave the countries minorities far worse off and hasten a new civil war as well as bring in the religious oppression of women Iraq didn't have.

it's easy saying that now, i dont think nobody could have predicted how things are going now everybody thought most Iraq people would be glad to see the back of Saddam and move forward with a new regime in place but clearly not! but i agree about Iran who was at war with Iraq for years we have done them a massive favour

oh and keith
Gassing the Kurds? Are you talking about Churchill?

i meant to reply before that about Churchill allegedly gassing Arabs? i heard about that before and looked into there just allegations but he been quoted and admitted he would morally have no problem using gas to end wars quickly in order to save lives of our own soldiers
George Dawes

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:27 am

DawZi wrote:
i meant to reply before that about Churchill allegedly gassing Arabs? i heard about that before and looked into there just allegations but he been quoted and admitted he would morally have no problem using gas to end wars quickly in order to save lives of our own soldiers

Still a big fat posh racist twat though.
durhamshrimp

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:06 pm

DawZi wrote:i dont think nobody could have predicted how things are going now everybody thought most Iraq people would be glad to see the back of Saddam and move forward with a new regime in place but clearly not! but i agree about Iran who was at war with Iraq for years we have done them a massive favour

Double negative aside, I can assure you that I very much predicted EXACTLY this mess prior to the invasion. People like me, who have been sadly proved correct were talking about it turning into "another Vietnam" even before the first bombs fell. It was a secular regime that on falling was bound to become a hotbed for a fundamentalist state. There was never any connection between 9/11 and Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden hated Saddam and visa-versa. After Gulf War 1 bin-Ladan wanted to 'finish the job off' but was not allowed to by the Saudi regime (an equally despotic regime but they are still our despots). There was never any plan for peace, only war. I said at the time (and 'Simply Red'/Midds may even recall the comment) that if 'we' went in, the only way to get out in a reasonable manner would be to take out Saddam but leave the rest of the government in place. Put Tariq Aziz in charge with a clear mandate to introduce elections five years later. In exchange, pardon him and everyone else in the regime and let them keep their millions of dollars. That way, with sanctions lifted, they could move away from the previous regime in a controlled manner, with water and electricity and a functioning government. Instead we had a war mongering President dictating to a lying British lapdog and 'we' took off the entire head. Then some people were left wondering why it all went wrong?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby casey jones » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 pm

amen to that, Keith
casey jones

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:27 pm

i dont think Tony Blair lied to go to war what he did wrong is he just took the Americans(George Bush) word for it as gospel regarding WOMD

i have no doubt in my mind even if the Conservatives had have been in power back then would have gone in with America gun-ho all the same
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:51 pm

DawZi wrote:i dont think Tony Blair lied to go to war what he did wrong is he just took the Americans(George Bush) word for it as gospel regarding WOMD

I think you will find that the US government took our 'sexed up' document as gospel. It was our 45 minute nonsense. Bliar either knew it and lied or should have known about it and didn't, in which case he was completely incompetent. Personally, I don't believe he was incompetent.

Interesting, subtle, subconscious or purely coincidental use of the word "gospel" given that both Bush and Bliar admitted to 'praying for guidance' before they embarked on their "crusade".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby SPARKYM » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:48 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:WHAT THE HELL

we have to have cuts :evil:

but oversea aid continues :?

imo charity begins at home and if this little britain EVER becomes properous again...then we should perhaps think twice

no cuts for that scum scouser at scum trafford
SPARKYM

Next

Return to General Discussion